knees are hurting, feet are hurting

going to just walk more than running for a few days and try to walk on the trails instead of cement or the baseball field

#1111 Aug 31, 2024, 03:33 PM Last Edit: Sep 01, 2024, 01:19 PM by Shhon
Quote from: Guybrush on Aug 24, 2024, 08:23 AMAnother CrossFit session yesterday. It was front squats first. What an awful exercise. Again it was dip down, then rise slightly hold for 3 seconds at the 90% angle, then finish the lift. I ended up at 60 kgs which is a light weight now for a back squat, but my wrists did not like this unnatural bending backwards so it was really uncomfortable. I didn't feel like I could go higher on account of my stiff wrists holding me back.

I've also had crazy carpal tunnel in both wrists in the not so distant past.

After that, rowing, kettlebell swings, awful thrusters (squat and lift barbell over head).

I died.
this sounds tough and hard

i need to start doing crossfit too, ive been youtubing videos about it. its seems great

yutyut

weekly totals for this week in steps
didnt even lift once though this week

Quote from: Shhon on Aug 31, 2024, 03:33 PMthis sounds stuff and hard

i need to start doing crossfit too, ive been youtubing videos about it. its seems great

Yes. Only small fly in the ointment is it's relatively pricey here, but what the hell. It's still a good investment 🙂

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Sep 01, 2024, 08:38 AMYes. Only small fly in the ointment is it's relatively pricey here, but what the hell. It's still a good investment 🙂

I meant to type 'tough' instead of 'stuff'  :laughing:

Sorry to hear about the carpal tunnel also  :-\

@Shhon regarding your lifting, what exactly is your goal?

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Sep 03, 2024, 05:17 PM@Shhon regarding your lifting, what exactly is your goal?

i dont know, im confused lol

how is your injury?

are you able to lift again?

Quote from: Shhon on Sep 03, 2024, 06:14 PMi dont know, im confused lol

how is your injury?

are you able to lift again?

I've been lifting all through it, just watching what I do. I don't lift as heavy on squat or deadlifts now. Just until I get it fixed.

You might want to decide on what your goal is (build muscle/lose fat/completing a particular event like a marathon or whatever), then train accordingly.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Sep 03, 2024, 07:50 PMI've been lifting all through it, just watching what I do. I don't lift as heavy on squat or deadlifts now. Just until I get it fixed.

You might want to decide on what your goal is (build muscle/lose fat/completing a particular event like a marathon or whatever), then train accordingly.

oh thats nice you're able to do that still

thanks for the advice, that makes a lot of sense. I'll make some September goals tonight

Knocked out chest day with minimal back pain. I feel better than I did before.

Also did 10k steps today.

I was this cool the whole time.

Yesterday I did my 20 min cardio but I kicked up the steps to 15k.

I think 10k steps a day is reasonable for me and I'm going to shoot for that target range.

Skipping the gym today because I have an early dr appointment.

I was this cool the whole time.