Training with a hernia is going OK.

Been getting stronger but also losing fat.

Fingers crossed it stays this way, at least until I can get it fixed.

Only God knows.

Well I'm down for the count for a bit til I get this back situation looked at. I tried to do chest day yesterday and I was in agonizing pain when I got to the bench to lay down on it.

When I lay down on my bed at home it doesn't hurt because my mattress is super comfy and soft but the hard surface of the bench created so much pain for my back. I tried to do alternative exercises to still work my chest that doesn't involve being on the bench but I was even having a tough time with the chest press sitting up right.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Aug 20, 2024, 01:03 PMWell I'm down for the count for a bit til I get this back situation looked at. I tried to do chest day yesterday and I was in agonizing pain when I got to the bench to lay down on it.

When I lay down on my bed at home it doesn't hurt because my mattress is super comfy and soft but the hard surface of the bench created so much pain for my back. I tried to do alternative exercises to still work my chest that doesn't involve being on the bench but I was even having a tough time with the chest press sitting up right.

sorry to hear about this

what are some of your fitness goals and objectives you are trying to get to?

Lose weight? thats just simply cardio and heart rate stuff = walking & running, etc
Lose weight & gain muscle? thats just cardio and lifting (lifting will get your heart rate up too)
Only gain muscle? this seems to be what you are focusing on from what I've read in your posts

Quote from: Shhon on Aug 20, 2024, 01:48 PMsorry to hear about this

what are some of your fitness goals and objectives you are trying to get to?

Lose weight? thats just simply cardio and heart rate stuff = walking & running, etc
Lose weight & gain muscle? thats just cardio and lifting (lifting will get your heart rate up too)
Only gain muscle? this seems to be what you are focusing on from what I've read in your posts

I mainly work out to stay active. I got back from the docs and I did pull a muscle, probably on back day. I sprinkle cardio and lifting throughout the week. I do also wanna get rid of my moobs that's why I use to work on chest twice a week but I cut back to only once and would do back and shoulders together.

#1085 Aug 20, 2024, 07:12 PM Last Edit: Aug 21, 2024, 02:52 AM by Shhon
Quote from: DJChameleon on Aug 20, 2024, 06:33 PMI mainly work out to stay active. I got back from the docs and I did pull a muscle, probably on back day. I sprinkle cardio and lifting throughout the week. I do also wanna get rid of my moobs that's why I use to work on chest twice a week but I cut back to only once and would do back and shoulders together.

That's nice, same here.

The moobs situation would be a total body fat reduction solution compared to creating bigger pectoralis with fat on top in front of them. Working out shoulders along with total body fat reduction would probably be even better.

Sorry to hear about the pulled muscle though

I thought about dropping this youtube video here also for this post.

I dont really do much other than cardio but do some lifting too. About a good workout to get my heart rate up about 3 or maybe 4 times a week. I do want to get that to an everyday thing. I've focused on just walking and running with some lifting mixed in.

fasting and dieting at the same time will accelerate the progress also

Did CrossFit. Today was sumo deadlifts first, so did 8 sets of 3 reps. We were also supposed to pause mid-rep where the barbell was just below the knee to a count of three before pulling it all the way up. I don't really do deadlifts, so I started easy and added weight. I started at 50 kgs and the last one or two sets was at 110 which felt good.

Then the real workout started. We were supposed to try and do 3 rounds of 4 exercises within 18 minutes.

Round 1 was:

42 reps of dumbbell snatches
42 situps
42 cals on a rowing machine
Another 42 situps

Round 2 was the same, but changing the numbers down to 30.

Round 3 was the same, but changing the numbers to 18.

The situps were killer, so I only managed the first two rounds 😅 still, that was 144 situps which is more than I've ever done in a day. Kinda ridiculous.

On Sunday, there's an event at this gym where people are gonna try and do 1000 Burpees. They're crazy.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Well done Big T.

You must have way more stamina and shit now.

Mrs T must be happy 😯

Only God knows.

Since I skipped put on the gym yesterday. I forced myself to go today since it was a cardio day.

My back feels fine while doing cardio but hours later the pain creeps up on me and I'm just like groaning in bed.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Aug 22, 2024, 12:18 AMWell done Big T.

You must have way more stamina and shit now.

Mrs T must be happy 😯

Thanks, mate!

Yes, lots more stamina with a lot of gains still to be made. It is definitely a quality of life improvement.. but not one my wife takes much advantage of 😄

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Shhon on Sep 21, 2023, 05:29 PM9/21

two days in a row hitting my goal of 10k steps;
Google says it's about 5 miles;

The last time I used to do step goals was last year and it was smaller around the 6k mark. I might start tracking it again. Maybe next month.