Feb 05, 2023, 09:19 PM Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 09:21 PM by Guybrush
I thought I would post a thread seeing as we're not too far into the year that everyone has given up getting fit for the New Year.

So of those of you who do keep fit what are you doing?

Only God knows.

My partner got me inspired to exercise more, and it's paid off. Since June when I started my workout schedule I've gone down from 295 to 261 pounds. I do a 30-35 minute workout every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and a brisk morning walk every weekday. Of course part of that is also the strict diet I'm on.

I'd love to get anywhere near my all time low of 160-something pounds from back in my college days, but really I'm just happy I'm seeing results. It helps to have a fiercely inspiring man like my partner to ignite the desire to get more in shape.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Wow, great work, Lady :D

I haven't done any exercise in a while. I've wanted to, but have been unusually physically tired since I got mono about three months ago. This weekend was the first since then that I felt like my energy is returning to normal. When the weather warms a bit, I want to start running again. I'm not too good at doing it consistently, but it's my favorite way to exercise and we even got a room with a treadmill (and an exercise bike) so I can do it indoors if it's absolutely shit outside.

Happiness is a warm manatee

If I don't do something physical or fitness based it affects my mood.

Right now I train for around one hour four or five days a week.

I feel better for doing it and I don't ever want to give it up. When I had covid I had to stop for a week or two and it felt horrible.

Only God knows.

I work out at home every day for around 75 to 90 minutes. 40 minutes on my bike and the rest is cardio and weights. When the weather is warm, I also add hiking, kayaking or swimming into my daily routine.

Quote from: Psy-Fi on Feb 09, 2023, 12:09 AMI work out at home every day for around 75 to 90 minutes. 40 minutes on my bike and the rest is cardio and weights. When the weather is warm, I also add hiking, kayaking or swimming into my daily routine.

Nice work. What sort of equipment and weights do you have?

I use my garden shed, it's big enough to fit a bench, squat rack and lots of weights, barbells, dumbbells, resistance bands.

I am looking to purchase some 20kg plates soon but they are so expensive now. :'(

Only God knows.

#6 Feb 09, 2023, 01:55 AM Last Edit: Feb 09, 2023, 01:17 PM by Psy-Fi Reason: Fixed a typo.
I have a recumbent exercise bike, a rowing machine, a weight bench with leg lift & curl attachment, a straight barbell, a curved barbell, two sets of dumbbells, an adjustable kettle bell, and weights of various sizes. I bought the bike for around $120.00 (USD), the bench cost me about the same, the kettle bell was around $25.00 and the rowing machine and all the weights & bars were items I scavenged from my local town dump.
It's amazing how much exercise equipment gets tossed out by people who are moving or just gave up on using it. I know what you mean about the cost of weights. I've seen how much they cost new and am very glad I lucked out by getting all mine for free.

About half of mine are 40 years old or so, my dad used to lift when he was younger. Now I have his old equipment.

Tomorrow is chest day/supersets week, I am doing:

Bench press, 10 sets, 15 reps
Dumbbell press, 5 sets, 12 reps
Dumbbell flies, 5 sets, 15 reps

And I will throw some shoulder work in.

Only God knows.

Went and walked uphill on a treadmill, **** worked my legs but I am going on a diet (physically and financially).

Want to start stretching more too. I am going to stretch my legs and body.

Thinking of going to the park to run and walk before the school opens, I dont think we are allowed to use the park during school hours so it's either 6am or 6pm

https://twitter.com/shhon_
April 25th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

MB's most positive contribution to my life is that when lack of exercise was driving me up the wall during covid, adidass recommended I get a set of adjustable dumbbells off Amazon. Was a real lifeline during delta or whatever fucking wave we were going through

Don't think he posts there anymore, does he?

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

@jadis are you building a muscular physique now?

Been three years pretty much non stop for me, I may post progress pics in the secret forum at some point.

Only God knows.

Never really had any gym goals except enjoying myself and being in a good shape. I hated jogging and wasn't a huge fan of hockey and the other sports you can do yearlong in Canada so the gym was the natural choice. I persisted with it through the years cause I just liked it, the high you get after a good training, the good kind of tiredness you get the followign day etc.

Walking is another thing I love. But not jogging.

The one adverse effect of only doing lifting is that when I tried playing football (soccer) in the park after a long break I realized how slow I've become. Like I forgot how to do sharp and sudden movements. But then who cares. Never was especially good at it in the first place.

Jogging fucks my shins up. But I've never had an issue sprinting round a football pitch. I haven't done that for a long time though so could be different now. Agree on walking, scenic hiking is enjoyable. Running is shit.

Scenic cycling would be my preferred cardio.

Only God knows.

Yeah that's the other thing about jogging: according to the most knowledgeable trainer I've ever spoken with, it's really bad for your body. Does your knees in, slows down the metabolism etc. I just hate it cause it's tedious.

Re biking, my mom loves telling this story about how she and her big city friends tried to go biking outside Moscow. There was one bit of the road where it was a pretty steep rise and all the hideous Soviet trucks struggling uphill were releasing huge amounts of black fume into the air. At some point she and her girlfriends had to stop by the wayside to vomit and that was that for the bicycle tour.

@jadis

Did 15 sets of this today:

15kg weight each dumbbell.

You could try this. If you let us know how you got on.

Only God knows.