Quote from: Jwb on Mar 03, 2023, 08:10 PM
Quote from: Dreams on Mar 03, 2023, 10:03 AM
Quote from: Jwb on Mar 03, 2023, 06:01 AM
Quote from: Dreams on Feb 12, 2023, 02:37 PM
QuoteYou can't totally abolish prisons

that's what they said about slavery and american prisons are slavery 2.0

there are many other options

plus any serious attempt to abolish capitalism would have to start with tearing down prison walls where all the real revolutionaries are housed
what's the other options?

first legalize every crime that doesn't have a victim - drugs prostitution

only retribution for property crimes and only for personal property not for private property

for violent crimes against a weaker victim immediately death penalty- rape mugging old ladies property and wealth hoarding exploiting laborers

technology could monitor dangerous people - AI and advanced ankle bracelets equipped with the ability to inject the person a sedative or poison if they misbehave

every idea has drawbacks but the ultimate goal should be to reduce the total collective amount of human suffering- prisons are an industry of endless intense human suffering- killing people immediately stops the suffering instantaneously - really there's nothing inhumane about it - hell don't even bother reading the sentence just walk over and shoot them in the head - only takes a second - the person would never have a chance to care

the surveillance idea is also unpalatable but it would be far more humane than the bullying rape and torture commonplace when you house the least desirable together
so you would rather be shot in the head than spend a night in jail? I don't believe that.

i ain't said that but if the head shot was effective it wouldn't matter much to me now would it?

Quote from: Dreams on Mar 03, 2023, 08:49 PM
Quote from: Jwb on Mar 03, 2023, 08:07 PM"You can't rob the bank but the bank ban rob you,  maaaaaaannn."

Pinch yourself for that one you fuckin trying-to-be-poignant cornball :laughing:

dude thems facts
if by facts you mean a clichéd deflection, then sure. I wasn't trying to evoke any sympathy for the bank. I'm talking incentive.  If you remove any penalty for crime you remove a lot of the incentive for people to behave themselves.  It's a sad fact that people cannot and haven't been able to really live peaceful lives without men with guns telling them what to do,  but that's how things have been since the first agricultural surplus that prompted a raiding party of savages to take up their swords and come take your shit.

I'm not defending our justice system specifically but I'll say it seems vastly superior to any version of "abolish prisons" or "abolish the police" that I've heard so far.

QuoteIt's a sad fact that people cannot and haven't been able to really live peaceful lives with men with guns telling them what to do,

ftfy

seven cops murder a handcuffed man in a hospital

seven

in a hospital

cops are psychopaths

face reality people

normal people do not become cops

Just when I was starting to think American cops might've reached the depths of depravity and couldn't get any lower.

would i get pushback if i said the klan were a bunch of psychos

at some point we need to come to jesus with this premise

acknowledging the problem is the first step

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/17/us/irvo-otieno-death-what-we-know

QuoteYou see in the video he is restrained with handcuffs, he has leg irons on, and you see in the majority of the video that he seems to be in between lifelessness and unconsciousness, but yet you see him being restrained so brutally with a knee on his neck

handcuffed leg irons

7 on 1

knee on the neck

in a hospital

can anybody tell me a workable nonviolent solution

this has been the norm for so long how can this be fixed

all of this stuff it seems to me is part of huge web of problems

A cop stuck his gun in Michael Corey Jenkins mouth after was already handcuffed and pulled the trigger.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/12/us/jayland-walker-shooting-grand-jury

QuoteWalker had 46 wounds, medical examiner found

Walker suffered 46 gunshot entrance or graze wounds, according to an autopsy by Summit County Medical Examiner Dr. Lisa Kohler, who found the cause of death was multiple gunshot wounds.

Though police accused Walker of firing a gunshot out his vehicle's window, a gunshot residue test was not performed as part of the autopsy

we need real gun control- disarm the police

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/13/us/jackson-county-indiana-jail-death-schizophrenia-solitary-confinement/index.html

A man with schizophrenia died after being kept naked and malnourished in solitary confinement at an Indiana jail for nearly 3 weeks, lawsuit says

https://twitter.com/Imposter_Edits/status/1647041161217843200?s=20

we need to make an example of the farmington police department

the entire department and their families should be publicly executed

then maybe the next pig would keep his gun holstered

QuoteA grand jury in Ohio has decided not to charge eight Akron police officers in the death of Jayland Walker, a 25-year-old Black man who was shot dozens of times by the police after an attempted traffic stop and a chase last summer during which he shot at the police, the state's attorney general said on Monday.

Mr. Walker was killed on June 27, 2022, after the Akron police tried to stop his car. When Mr. Walker did not pull over, video released by the police showed, officers chased him, first in vehicles and then on foot. Officers said that they thought Mr. Walker had fired a weapon from his car and that they feared he would fire again, prompting them to shoot him.

Attorney General Dave Yost of Ohio said on Monday that Mr. Walker had fired at least one shot at the police from his car. But Mr. Walker was unarmed when the police pursued him on foot and fatally shot him.

Eight Akron police officers fired a total of 94 shots at Mr. Walker, and he sustained 46 gunshot wounds, the attorney general's office said. Mr. Yost said that the police did not know that Mr. Walker had left his gun in his car. It was found in his 2005 Buick Century after the shooting.

unarmed man shot 46 times

no charges

psycho pig who murdered Breonna Taylor is back on the job in a new gang of domestic terrorists