Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Apr 01, 2023, 09:05 PMMorbius (2022)

We did it for the meme.

This was really bad, and not even bad in a ridiculous way that's fun to make fun of. It's just a giant nothingburger of a film. I love good movies, I love intensely, comically bad movies. But what I can't get down with is boring movies, and this was one.

It was so bad, even the "it's morbin' time" jokes we were cracking stopped being funny after like 15 minutes and we spent the rest of the film completely checked out. Would not recommend the experience.

-0/10. Yes, that's a negative zero. It was the only way I could describe how hollow this film made me feel.

i'll take your word for it

It looks like a stinker. I've avoided it so far and the Venom movies as well. Eternals too. When Superhero movies stink, they just get so boring.

Although I thought the last movie of the Toby Maguire Spiderman trilogy was fun.. where we got emo Toby 🙈

Happiness is a warm manatee

We did it for the meme.

This was really bad, and not even bad in a ridiculous way that's fun to make fun of. It's just a giant nothingburger of a film. I love good movies, I love intensely, comically bad movies. But what I can't get down with is boring movies, and this was one.

It was so bad, even the "it's morbin' time" jokes we were cracking stopped being funny after like 15 minutes and we spent the rest of the film completely checked out. Would not recommend the experience.

-0/10. Yes, that's a negative zero. It was the only way I could describe how hollow this film made me feel.

That movie is so bad that, when I watched it on a plane and missed the last 15 minutes because we started our descent, I didn't care. 

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 01, 2023, 09:31 PM

We did it for the meme.

That movie is so bad that, when I watched it on a plane and missed the last 15 minutes because we started our descent, I didn't care. 

i thought you were going to say "it was so bad i was praying the plane would crash"

We saw The Ghost and Mrs. Muir from 1947.

I was creeping around the top 10 movies thread and noticed this mention by @ribbons and it caught my eye because I'd never heard of it and I love me an old timey ghost movie.

This one is pretty good. The start of the movie is about a woman with her daughter and her servant moving to a haunted cottage by the sea. That sounds like a horror, but without revealing too much about the plot, it's not horror or very spooky and lands more in the realm of drama. It was well made and had some good and fun performances.

I'd rate it a solid :3.5stars:

Garden State.

It was cute.

Rare that I enjoy a romantic comedy.

watched Elvis with Sean Penn and Tom Hanks

it's good

watered down but still good

i liked it better than Blonde

Quote from: Toy Revolver on Apr 04, 2023, 07:03 PMwatched Elvis with Sean Penn and Tom Hanks

it's good

watered down but still good

i liked it better than Blonde

So what was it like hanging with Sean Penn and Tom Hanks? :D

The Word has spoken :D

She-Wolves of the Ring (1965)

Various female wrestlers compete for a million dollar prize in Mexico while nefarious acts and vendettas play out in the ring and behind the scenes. Big bucks, big busts, big hairdos, and campy humor.

:3stars:

#249 Apr 11, 2023, 01:07 AM Last Edit: Apr 11, 2023, 01:11 AM by Guybrush
Last movie I saw was this one:

It's an extremely 90s vampire movie that sometimes feels a bit like a Vampire: The Masquerade LARP.

The trailer is pretty good.

It's clear that the people who made this think Vampires are fucking cool. The script is a little juvenile and asks for certain things that the budget or scope of production can't deliver, but the dialogue is often quite entertaining and quotable. The movie has a bit of a goth vibe and has a goth soundtrack. Bela Lugosi is dead. The other three themes I guess are sex, gun violence and the Illuminati. And drinking blood.

The best thing about it is Eileen Daly who plays the protagonist. She seems to have been some C movie / goth darling from the 90s (?) with what's probably a small but devout group of followers. She really gets into the role, spewing cheesy and cool lines with gusto. I got a little curious, so I checked out her channel on YouTube. Today she makes very DIY music videos with a bf and friends so there's a fun extra rabbit hole.

Anyways, if anyone's interested in a gothy bad, but kinda fun B (or C?) Vampire movie from the late 90s, look no further.

:2.5stars:

The Lorax (2012)

This movie is gloriously stupid and I love it so much. I watched it for the first time about six years ago when it became a big meme on YouTube, but this was Mr. Waffles's first time watching it. Extremely high quality cringe, though my dearest fiancé pointed out that this movie is a musical film that also has Taylor Swift in a starring role, but she doesn't get to sing in it. It is kinda weird, like you have Taylor right there, heck even Betty White gets to sing for a bit! But anyway, this movie sucked, but it was a hoot to watch together.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Apr 17, 2023, 11:22 PMThe Lorax (2012)

This movie is gloriously stupid and I love it so much. I watched it for the first time about six years ago when it became a big meme on YouTube, but this was Mr. Waffles's first time watching it. Extremely high quality cringe, though my dearest fiancé pointed out that this movie is a musical film that also has Taylor Swift in a starring role, but she doesn't get to sing in it. It is kinda weird, like you have Taylor right there, heck even Betty White gets to sing for a bit! But anyway, this movie sucked, but it was a hoot to watch together.

Have you seen the original?

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 18, 2023, 12:49 AMHave you seen the original?

Yes, but it was definitely over 25 years ago. I am more familiar with the original book. The new one really bungles the message and bogs it down with a ton of unnecessary silliness; the beauty in the book was in its simple clarity.

The new one is best enjoyed as an entertaining trainwreck. Making the Once-Ler into an emo twink voiced by Ed Helms was a stroke of bizarro-genius.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Wow, I might have to add that to the list. Who doesn't like an entertaining trainwreck? 🙂