Quote from: steezy405 on Apr 13, 2024, 04:55 PMI agree Atlanta can get messy but overall it's a pretty good show. I can see your vision with Daria like I hated Brittany's voice it pissed me off because it was way to high pitched also Quinn was kind of bitchy.

Surprisingly I loved Quinn and her friend more as an adult rewatching Daria than I did when I was younger. Yes Brittany's voice can be grating but she's part of the clique that I love more now and laugh at more.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Apr 13, 2024, 07:47 PMSurprisingly I loved Quinn and her friend more as an adult rewatching Daria than I did when I was younger. Yes Brittany's voice can be grating but she's part of the clique that I love more now and laugh at more.

I'll take your word for it, my favorite character would have to be Trent because of his passion with music  :)

"I am the son
And the heir
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar"

Great German darkly comic drama (hold on: German? Comic? They don't normally go together do they? Well they do here!) Helgoland 513 poses an interesting question: how far would a community go to fulfil Spock's mantra that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one? As an unnamed virus (surely based on Covid) rages across, presumably the world, though Germany is only shown, one island is untouched. But in order for this small community to continue to be able to support itself, the figures show that only 513 people can be there at any time (hence the title). Therefore, if the population increases, someone has to "sacrifice" themselves for the good of the island.

To its credit though, Helgoland 513 does not use this premise as a crutch, and there are a lot of subplots going on, leading you to question the motives of the leaders. It's got a lot of dark humour, too, and the idea that those in charge know more than they're telling the general populace. Highly entertaining, slightly scary and ends on a cliffhanger, with the hope of a second season in the air.

Subtitles? Clear and legible, thank the subtitling gods. 7 episodes in total, well worth a watch.