Quote from: Trollheart on Apr 27, 2023, 08:06 PMArsenal done now? I think Newcastle might be their waterloo, so to speak. Can't see City stumbling with any of the matches they have coming up. I think we're beyond the event horizon here, people. City demolished them and you could see the gulf in class between the two.

They were done after Southampton. Such a spectacular meltdown even for them. Must be a North London thing because Spurs are cowards as well.

Looks like Everton will go down now. Could be disastrous for them.

Next up for Villa is MU away. Win there and I will bow down in tears and kiss Unai Emery's feet.

Only God knows.

Ugh! Thanks for making me go to a bloody Man U fansite!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/driven-away-from-football-by-man-city-s-cheating-which-no-one-will-remember/ar-AA1asI0Q?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=acc83e11747d460f948d2a6d308a96f6&ei=10

QuoteLast year before the final game of the PL season I decided I was done with football.

I had just seen my team Liverpool come within two games of winning everything, and yet I knew that they probably wouldn't because one team was cheating.

I knew that at any stage of football the management and recruitment of Liverpool would have yielded four titles in five years, but this time it didn't because one team was cheating.

I haven't watched one game of Liverpool's season, the only football I watched was England v France at the World Cup because a friend begged me.

Even the sight of England getting hyped up only to lose didn't bring me any joy.

Can you imagine? An Irishman not even able to laugh at the English thinking it was coming home again?

But that's what City have done, they've destroyed the English game and my three decade plus obsession with it.

Last night a friend text me to say that the title decider was on, Arsenal v City.

I had known Arsenal were doing well but didn't know they were still in it (plus Lampard is back at Chelsea???)

It's criminal that a club who has backed a manager for four years, to rebuild and redefine a club that hasn't properly challenged in around twenty years won't end up as champions.

Because one team is cheating.

Do yourselves a favour, do what I did and leave the EPL to die, it's no longer a sport, it's WWE.

Both are completely devoid of real competition, living off a brand name built in the past whose only real use is to TV broadcasters because live events sell.

And all you have to look forward to is City v Newcastle until the end of time from here on out.

Only God knows.

Delighted to see Forest crushed (they are going DOWN) and Man U held to a draw. Priceless. Newcastle are on fire too. It's cutting your nose off to spite your face doing what that guy did. We all know miracles can happen - Leicester? Money doesn't buy everything and anyone can have an off day. You really need to get off your City Hate Bus and just enjoy the Prem. It's still as good as it ever was, for me anyway.

I do enjoy the league. But everyone who cares about football should care about what they're doing. It's literally cheating.

Let's say they get found guilty on all 100+ charges, what will your view of them be then, TH? It's honestly bizarre how you can have such hatred for a harmless and proud club like Forest yet give MC a pass for cheating.

Only God knows.

I know I'm talking to two Villa fans but I fucking hate James Milner. What a disgusting, violent player 

He was okay at City as the guy who does all the running and scurrying while Silva and TourĂ© weaved their magic but at LFC his role is literally just violence. All he's good for now is the type of tackle they call "a reducer" 

The best thing about him, by far, was the Boring James Milner twitter account (apparently still active! its heyday was ages ago)

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 30, 2023, 08:49 AMI do enjoy the league. But everyone who cares about football should care about what they're doing. It's literally cheating.

Let's say they get found guilty on all 100+ charges, what will your view of them be then, TH? It's honestly bizarre how you can have such hatred for a harmless and proud club like Forest yet give MC a pass for cheating.

I've explained about the connection Forest have for me, so I'm not going over that again. I enjoy watching City play, particularly as I remember when they were a joke and Man United looked down on them, now they have to see them win the titles they used to think were theirs by god-given right. I'll never hate MC as much as I hate MU. Not even as much as Palace who I fucking hate too. Not everyone will have the same opinion. I don't have an issue with City, you do. Just leave it at that. No point trying to convince me. Whatever else City do or have done, they provide incredible entertainment. Halland 50 goals in a season, hasn't been done since before the war!

Quote from: Trollheart on May 01, 2023, 01:20 AMI've explained about the connection Forest have for me, so I'm not going over that again. I enjoy watching City play, particularly as I remember when they were a joke and Man United looked down on them, now they have to see them win the titles they used to think were theirs by god-given right. I'll never hate MC as much as I hate MU. Not even as much as Palace who I fucking hate too. Not everyone will have the same opinion. I don't have an issue with City, you do. Just leave it at that. No point trying to convince me. Whatever else City do or have done, they provide incredible entertainment. Halland 50 goals in a season, hasn't been done since before the war!

It isn't either or with MU and MC. And you can admire Haaland as a player and be critical of MC. I said to @Toy Revolver about two years ago when he was in his first season at Dortmund that Haaland will go down as one of the all time greats.

I would say 90% of English fans have the same view as me when it comes to MC so it isn't just me. I do wonder if the reason you don't have an issue with them is just because you aren't aware of the extent of the cheating, especially considering how much Henry's handball annoyed you. So clearly you aren't OK with cheating in the sport.

Only God knows.

Fuck Manchester City, that is all.

Quote from: Qwerty Sanchez on May 01, 2023, 02:57 PMFuck Manchester City, that is all.

Villa played shit yesterday BTW. I think the team is just running out of steam. No shame in it, the squad is threadbare.

Leicester vs Everton tonight, gonna be a belter. I have nothing against Everton but it'd be funny if they lost just to hear the high pitched, phlegmy rage on Everton spaces tonight.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 01, 2023, 05:54 PMVilla played shit yesterday BTW. I think the team is just running out of steam. No shame in it, the squad is threadbare.

Leicester vs Everton tonight, gonna be a belter. I have nothing against Everton but it'd be funny if they lost just to hear the high pitched, phlegmy rage on Everton spaces tonight.

Leicester are fucked, looking at the remainder of their matches it's highly unlikely they survive unless they can win today.

They'll win tonight.

Only God knows.

Quote from: Qwerty Sanchez on May 01, 2023, 11:29 PMNarrator: They did not

:laughing:
:(

Two juicy clubs are going to go.

This is the most interesting relegation fight I've seen for a long time.

Only God knows.