QuoteThe injury along the path of the bullet from an AR-15 is vastly different from a low-velocity handgun injury. The bullet from an AR-15 passes through the body like a cigarette boat traveling at maximum speed through a tiny canal. The tissue next to the bullet is elastic—moving away from the bullet like waves of water displaced by the boat—and then returns and settles back. This process is called cavitation; it leaves the displaced tissue damaged or killed. The high-velocity bullet causes a swath of tissue damage that extends several inches from its path. It does not have to actually hit an artery to damage it and cause catastrophic bleeding. Exit wounds can be the size of an orange.

source : The Atlantic

#31 Mar 28, 2023, 10:19 PM Last Edit: Mar 28, 2023, 10:21 PM by Jwb
I'm saying that efficiency isn't necessarily tied directly to body count when you are shooting up innocent people who are ducked in the corner of a classroom begging not to be killed.   It didn't stop the VA tech shooter from racking up 30 plus bodies with a couple pistols.

There are specific shootings like Las Vegas where sure,  you needed a rifle for. But statistically i think the affect of an assault weapon ban will be negligible.  I'm not opposed to giving it a try and watching it fail if that makes you guys feel better.

i don't need a degree in gun shooting to know that deadlier weapons are more deadly

Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 28, 2023, 07:30 PM
QuoteThese politicians don't want you to have guns, but they sure as hell want their body guards and police forces to have them

oh and listen to them cry about Jan 6

"we felt unsafe"

so do the people who have to walk home at night two miles from the capitol building

That's the problem with any gun laws the Dems (or even Republicans) would pass.  A rogue cop could bust into anyone's place they want and nobody would be able to defend themselves. They'll still have their assault weapons. Our elected officials will disarm the populace long before they ever disarm the police or military.

I don't deny they're more deadly. But pistols are obviously enough to get the job done.

If they were to shoot it out with the cops then i think having an AR 15 would make a crucial difference.  But if you're shooting fish in a barrel sure the rounds might be deadlier but i don't think that is going to make nearly as critical of a difference.

Quote from: Nimbly9 on Mar 28, 2023, 10:37 PM
Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 28, 2023, 07:30 PM
QuoteThese politicians don't want you to have guns, but they sure as hell want their body guards and police forces to have them

oh and listen to them cry about Jan 6

"we felt unsafe"

so do the people who have to walk home at night two miles from the capitol building

That's the problem with any gun laws the Dems (or even Republicans) would pass.  A rogue cop could bust into anyone's place they want and nobody would be able to defend themselves. They'll still have their assault weapons. Our elected officials will disarm the populace long before they ever disarm the police or military.

what do you mean? If you have an assault weapon they'll still light your patriotic ass up lol

I really hate the American way of thinking about these guns as if they're protecting us from tyranny. It's such a gradiose and deluded view to me.

Quote from: Jwb on Mar 28, 2023, 10:41 PMI don't deny they're more deadly. But pistols are obviously enough to get the job done.

If they were to shoot it out with the cops then i think having an AR 15 would make a crucial difference.  But if you're shooting fish in a barrel sure the rounds might be deadlier but i don't think that is going to make nearly as critical of a difference.

watch that christchurch video

QuoteThat's the problem with any gun laws the Dems (or even Republicans) would pass.  A rogue cop could bust into anyone's place they want and nobody would be able to defend themselves. They'll still have their assault weapons. Our elected officials will disarm the populace long before they ever disarm the police or military.

i know most people think this is a ridiculous thing to worry about or that our weapons we have against home invasion don't deter psychopathic cops but i don't believe it - they're also cowards and poop their trousers if they find out their victim is armed

the second amendment is a fascism killer and a revolutionary cornerstone

Quotewhat do you mean? If you have an assault weapon they'll still light your patriotic ass up lol

those fascist cowards in ulvade sure didn't want any part of it

That's true lol it can buy you some time.

But it didn't save the folks at waco.

Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 28, 2023, 11:01 PM
Quote from: Jwb on Mar 28, 2023, 10:41 PMI don't deny they're more deadly. But pistols are obviously enough to get the job done.

QuoteThat's the problem with any gun laws the Dems (or even Republicans) would pass.  A rogue cop could bust into anyone's place they want and nobody would be able to defend themselves. They'll still have their assault weapons. Our elected officials will disarm the populace long before they ever disarm the police or military.

i know most people think this is a ridiculous thing to worry about or that our weapons we have against home invasion don't deter psychopathic cops but i don't believe it - they're also cowards and poop their trousers if they find out their victim is armed

they had well regulated militias in Germany prior to the Nazis taking power. Some of them were called the SA and the Friekorps. The idea of a well regulated militia saving us presumes that the guys with guns are going to be the good guys.  Very naive. Think about who is armed for the most part in this country for just a second,  my friend.

Quote from: Jwb on Mar 28, 2023, 11:13 PM
Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 28, 2023, 11:01 PM

they had well regulated militias in Germany prior to the Nazis taking power. Some of them were called the SA and the Friekorps. The idea of a well regulated militia saving us presumes that the guys with guns are going to be the good guys.  Very naive. Think about who is armed for the most part in this country for just a second,  my friend.

i think it's low income black people -

But think of the patriots who are actually training in the woods with their pals. What do you suppose they believe in?Lot of them are ex military and law enforcement. 

Can we please stop deluding ourselves that the 2nd amendment has kept us safe? Lol. The honest thing to say is "i like guns,  and i can deal with having a murder rate that seems comparable to a third world country if that's the price of freedom." That's not us keeping ourselves safe.  That's collectively saying fuck safety. Freedom!

So the chances of your AR-15/gun somehow miraculously helping you out in a beef with the police is miniscule compared to the chance that you're gonna get hurt by someone else's AR-15/gun. It might be your neighbours, a colleague, a guy whose car you bump into.

You're focusing on the wrong things. It looks bonkers from the outside.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 28, 2023, 11:01 PMi know most people think this is a ridiculous thing to worry about or that our weapons we have against home invasion don't deter psychopathic cops but i don't believe it - they're also cowards and poop their trousers if they find out their victim is armed

Wait, I thought earlier you were supporting banning all guns from everyone? Is that like "in an ideal world" sort of deal - where our government/police force wasn't armed?

Quote from: SGR on Mar 28, 2023, 11:33 PM
Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 28, 2023, 11:01 PMi know most people think this is a ridiculous thing to worry about or that our weapons we have against home invasion don't deter psychopathic cops but i don't believe it - they're also cowards and poop their trousers if they find out their victim is armed

Wait, I thought earlier you were supporting banning all guns from everyone? Is that like "in an ideal world" sort of deal - where our government/police force wasn't armed?

consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds

i simultaneously support contradictory ideas and i think people who don't are simpletons, frankly