Quote from: DJChameleon on Jul 29, 2023, 10:39 PMMust be nice where you live it fucking stinks here. Rain hitting asphalt in an urban area that has been roasting all day stinks.

OK that makes sense. Its very green here so that does help. After it rains here it smells lovely.

Only God knows.

I got a bench, but I haven't used it for lifting anything because I feel like I have some inflamed tendons problem in my left hand. I've had it for at least a couple of months, though I didn't mention it here. I don't know what caused it.

It only affects the index and middle finger, but it can be quite painful. The worst is changing the sheets on the bed and tucking the sheet down in the corner towards the walls 😄

Anyways. That's part why I haven't started the whole swole thing. I'll get some running and situps and shit done tomorrow, though.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Mindy on Jul 29, 2023, 10:52 PMwalked a lap, ran a lap, walked a lap, ran a lap for 2 miles in this wicked heat today at the park

why though?

I don't understand why people decide to exercise in the heat of the day. Go either super early in the morning when it hasn't started to heat up or after the sun goes down.

I don't get it when I see people jogging out in the middle of the day especially around 2 to 3pm like why? You wanna die of heat stroke because that's how you die of heat stroke.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: Mindy on Jul 31, 2023, 03:21 AM:laughing:

I did it mainly that day to get hot and appreciate the A/C when I got back. I was wanting to sweat a lot and most times when I decide to shower lately, Ill go run and walk outside in the heat and sweat before I come back and shower. But it wasn't that hot too. I do go in the mornings when it's been in the 70s/80s here for temps

oh okay so you are a bit reasonable then lol

but I shower just walking in the heat like when I get home because I feel sticky and funky. As soon as I get in from the heat I take another shower.

Quote from: Guybrush on Jul 31, 2023, 02:28 AMI got a bench, but I haven't used it for lifting anything because I feel like I have some inflamed tendons problem in my left hand. I've had it for at least a couple of months, though I didn't mention it here. I don't know what caused it.

It only affects the index and middle finger, but it can be quite painful. The worst is changing the sheets on the bed and tucking the sheet down in the corner towards the walls 😄

Anyways. That's part why I haven't started the whole swole thing. I'll get some running and situps and shit done tomorrow, though.

I'd suggest going doctor but if they're like they are here they'll just say to rest and take paracetamol or something.

I hope it clears up soon.

You'll be a beefy viking warrior before you know it!

Only God knows.

Workout update! We just ordered an under-desk elliptical pedal machine, which will be pretty handy for multitasking; I can substitute that for my morning walk and get in some leg work while actually having time to work on sewing projects, watch videos, and do paperwork and data stuff.

I'm excited; if there's one thing that gives me a dopamine hit, it's streamlining my workflow and schedule to be more efficient.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Jul 31, 2023, 02:02 PMWorkout update! We just ordered an under-desk elliptical pedal machine, which will be pretty handy for multitasking; I can substitute that for my morning walk and get in some leg work while actually having time to work on sewing projects, watch videos, and do paperwork and data stuff.

I'm excited; if there's one thing that gives me a dopamine hit, it's streamlining my workflow and schedule to be more efficient.

Oooo I bought one of those during the pandemic but tbh I didn't use it as much as I really wanted. I tended to use it maybe twice a week instead of daily but I still own it. It's just currently collecting dust.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Jul 31, 2023, 04:48 PMOooo I bought one of those during the pandemic but tbh I didn't use it as much as I really wanted. I tended to use it maybe twice a week instead of daily but I still own it. It's just currently collecting dust.

I get that, for sure. We got one with a display that shows how much you've used it, so that's actually gonna be really good to be able to prove to the mister that I'm not shirking my exercise, haha. If there's one thing he loves, it's keeping me on the ball and accountable. As it is I have to send him a selfie taken while I'm out on my walk, but this way feels like it's gonna be more tangible and easier to keep track of.

^ Maybe some of this information would fit more naturally in your personal thread? Just a suggestion

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Quote from: jadis on Jul 31, 2023, 05:59 PM^ Maybe some of this information would fit more naturally in your personal thread? Just a suggestion

It's workout related so I think it's fine here. It's not like my lifestyle is really a secret anymore anyway lol. I use that thread for the more in-depth stuff, but I don't want to have to shy away from posting about the reality of my day to day life in relevant threads just because that day to day life is different than some others'. If you don't want to read my experiences, you don't have to. But thank you for the suggestion.

I feel like there's a line between talking about or sharing something personal and using this forum as basically part of your kink* and something you get off on. Seems to me like you're enlisting us the readers to be part of your sex thing, basically.

*I have nothing against any kink as long as it's not hurting anyone; I'm interested in S&M and know it up close

Quote from: jadis on Jul 31, 2023, 06:45 PMI feel like there's a line between talking about or sharing something personal and using this forum as basically part of your kink* and something you get off on. Seems to me like you're enlisting us the readers to be part of your sex thing, basically.

*I have nothing against any kink as long as it's not hurting anyone; I'm interested in S&M and know it up close

I understand your point of view. My intention is not to try to involve you or the forum in my kink or ask that you engage with it. I've detailed this a bit in my thread, but I want to make it clear that I don't get off to my lifestyle, much less get off to people reading my posts about it. If I gave that impression I apologize and I will try to lay off some of the specifics going forward. But frankly even before I came out with the truth of my lifestyle I talked a lot about the stuff I did to pamper my partner and nobody bat much of an eyebrow.

I lead a pretty sheltered life (even before the BDSM thing) and I relate to topics through my own life experiences. I apologize once again if anyone is made uncomfortable by my posts. I'm still of the mind that you can ignore me if you don't want to hear about it, but like it or not it is the reality of my life right now.

I'll try my best to talk about the specifics less. I apologize once again if you felt unsafe or hurt by what I have posted.

Quote from: jadis on Jul 31, 2023, 05:59 PM^ Maybe some of this information would fit more naturally in your personal thread? Just a suggestion
It was in the nature flow of conversation and related to the topic at hand.

Idk man seem a little uptight about this.

Didn't know we had Thread police around these parts.

I just don't know where to draw the lines I guess. Everything in my home life is part of my dynamic. If I post anything about doing household tasks or cooking for Mr. Waffles that could be interpreted as part of the "sex thing". But I will try to be more mindful of the context.

^ it was not so much about this particular thread

QuoteI apologize once again if you felt unsafe or hurt by what I have posted

I don't know what this could mean but when I say that you shouldn't apologize to me I mean it very literally