Quote from: DJChameleon on May 06, 2024, 06:00 PMThere are a couple of movies that I have seen lately just didn't post yet.

Arcadia

A monster flick with Nicolas Cage where he is a single dad of two sons living in a world where people live far apart from each other and have a system to be inside before the sunsets because monsters come to each property to terrorize them. Great movie I stumbled upon. I wish they explained more lore behind what led the world to be this way but I enjoyed it.

:3stars:

Missed out an "n". Seems Arcadian was filmed in MY home town!

from Wiki:

Principal photography began in Dublin, Ireland, in November 2022.[3] In February 2023, it was announced that filming had wrapped and that the film was in post-production.[5]

Boy Kills World looks like a fun movie.

Smile was flawed, but quite fun. Cool that they're making a sequel.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Boy Kills World was like a roller coaster ride. It was so fun. I loved the camera work too.

I was this cool the whole time.

This is the latest movie I've seen one of my favorites.

"So let's not start a war - It's not enough"

Yes, Carrie is great 🙂 a bit underrated maybe as it doesn't get mentioned much.

For one dreadful moment there I thought they'd remade it.
Hands off the original, Hollywood! Stick to your superhero movies!

Rewatched The Royal Tenenbaums which I hadn't seen in like 19 years.

It's so good and a lot funnier than I remember it even, so I'm sure it's grown on me. I like Wes Anderson in his current form, but his earlier movies (especially Rushmore, Royal Tenenbaums and Life Aquatic) just blew my mind. They're so funny and quite dramatic in that subdued sense where certain characters struggle to maintain civility despite their inner pain and despair.

Anyways, love this. Funniest joke could be how Bill Murray's neurologist character Raleigh is always followed by his research subject, the cognitive deviant Dudley. When Raleigh is depressed, Dudley kindly asks if he'd like to experiment on him or run some tests to make him feel better 😄

Also people squatting when they talk and other silly things.

I don't care that much for Gene Hackman, but he's great in this. Most of the cast is, though Ben Stiller doesn't quite feel like a good fit.

It's a: :4.5stars:

Rewatching Rushmore next which was my favourite of the bunch for a while way back, so I'm thinking I'll enjoy that one even more. Looking forward to finding out.

Quote from: Trollheart on May 11, 2024, 08:11 PMFor one dreadful moment there I thought they'd remade it.

They did remake it in 2013.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Guybrush on May 12, 2024, 11:37 PMRewatched The Royal Tenenbaums which I hadn't seen in like 19 years.

It's so good and a lot funnier than I remember it even, so I'm sure it's grown on me. I like Wes Anderson in his current form, but his earlier movies (especially Rushmore, Royal Tenenbaums and Life Aquatic) just blew my mind. They're so funny and quite dramatic in that subdued sense where certain characters struggle to maintain civility despite their inner pain and despair.

Anyways, love this. Funniest joke could be how Bill Murray's neurologist character Raleigh is always followed by his research subject, the cognitive deviant Dudley. When Raleigh is depressed, Dudley kindly asks if he'd like to experiment on him or run some tests to make him feel better 😄

Also people squatting when they talk and other silly things.

I don't care that much for Gene Hackman, but he's great in this. Most of the cast is, though Ben Stiller doesn't quite feel like a good fit.

It's a: :4.5stars:

Rewatching Rushmore next which was my favourite of the bunch for a while way back, so I'm thinking I'll enjoy that one even more. Looking forward to finding out.

I love that movie. The epitaph on the gravestone at the end is simultaneously one of the funniest and most bittersweet things I've ever seen on film.

Rushmore is still brilliant! If you haven't seen it, it's initially a movie about 15 year old student Max Fischer (Jason Schwartzman) who falls for a teacher (Olivia Williams) at his school and then eventually competes with his friend, the very much older Herman Blume (Bill Murray) for her attention.

This one may have more laugh out loud moments than any other Wes Anderson movie, at least for myself. Jason Schwartzman's Max Fischer walks a fine line between being a douche and a creep and likeable nerd. His dynamic with the endearing and somewhat sad Herman is so great.

It's hard to say if I like it more than The Royal Tenenbaums. It does have a very satisfying wrap at the end, so maybe this gets a slight preference.

Watch it if you haven't seen it!

:4.5stars:

Quote from: Guybrush on May 14, 2024, 10:33 PMRushmore is still brilliant! If you haven't seen it, it's initially a movie about 15 year old student Max Fischer (Jason Schwartzman) who falls for a teacher (Olivia Williams) at his school and then eventually competes with his friend, the very much older Herman Blume (Bill Murray) for her attention.

This one may have more laugh out loud moments than any other Wes Anderson movie, at least for myself. Jason Schwartzman's Max Fischer walks a fine line between being a douche and a creep and likeable nerd. His dynamic with the endearing and somewhat sad Herman is so great.

It's hard to say if I like it more than The Royal Tenenbaums. It does have a very satisfying wrap at the end, so maybe this gets a slight preference.

Watch it if you haven't seen it!

:4.5stars:

Such a great movie!

MAX: I like your nurse's uniform guy.

PETER: These are OR scrubs.

MAX: Oh, are they?

Quote from: Janszoon on May 14, 2024, 10:51 PMSuch a great movie!

MAX: I like your nurse's uniform guy.

PETER: These are OR scrubs.

MAX: Oh, are they?

Haha 😄 then he still invites the doc to his play at the end (but tells him to wear a tie). That whole dinner scene is great ❤️