Recently finished Your Own Backyard.

Absolutely fantastic podcast, gripping, compelling and staggering.

If you're into true crime give it a go and thank me later.

Only God knows.

Has anyone ever thought about starting their own podcast?

What would it be about?

Would you have guests?

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Dec 19, 2023, 11:23 AMHas anyone ever thought about starting their own podcast?

What would it be about?

Would you have guests?

I thought I might see if my daughter would like to do a podcast with me at some point. The pitch is gonna be we both suggest something we like and we check those things out and comment on them.

So she might like something out of Pokémon and I'll comment on that and then she can comment on a Monty Python sketch or a Steely Dan song or something that I like.

It'd be for us sharing things, but also to let her try some production stuff and who knows.. it might turn out to be fun.

Happiness is a warm manatee

@jadis you seen this? Lol.

That intro from Adam is one of the funniest things I've ever seen him do.

The interview was trash. Finklestein is a charlatan. His views on Ukraine are so surface level he should really keep his mouth closed about it.  And the Nat Turners Rebellion defense of the Oct 7 attack, which I've seen him recently make the rounds with.  I don't agree with any of that.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Dec 19, 2023, 11:23 AMHas anyone ever thought about starting their own podcast?

What would it be about?

Would you have guests?

Yes! A resounding yes. I'd love to have a non-scripted show with one or more co-hosts that I have good chemistry with. I could do a podcast on many of my interests, music, trans stuff, alternative relationships, synthesizers, etc.

The mister expressed some interest in helping me out with doing content, but his stance currently is that he doesn't want to host. So that's that.

If anyone here would be down to start something, I'd love to discuss the prospects further.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

#65 Dec 20, 2023, 05:17 PM Last Edit: Dec 21, 2023, 07:16 PM by DJChameleon
Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Dec 20, 2023, 12:20 AMYes! A resounding yes. I'd love to have a non-scripted show with one or more co-hosts that I have good chemistry with. I could do a podcast on many of my interests, music, trans stuff, alternative relationships, synthesizers, etc.

The mister expressed some interest in helping me out with doing content, but his stance currently is that he doesn't want to host. So that's that.

If anyone here would be down to start something, I'd love to discuss the prospects further.

The mister can be a producer in the background helping you with topics and doing the soundwork.

So I have a friend I met at the gym that works the front desk and we want to do a podcast together. I do want to host but I'm also going to be the producer of the podcast as well. I have already come up with topics for our first 30 episodes. I will also be fielding inquires for sponsors. He will be the wildcard, he has great charisma and is super funny. I will be the more straight-laced personality that has to steer us back on topic lol. We are both kind of flagrant with our opinions but him a little bit more than me.  I also have guests scheduled for certain episodes already. He has this like catch phrase that he says all the time. He will say "Hear me out" then pause and then follow it up with "I got nothing". haha He wanted to name the podcast Hear Me Out but when I googled that name. There are like seven Hear Me Out podcasts already. My suggestion for the name of our podcast he doesn't like but when I googled it. It doesn't exist in any other form. So we will be the only one named that. It will be good for SEO. He doesn't get that.  I don't want to say the name of it until I actually set up our website and get the name set up on Spotify. I'm doing all the behind the scenes producer type work for the podcast and he's just a host. I'm co-host AND producer. I'm going to hire someone off of Fiverr to do thumbnails and to edit the podcast for YouTube. I'm not doing editing on my own that shit takes way too much time. I rather hire an expert. I'm also going to get a soundboard and mic set up soon. If not in January definitely in February. 

The podcast is going to be based on mental health issues and how technology affects men's mental health. Our topics will be all over the place but we will tie certain topics back into men's mental health.

What would it be about?

Would you have guests?

Literally nobody wants to hear me talk shit on a podcast but me and @Qwerty Sanchez considered doing a one off World Cup preview last year. Obviously we didn't do it. But it would have to be something I'm passionate and knowledgeable about. So it would be football.

Only God knows.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Dec 20, 2023, 05:17 PMThe mister can be a producer in the background helping you with topics and doing the soundwork.

So I have a friend I met at the gym that works the front desk and we want to do a podcast together. I do want to host but I'm also going to be the producer of the podcast as well. I have already come up with topics for our first 30 episodes. I will also be fielding inquires for sponsors. He will be the wildcard, he has great charisma and is super funny. I will be the more straight-laced personality that has to steer us back on topic lol. We are both kind of flagrant with our opinions but him a little bit more than me.  I also have guests scheduled for certain episodes already. He has this like catch phrase that he says all the time. He will say "Hear me out" then pause and then follow it up with "I got nothing". haha He wanted to name the podcast Hear Me Out but when I googled that name. There are like seven Hear Me Out podcasts already. My suggestion for the name of our podcast he doesn't like but when I googled it. It doesn't exist in any other form. So we will be the only one named that. It will be good for SEO. He doesn't get that.  I don't want to say the name of it until I actually set up our website and get the name set up on Spotify. I'm doing all the behind the scenes producer type work for the podcast and he's just a host. I'm co-host AND producer. I'm going to hire someone off of Fiverr to do thumbnails and to edit the podcast for YouTube. I'm not doing editing on my own that shit takes way too much time. I rather hire an expert. I'm also going to get a soundboard and mic set up soon. If not in January definitely in February. 

The podcast is going to be based on mental health issues and how technical affects men's mental health. Our topics will be all over the place but we will tie certain topics back into men's mental health.

Cool 🙂 Eager to hear this when / if it happens.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Dec 20, 2023, 05:19 PMLiterally nobody wants to hear me talk shit on a podcast but me and @Qwerty Sanchez considered doing a one off World Cup preview last year. Obviously we didn't do it. But it would have to be something I'm passionate and knowledgeable about. So it would be football.

I'd listen to you talk football.

For, like, 10 seconds.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Thank you.

Only God knows.

Quote from: Seven on Jul 28, 2023, 02:55 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/@YourFavoriteBandSucksPodcast

This podcast is underrated but don't take it too much seriously.

I fuckin love these guys! Great show!

Quote from: Guybrush on Dec 20, 2023, 11:45 PMCool 🙂 Eager to hear this when / if it happens.

I will give you the links and stuff once we get it set up.

I also meant to say mental health and technology. I typo'ed and said technical earlier.

Quote from: Jwb on Dec 20, 2023, 12:04 AM

@jadis you seen this? Lol.

That intro from Adam is one of the funniest things I've ever seen him do.

The interview was trash. Finklestein is a charlatan. His views on Ukraine are so surface level he should really keep his mouth closed about it.  And the Nat Turners Rebellion defense of the Oct 7 attack, which I've seen him recently make the rounds with.  I don't agree with any of that.

Nope but I'll try to watch the intro. I agree a thounsand percent about Norman. His one redeeming quality is that irl he's a really handsome motherfucker. Or at least was whenever I saw his talk a while ago in Canada. Also he can be pretty good at trash talk. Like an old timey mudslinging newspaper collumnist before things got PC. Very hyperbolic and crude and entertaining.

I can't bring myself to listen to any of my usual shows since Oct 7. Too fucking raw. Even the Israeli lady on the Tim Dillon show. I'll go back to all of it one day. I swear it's the first time in my life I that understand the concept of trigger warnings. Like, I obsessively consume jihadist propaganda on channels like this (and all the Hamas snuff on Telegram of course) but the idea that a comedian I like would crack a joke about it is unbearable to me. Completely new territory.

Want to reply to you in the other thread and I will. I was busy having a week-long friendship-ending fight on Whatsapp with an old friend over Israel so had no emotional bandwith to engage with it elsewhere (except on Instagram of course, where I've been also been super busy). Also trying to prepare for the academic year which is finally opening here, with plenty of the students still drafted. Been thinking about some of the points you raised and want to reply as honestly and coherently as I can. 

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

RFK Jr. On Flagrant