Ezra Klein did a couple really informative ones on teens and mental health recently

I didn't realize how much teen suicide has skyrocketed

Young people today are really fucking unhappy

also there's information about why traumatic experiences hit so hard and permanently betwen the ages of 11-16

when i think about what i went through during those years and then what i went on to do between 18-30

i'm a fucking survivor

nobody was going to knock the spirit out of me goddamnit

although i'll admit i don't think i would've made it if i was 16 today

i'd be dead

Quote from: Toy Revolver on Jun 02, 2023, 09:15 PMEzra Klein did a couple really informative ones on teens and mental health recently

I didn't realize how much teen suicide has skyrocketed

Young people today are really fucking unhappy

also there's information about why traumatic experiences hit so hard and permanently betwen the ages of 11-16

when i think about what i went through during those years and then what i went on to do between 18-30

i'm a fucking survivor

nobody was going to knock the spirit out of me goddamnit

although i'll admit i don't think i would've made it if i was 16 today

i'd be dead

You have mentioned your father a couple or few times here so I can sorta make some guesses. Did you ever write about your experiences on MB?

Happiness is a warm manatee

I've been listening to Last Podcast on the Left who has a series on The Manhattan Project. It's very good and gristly and covers a lot of stuff, like the heavy water sabotage operations in Norway, Iwo Jima and of course the bombs and survivor stories from Hiroshima and Nagasaki (some of the more grotesque and tragic stuff I've ever heard).

I'm planning on watching the Oppenheimer movie when it premieres next week, so that'll be interesting.

Happiness is a warm manatee

https://www.youtube.com/@YourFavoriteBandSucksPodcast

This podcast is underrated but don't take it too much seriously.

Quote from: jadis on Aug 29, 2023, 05:40 PMFuck that sounds absolutely fascinating and another one I have to just add to the queue and not let myself read right now cause I have things to do

The one thing from the Satanic panic era that has received some renewed attention in the aftermath of Epstein is the Franklin scandal. Don't have an opinion on it personally but kinda get the fascination.

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

I stumbled upon this podcast called Black People Love Paramore which is funny that the episode that I ended up watching was the host actually interviewing Hayley Williams so that's probably like the holy grail episode. I don't know how long the podcast has been running(just found out that it has 56 episodes prior to this one) but she hit like the dream come true to be able to interview especially since the podcast is named after her band.

I was this cool the whole time.

This guy is a fellow mason I follow online. He has so much knowledge that looks like he has started a podcast. This is his first episode of it, I don't really listen to podcasts but if you want something on the esoteric side of things, this would be a podcast for you.

https://twitter.com/shhon_

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

Good morning!

As I've had a lot more time alone in the house as of late, I've thought about starting to get more into podcasts. Does anyone here have any recommendations? I'd prefer to stay away from political or darker grittier content, or anything too deep, heavy or philosophical. I'm particularly looking for podcasts that are related to my interests and hobbies, if anyone knows any good podcasts that are about any of the following, do let me know!

Some interests I'm looking for at the moment:
Ambient music
Prog rock
Vintage fashion
Alternative sexuality and relationships
History of pop culture, especially internet culture
Writing, particularly writing nonfiction

Or anything else you think I might be into! Thanks in advance. <3

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Nov 02, 2023, 02:48 PMGood morning!

As I've had a lot more time alone in the house as of late, I've thought about starting to get more into podcasts. Does anyone here have any recommendations? I'd prefer to stay away from political or darker grittier content, or anything too deep, heavy or philosophical. I'm particularly looking for podcasts that are related to my interests and hobbies, if anyone knows any good podcasts that are about any of the following, do let me know!

Ambient music
Prog rock
Vintage fashion

How about comedy? Not sure if it would be up your street but I listen to 2 British comedy ones which I have loved.

It's not like stand up comedy, it's more comedy because of the hilariously relatable stories 😊

Quote from: FETCHER. on Nov 03, 2023, 09:07 PMHow about comedy? Not sure if it would be up your street but I listen to 2 British comedy ones which I have loved.

It's not like stand up comedy, it's more comedy because of the hilariously relatable stories 😊

That's definitely more my kind of comedy than standup. I do enjoy funny storytelling, so I'd definitely check them out, post 'em and I'll peep!

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Nov 04, 2023, 12:34 AMThat's definitely more my kind of comedy than standup. I do enjoy funny storytelling, so I'd definitely check them out, post 'em and I'll peep!

The first one I ever listened to is called Shagged Married Annoyed with Chris Ramsay and his wife. He's a comedian if you haven't heard of him but they do a lot of stories and questions from the public which are funny.

The second is A Lot On Your Plate, they talk about mental health, food, dating and general life. The 2 girls are really funny.

I have tons on a list to get through so if I come across any others I love, I'll let you know 😊

Quote from: FETCHER. on Nov 04, 2023, 04:22 AMThe first one I ever listened to is called Shagged Married Annoyed with Chris Ramsay and his wife. He's a comedian if you haven't heard of him but they do a lot of stories and questions from the public which are funny.

The second is A Lot On Your Plate, they talk about mental health, food, dating and general life. The 2 girls are really funny.

I have tons on a list to get through so if I come across any others I love, I'll let you know 😊

Thank you! I'll check them out, I do usually enjoy shows hosted by couples and the second one's subject matter sounds right up my alley.

Let me know if you like them 😊

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Nov 02, 2023, 02:48 PMGood morning!

Ambient music
Prog rock
Vintage fashion

I know this isn't a podcast rec but I saw writing and my ears perked up. Are you participating in NaNoWriMo?

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Nov 05, 2023, 11:10 AMI know this isn't a podcast rec but I saw writing and my ears perked up. Are you participating in NaNoWriMo?

I've tried in the past, but my writing ideas, especially when it comes to fiction, take a lot of time to stew usually. When crafting an original narrative I am very slow paced. I also write a good deal of erotic shorts, but I don't think I could ever do a whole novel like that.

I'm currently working on a novel, though. I believe we may have talked about it, the one about the future where the atmosphere is all toxic to breathe. Tentative title is "My Poison Arms".

But honestly these days I have a lot more fun writing nonfiction such as my relationship journal.