Aug 07, 2024, 09:13 PM Last Edit: Aug 10, 2024, 12:27 AM by Guybrush
[DISCLAIMER: This topic was created by a curator or admin who split it from its parent topic]

Personally I'm more of a Dig'Em-ist.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Lexi Darling on Aug 07, 2024, 09:13 PMPersonally I'm more of a Dig'Em-ist.

Waffle Crisp will always be my GOAT kids cereal.

Quote from: SGR on Aug 07, 2024, 10:10 PMWaffle Crisp will always be my GOAT kids cereal.

Man, I haven't had Waffle Crisp in something like 25 years and yet I 100% remember how it tasted. That makes a good case for it being a top tier cereal I suppose.

I like Frosted Wheaties. The last bowl with all the crumbs from the bottom is like the cereal equivalent of an orgasm after a long edging session.

Quote from: Lexi Darling on Aug 07, 2024, 11:17 PMMan, I haven't had Waffle Crisp in something like 25 years and yet I 100% remember how it tasted. That makes a good case for it being a top tier cereal I suppose.

There are many imitators, but Waffle Crisp is the OG. I am disgusted by the kids cereal aisles these days - they're putting frosting inside Cocoa Puffs! Did it not have enough sugar to begin with?  :laughing:

Quote from: Lucem Ferre on Aug 07, 2024, 11:34 PMI like Frosted Wheaties. The last bowl with all the crumbs from the bottom is like the cereal equivalent of an orgasm after a long edging session.

I love 'em too - they're like the 'adult cereal' I can have that has just enough sugar to remind me of my childhood favorites without any other adult ever batting an eye in judgement. Good stuff. The blueberry ones are a particular favorite. The unfrosted wheaties suck ass though.

Quote from: SGR on Aug 08, 2024, 12:11 AMThere are many imitators, but Waffle Crisp is the OG. I am disgusted by the kids cereal aisles these days - they're putting frosting inside Cocoa Puffs! Did it not have enough sugar to begin with?  :laughing:

I think it's disgraceful that they started putting those disgusting marshmallows in fruit loops.

Quote from: SGR on Aug 08, 2024, 12:11 AMThere are many imitators, but Waffle Crisp is the OG. I am disgusted by the kids cereal aisles these days - they're putting frosting inside Cocoa Puffs! Did it not have enough sugar to begin with?  :laughing:

oh my god all the different product combos are so awful these days.  capitalism for ya.  like who was asking for candy flavored cereal?  do ppl actually buy it?  and all the disgusting popcorn combos coming out rn i cant even...

"I own the mail" or whatever Elph said

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

I wouldn't stress yourself too much over those weird cereal inventions !

I've noticed the same thing happen with crisps (= potato chips to you guys). For decades there used to be only "ready salted" crisps, then, big innovation, a Cheese and Onion flavour was introduced. The choice stayed binary like that for about 5 years, then Salt ´n´Vinegar appeared, and a couple of years later, the flavour flood gates really opened up. These days it's :-

What I'm not seeing yet is Loaded Coco Puff flavoured crisps, so yey capitalism, there's still an opportunity for a newcomer to make their fortune.

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

Some of the newer Walkers flavours are great.

Lamb & Mint
Marmite
Worcester Sauce
Ham & Mustard
BBQ Rib
Cheddar Cheese

When I used to smoke weed all the time, I used to eat crisp butties non stop.

I don't buy crisps much as they are addictive. I love crisps.

Only God knows.

Quote from: Lisnaholic on Aug 08, 2024, 04:48 PMI wouldn't stress yourself too much over those weird cereal inventions !

I've noticed the same thing happen with crisps (= potato chips to you guys). For decades there used to be only "ready salted" crisps, then, big innovation, a Cheese and Onion flavour was introduced. The choice stayed binary like that for about 5 years, then Salt ´n´Vinegar appeared, and a couple of years later, the flavour flood gates really opened up. These days it's :-

What I'm not seeing yet is Loaded Coco Puff flavoured crisps, so yey capitalism, there's still an opportunity for a newcomer to make their fortune.

I don't think there's anything wrong with a whole bevy of flavors in chip offerings. It's a little bit of a different thing than the wacky cereals they're introducing now. With chips, it is at its base the same thing it's always been, but you have different flavors of that same thing to choose from. With cereals, they're likewise offering more variety, but changing it up in ways that make the cereal at its base different - e.g. putting frosting inside your cocoa puffs, or introducing marshmallows into pre-established cereal offerings that didn't have them before, or, as Tristan hinted at, literally creating cereal versions of popular candies. Like, who asked for this? This sounds absolutely VILE!

I'm not personally invested in this cereal hijinks as I don't eat it anymore and I don't yet have kids that do - and though I haven't bothered to do a statistical analysis to back up my hunch, my hunch is that kids cereals are getting more sugary and more addictive than they were in my childhood.

Also, I looked at your chip picture for about 30 seconds before I realized those chip bags weren't "Lay's Chips", but "Walkers" - this led me to do some digging and I found out that it's just a different branding in the UK than it is in the rest of the world as Walkers was an established chip brand that Brits were familiar with so Frito Lay kept the name when they bought the company out in 1989.  :laughing:

Thanks for the research, SGR, but it's a bit disappointing to learn that the good old Walkers brand is now just part of an international company.

I didn't expect you to be quite such a purist regarding those innovative cereals ! Let's hope for your sake the supermarkets will retain an old-timers' section for you   ;D 

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

The real abomination is when 7/11 introduced hotdog flavored sparkling water.

good grief a group of grumpy old adults whining over great cereal that's not even targeted towards you. Stick to your wheaties and honey bunches of oats and raisin bran for your fiber. old fogeys  :laughing:

The loaded cinnamon crunch is dope and delicious. The sour patch kids was kind of boring but it makes for awesome milk. The milk afterwards is great but the cereal isn't that great.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: Lucem Ferre on Aug 08, 2024, 08:05 PMThe real abomination is when 7/11 introduced hotdog flavored sparkling water.