Quote from: Lucem Ferre on Aug 08, 2024, 08:05 PMThe real abomination is when 7/11 introduced hotdog flavored sparkling water.

:vomit:

Throw your dog the invisible bone.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Aug 08, 2024, 08:11 PMgood grief a group of grumpy old adults whining over great cereal that's not even targeted towards you. Stick to your wheaties and honey bunches of oats and raisin bran for your fiber. old fogeys  :laughing:

The loaded cinnamon crunch is dope and delicious. The sour patch kids was kind of boring but it makes for awesome milk. The milk afterwards is great but the cereal isn't that great.

None of their posts came off as grumpy. Maybe you're just reading them as a grumpy old man. You grumpy old man.

Quote from: Key on Aug 08, 2024, 10:50 PMNone of their posts came off as grumpy. Maybe you're just reading them as a grumpy old man. You grumpy old man.

They do come off that way as adults complaining about sugary cereals targeted for kids. Idk how you don't see that. 🤷�♂️

I was this cool the whole time.

Okay so you initial post doesn't matter then. Post your fave cereal or gtfo.

You guys are acting like a couple of bozos.

What I don't understand is that my favourite cereals - Sugar Smacks (later changed to just Smacks in an attempt to, I suppose, cheat the sugar inspectors and attract the BDSM crowd!), Sugar Puffs (later called Honey Puffs for presumably the same reason) are effectively gone now. I don't know if they no longer make them or if they're just no longer available here, but in some ways I can understand that. Cereals are "supposed" to be healthy, and with things like sugar frosting on them they're probably not seen as such (though Frosties remain - they're grrrreat!) for some reason...  ???

That's all well and good, but then they go flooding the market with cereals based on chocolate! Now surely chocolate is worse than sugar (or at least contains sugar) so how do they square that? If you have Coco Pops and Nesquik and god only knows what all, chocolate this and chocolate that, what's the point of getting rid of the old favourites that just had sugar in them? I mean, ban all or ban none, I say. And do they care that the Hunny Monster is out of work now? How will he get another job at his age?

I'm stuck with cornflakes, Weetabix or Frosties. Or porridge (oatmeal). I don't know what it's like at the breakfast table these days with kids eating their chocolate-flavoured cereal, but they must be jumping all over the place.

As far as crisps go, Lisna's recollection is not mine. We never had ready salted when I was growing up in Ireland. They were three flavours - cheese and onion, salt and vinegar and smoky bacon. Now we have them all, but back when I were knee high to an office tower block that was what we had. And we were happier for it. So I'm told. They were certainly cheaper anyway.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Aug 09, 2024, 12:25 AMOkay so you initial post doesn't matter then. Post your fave cereal or gtfo.

I don't have a favorite. I love them all equally. I'm not a cerealist.

Frosted Flakes has a strawberry milkshake flavor and it turns your milk into strawberry milk so so good.

Also tried and true cinnamon toast crunch is good.

Quote from: Trollheart on Aug 09, 2024, 01:23 AMWhat I don't understand is that my favourite cereals - Sugar Smacks (later changed to just Smacks in an attempt to, I suppose, cheat the sugar inspectors and attract the BDSM crowd!)

If anything I think Sugar Smacks feels like a title more fitting of BDSM, that's one of the few contexts where I could see smacks being (metaphorically) described as 'sugary', lol.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

#25 Aug 09, 2024, 04:05 PM Last Edit: Aug 09, 2024, 04:17 PM by SGR
Top 5 Kids cereals:

1. Waffle Crisp
2. Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries
3. Fruity Pebbles
4. Cinnamon Toast Crunch
5. Rice Crispie Treats

Put any of these in front of me when I'm hungry and I'll turn into a cereal killer.

I don't know if I could make a tier list, it's been a long time since I had most kinds of sugary cereal and I'm pretty sure the recipes for at least some of them have changed for the worse since the 90s. That or my taste senses have changed since then. No, it's the cereals that are wrong.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

I used to take the little multipacks of cereal into primary school with me and munch them during the day.

Haven't eaten anything like this in over 20 years.

Only God knows.

The recipes have probably changed, but I ranked them mostly off memory and nostalgia.

Capn Crunch is too rough on the top of the inside of my mouth never liked them.

Top 5 from childhood.

Corn Pops
Golden Grahams
Apple Jack's
Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Honey Nut Cheerios.
Honorable mention French Toast Crunch was so glad they brought them back.

As an adult, I went through a heavy phase of Honey Bunches of Oats. Now I just eat Oatmeal with a banana like an old fogey.