Yeah, I made it. I effin love House music. I'm an addict. I love dancing, I love the vibes, I love the energy, I love the atmosphere. It's all about that House music. So this is a thread to discuss House music and share your latest findings, your old favorites, or house mixes that you like. Here's a recent find of mine from Matroda - warning: highly addictive:

House is hecka dope, though I tend to greatly prefer instrumental variants. Acid house and deep house are very much my shit though, especially the really early stuff from the 80s/early 90s.

This track is an eternal vibe, from 1986 but still hits.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Tune In...

Drop Out

"I own the mail" or whatever Elph said

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

New Liquid Lab house set from KREAM (aka, the best thing in contemporary house) is about to premiere!

So hyped!!  8)

Yeah, after hearing enough recent mixes, John Summit's latest single has grown on me

@SGR post something that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and makes me want to take my top off and balloon around like a madman in a very hot Ibiza nightclub.

Thanks.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jul 31, 2023, 09:59 PM@SGR post something that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and makes me want to take my top off and balloon around like a madman in a very hot Ibiza nightclub.

Thanks.

Hmmmm....how about:

or

or if you're looking for something a bit more bass heavy and darker:

Quote from: SGR on Jul 31, 2023, 10:30 PMHmmmm....how about:

Thank you.

I will report back.

:checkmark:

Only God knows.

First two are better. I can really see myself dancing like a bellend with those.

Second isn't bad but it doesn't hit me in the same way.

Danielle (Fred Again) is still the best tune I've heard from this style of music. Might be one of my favourite songs ever tbh.

Fred is so talented ffs.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Aug 02, 2023, 06:35 PMFirst two are better. I can really see myself dancing like a bellend with those.

Second isn't bad but it doesn't hit me in the same way.

Danielle (Fred Again) is still the best tune I've heard from this style of music. Might be one of my favourite songs ever tbh.

Fred is so talented ffs.

Fair! Sounds like you're more into smoother house with occasional piano inflections. If you haven't explored MK's discography (classic house musician), you might like his stuff. Here's one of his more recent singles with Sonny Fodera (another top notch DJ in his own right):

I actually was put onto the song by one of my all time favorite house sets, a b2b between Sonny Fodera and MK on a German subway train:

Not sure if you're into house sets/mixes, but if not, definitely check some out. I have probably a million recommendations, but that one is as good a starting point as any. It's, in my opinion, the best way to experience house music, especially live.

Another one of my favorites is this one - played by legendary and inimitable house DJ Frankie Knuckles as the opening track to one of his Boiler Room sets (RIP):

Bonus:

This Covid classic remix of Patrice Rushen's "Haven't You Heard?" by Alan Fitzpatrick:

I will check the riddims and report back  8)

Only God knows.

This whole Making Magick album slaps.

I was this cool the whole time.

I stumbled upon this megamix of classics and I'm going to run it back and have a house music party in my living tonight with just myself, my partner and my cats. Hopefully, I feel much better than I do currently.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Aug 05, 2023, 02:34 PM

I stumbled upon this megamix of classics and I'm going to run it back and have a house music party in my living tonight with just myself, my partner and my cats. Hopefully, I feel much better than I do currently.

I stumbled on that guy's old school mixes a couple years back. He's got a bunch of them too! He definitely broadened my horizons into more of the older house classics. Great stuff! To this day, you'll still hear "Finally" playing in grocery stores, and I'm here for it.

Sonny Fodera has a lot of great tracks, but this relatively older one is still his greatest work in my opinion. The vibes are just perfect.

And yet it's not his best track for closing a set - that would be this gem.

All props to Sonny Fodera, but damn, his recent stuff doesn't hit nearly as good as his old stuff.