Those are cool, loved the first one especially. Love that crunchy bouncy bass.

This dude is a synth demo Youtuber, I'm not even sure his stuff is on streaming, but he has a knack for house and he does it all with hardware synths.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Sonny Fodera and MK collabed again recently for another great one!

I guess I missed this one when it dropped a year ago. This is a great tune.

Round One, one of the many aliases of Mark Ernestus and Moritz von Oswald a.k.a. Basic Channel

Northern Exposure by Sasha and John Digweed is one of the best DJ mixes ever. Fantastic groove from start to finish, with gems like this along the way.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Aug 05, 2023, 02:13 PM

This whole Making Magick album slaps.

I've had this album in my queue for a long time now. Finally getting around to listening to it today, and you're right, it does slap. Wow, it feels like a sunny, breezy fever dream. The thing that's put me off of it for so long is the run time, but it actually works pretty well as background music while I work.

@jimmy jazz

So not sure if you're aware of this Jimmy, but Romy's debut solo album (Mid Air) dropped recently, and Fred Again was a big contributor to the production of the album. I'm guessing you heard the lead single since Fred played it in his Boiler Room set:

Here's the opening track from the album, also produced Fred (yeah, I think you're right, this has convinced me that he'd make something great with Dua):

If you didn't already know, Romy is a member The XX. In retrospect, I'm guessing Jamie XX's production style was an influence on Fred. If you've never checked out their stuff, I'd highly recommend it:

Yes my G I know the song. I'll check this out. Big Fred is a great producer.

Thanks for tagging me.

Only God knows.

Cannot believe this track is already 3 years old. Still slaps. That bassline, damn.

I still wanna get plastered in a club and drunkenly sing: "FIND MY, FIND MY, FIND MY WAY!"

I was this cool the whole time.

@jimmy jazz

One of my favorite KREAM remixes

Quote from: SGR on Oct 03, 2023, 04:02 PMand Fred Again was a big contributor to the production of the album. I'm guessing you heard the lead single since Fred played it in his Boiler Room set:

I just recently discovered Fred Again. He's fantastic, but not a very good DJ. I've watched that Boiler room a bunch and I love it, but he screws up twice himself and one of the audience members touched his equipment twice and screwed him up. I watched another set he did with Skrillex and Four Tet in Times Square and he was screwing up left and right there too.

He just get's so excited (which is absolutely adorable) that he bounces around and touches things he doesn't mean to. I love all his production work though. Super talented guy.

"She paints, she reads, she lights things on fire."

The Boiler Room set was fine imo, it was that overexcited fan who messed up.

I don't know that much about DJing anyway. His tune selection is on point though imo.

But yes his production is top notch. Honestly made me love dance music again.

I wish he would put another album out soon. We are due one. Also want him to stop wasting tunes on shit MCs and just make his euphoric summer bangers. He hasn't made a genuinely good album yet but I think he has the potential to. Then again dance music isn't really an album genre.

Anyway, Fred 8)

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jan 05, 2024, 10:14 PMThe Boiler Room set was fine imo, it was that overexcited fan who messed up.

I don't know that much about DJing anyway. His tune selection is on point though imo.

But yes his production is top notch. Honestly made me love dance music again.

I wish he would put another album out soon. We are due one. Also want him to stop wasting tunes on shit MCs and just make his euphoric summer bangers. He hasn't made a genuinely good album yet but I think he has the potential to. Then again dance music isn't really an album genre.

Anyway, Fred 8)

I am a bedroom DJ (on a Pioneer DDJ400), and have DJ'ed a lot. Have created my own house mixes. And have played for friends/family. I can say that no one other than other DJs really care about your 'technical ability' or how seamlessly and in key one track mixes into the next or how well you use effects - the regular folks care primarily about your energy and track selection and Fred does all that extremely well.

Quote from: SGR on Jan 05, 2024, 11:54 PMI am a bedroom DJ (on a Pioneer DDJ400), and have DJ'ed a lot. Have created my own house mixes. And have played for friends/family. I can say that no one other than other DJs really care about your 'technical ability' or how seamlessly and in key one track mixes into the next or how well you use effects - the regular folks care primarily about your energy and track selection and Fred does all that extremely well.

I'm getting a bedroom set up soon too.

I'm getting Hercules DJ Learning Kit w/ Inpulse 200 DJ Controller

I was this cool the whole time.

Stupid question but can you DJ, @deej

Only God knows.