I am also a fan of ants and also have sampled a fair variety of we're being honest.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Aug 16, 2023, 07:53 PMJust normal garden ants? Not sure about this mate. I know they're high in protein, think I'll stick to tins of tuna 😲

Yeah - or actually any ant, but the small black ones are the most popular, I guess. We have them in our garden where they farm aphids on our apple trees, the little bastards.

The species we got is Lasius niger, but they're called sugar ants (sukkermaur). Unfortunately not because they taste sweet, but because they're attracted to sugary things.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Really wasn't aware you could do that. I know there are some species that taste tangy and people snack on them but just eating ants you find in your garden... Maybe I am sheltered.

The French eat snails but we can't do that here cos the snails might have eaten toxic shit. You need to feed them carrots for a week or something to get it all out. Saying that I still wouldn't eat a snail, toxic or otherwise.

The ants are gone now anyway so no snacks for me  8) 

Only God knows.

To be clear the times I have eaten ants were accidental

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Aug 16, 2023, 08:28 PMReally wasn't aware you could do that. I know there are some species that taste tangy and people snack on them but just eating ants you find in your garden... Maybe I am sheltered.

The French eat snails but we can't do that here cos the snails might have eaten toxic shit. You need to feed them carrots for a week or something to get it all out. Saying that I still wouldn't eat a snail, toxic or otherwise.

The ants are gone now anyway so no snacks for me  8) 

:laughing:

I love a nice escargot, but definitely wouldn't eat any land snails or slugs that crawl around my garden.

It might be fun (if cruel) to brine them and see how many parasites come crawling out of them.

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on Aug 17, 2023, 12:03 AMTo be clear the times I have eaten ants were accidental

I did read you can pop them in the oven for a quick bake and sprinkle them on your salad.

Bonnets are growing fruit now.

🔥

Only God knows.

I went to summer camp back in I believe 1998, and I remember this time when I sat directly next to some kid and watched him eat a caterpillar for 20 bucks. Just sucked the thing right down. I remember I couldn't stop thinking about that for the rest of my time at that camp.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Aug 19, 2023, 09:08 PMI went to summer camp back in I believe 1998, and I remember this time when I sat directly next to some kid and watched him eat a caterpillar for 20 bucks. Just sucked the thing right down. I remember I couldn't stop thinking about that for the rest of my time at that camp.

Haha, I also know a handful of people who probably would've done that for some reason in 1998.

Spotted in the garden this morning when I went to check the plants.

Wood pigeon egg fallen from the tree where they are nesting.

This one was dead sadly. The thought of nursing it to health was exciting but it wasn't to be.

RIP 💐

Only God knows.

Does anyone feel brave enough to show pics of their gardens or indoor floral set up?

This weekend I will take some pics of mines then show them.

I was this cool the whole time.

I can show pics of my outdoor floral setup?  8)

Its not great 😂

Only God knows.

Do it!

I was this cool the whole time.

I'll see if I can fet some weekend pics as well, @DJChameleon 🙂