Yeah it doesn't have drain holes at the bottom. I would have to drill some holes for that. Thanks for the tips both of you.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Nov 19, 2023, 08:58 PMYeah it doesn't have drain holes at the bottom. I would have to drill some holes for that. Thanks for the tips both of you.

You can make pots with no drainage holes workable by layering rocks beneath the soil and creating your own drainage area - but you still should always let the soil completely dry before watering again. It's easier for a plant to bounce back from not getting enough water than it is too much water - the roots themselves will rot.

Bruh you need to throw that shit away and try again.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Nov 19, 2023, 08:58 PMYeah it doesn't have drain holes at the bottom. I would have to drill some holes for that. Thanks for the tips both of you.

Also! Running fans can help with drying the top soil to prevent mold. Additionally, in the winter when my home is high humidity I keep a spray bottle with a 1:3 ratio of isopropyl alcohol and water to spray the top layer of soil every couple weeks, also in the interest of mold/fungus prevention. Most plants can tolerate the alcohol in general but try to avoid spraying the leaves.

I also experiment with moss - but this is still very much trial and error. Some of my larger plants do well with a moist moss layer on top (watered with a spray bottle), and will absorb the moisture into the soil on its own time. But I haven't gotten it down to a science yet.  I use peat moss. 

I'm getting my allotment back 😁😁😁 I gave it up throughout Covid lockdowns and have missed it so much. I got in touch and they added me to a waiting list again. but I expected to miss this years growing and possibly get one next year but they called me the other day 😁.

Any ideas on what I can grow? I'm going to buy things next week.

Onions and peppers are a must as well as pea pods but I fancy some new things too.

Potatoes
Some herbs
Turnips? (For your neeps and tatties)

If you can get a chicken to lay some eggs for you you can make a 100% organic tortilla de patatas.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 11, 2024, 04:51 PMPotatoes
Some herbs
Turnips? (For your neeps and tatties)

If you can get a chicken to lay some eggs for you you can make a 100% organic tortilla de patatas.

Good idea! I should have some potato sacks in my garden shed from last time that I hopefully haven't thrown out. 

I don't have chickens but one of my best friends does 😆

I'll suggest Jerusalem artichokes 🙂

They're easy (take care of themselves) and they taste delicious! Plus you can harvest them very late in the year, giving you something to do in November.

You get very farty from eating them, but hey.. what's a little warm wind from the south in the depths of a cold autumn or winter?

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Mar 11, 2024, 06:19 PMI'll suggest Jerusalem artichokes 🙂

They're easy (take care of themselves) and they taste delicious! Plus you can harvest them very late in the year, giving you something to do in November.

You get very farty from eating them, but hey.. what's a little warm wind from the south in the depths of a cold autumn or winter?

I have never heard of these. If they harvest in November they will be a good idea for some winter treats 😋

I bought a cactus/succulent hybrid that's blue. Will post a picture later on. I just hope that my cats stay away from it. I think cactus are okay but I've heard that nibbling on succulents is bad for cats.

Can anyone else confirm?

Quote from: DJChameleon on Apr 25, 2024, 05:36 PMI bought a cactus/succulent hybrid that's blue. Will post a picture later on. I just hope that my cats stay away from it. I think cactus are okay but I've heard that nibbling on succulents is bad for cats.

Can anyone else confirm?

I'm not sure deej. I usually google it if it comes with the little info card. Sometimes it tells you on the info card too. Do you have pics of it?

I have a money tree (3 trees plaited). One had very little green on it but since spring it had a shoot with a tiny bit of new leaf growth. Yesterday it was fine and I was happy at the new growth, today it went black at the base of the new growth and died? I freaked out a bit and pulled it out the pot and the bottom of the trunk was squishy and kind of hollow.

I freaked out again and I've sat it outside for the time being until I hear back from someone on reddit. They'll tell me if I need to burn it and my house to the ground or if we're safe 😅😂

just made a tiktok how im letting my two plants die, fuck them plants!
https://www.tiktok.com/@shhon_/video/7361574767725448490

https://twitter.com/shhon_
April 25th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

Quote from: FETCHER. on Apr 25, 2024, 07:29 PMI'm not sure deej. I usually google it if it comes with the little info card. Sometimes it tells you on the info card too. Do you have pics of it?

Yeah I googled it before buying but I was still a bit confused by the hybrid part of it. Cactus is safe but succulents aren't.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/vdrtyzdhracd4im7ocek5/20240425_134255.jpg?rlkey=m49odt3hiis5ih3i9xngsad7z&dl=0

That's it.