Update on my garden situation: we didn't end up transferring them in time and they pretty much died off and because we are so far into summer we just decided to buy plants that are already grown and transfer to our garden space. Next year we will starting from seedlings again.

I was this cool the whole time.

You're gnat laughing any more! 8)

I saw one get stuck then it ran and managed to escape. I thought wow this guy is the Schwarzenegger of fungus gnats.

Only God knows.

Okay, so this might sound gross.

Something I do these days is when I need to pee, I walk outside. I have a watering can with a spout that I pee into. Then I add about 9/10s of water to my pee and water whichever plant I think could use a little phosphorus and other nutrients.

For years, I peed in a can until it was full (took about a day) and then watered, but that inevitably led to a can of piss standing somewhere. One might forget the watering part and piss gets rancid quick. Doing this little ritual for every piss break takes care of that potential nuisance.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Jul 28, 2023, 05:41 PMOkay, so this might sound gross.

Something I do these days is when I need to pee, I walk outside. I have a watering can with a spout that I pee into. Then I add about 9/10s of water to my pee and water whichever plant I think could use a little phosphorus and other nutrients.

For years, I peed in a can until it was full (took about a day) and then watered, but that inevitably led to a can of piss standing somewhere. One might forget the watering part and piss gets rancid quick. Doing this little ritual for every piss break takes care of that potential nuisance.

I do that sometimes, when my outdoor plants are scheduled to be fertilized. Once in a while I'll pour it undiluted onto my compost pile.

I love my garden most years but this year I've been so lazy with it. I got a beautiful new Hosta plant and some wild flowers planted but that's about all I have bothered with.

Can we post about house plants in here too? That's been my main focus this year and it's my first year having any so I think that is why I have neglected the garden a bit. 

Post about what you want Fetch  8)

What house plants you growing?

Only God knows.

Time to start sharing pictures. My house plants are my absolute babies.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Aug 04, 2023, 12:06 AMPost about what you want Fetch  8)

What house plants you growing?

I have quite a few, I went from none to having 8 in the space of 2 months. They make me so happy 😂.

I have the cutest baby Boston Fern, 2 Cacti, a Kentia Palm, Prayer Plant, a Chinese Money Plant, Birds Nest Fern and a Money Tree. All pet friendly 😌.

I'll need to get some pics! Although one of my cats thinks they are salads so some look a bit scabby 🤦🏼�♀️

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on Aug 04, 2023, 12:10 AMTime to start sharing pictures. My house plants are my absolute babies.

What do you have growing Degrassi?

Quote from: FETCHER. on Aug 04, 2023, 10:44 AMWhat do you have growing Degrassi?

Grass 😂👍

Sorry.

I dunno what it is about house plants, they're just nice and make the windowsills look nice imo. I've put my bonnets outside now because the gnats were annoying me too much.

I'd like a nice flower or something to grow indoors. Or cacti but one that looks like ones from the desert.

A miniature one of this would be  8):

Only God knows.

I have a groot chia pet thing but it's not ch ch ch chia'ing like in the commercials. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

I was this cool the whole time.

https://streamable.com/c7mo6q

Ants in my plants. Needed an old pot and saw this.

@Jwb I think you are an ant fan.

@Guybrush maybe you too.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Aug 16, 2023, 03:20 PMhttps://streamable.com/c7mo6q

Ants in my plants. Needed an old pot and saw this.

@Jwb I think you are an ant fan.

@Guybrush maybe you too.

Oh, very nice! And lots of ant larvae too.

Have you tried eating them alive?

Quote from: Guybrush on Aug 16, 2023, 05:02 PMOh, very nice! And lots of ant larvae too.

Have you tried eating them alive?

No 😲

Would you?

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Aug 16, 2023, 07:11 PMNo 😲

Would you?

Of course! The last time I tried was a few years ago. A little sour, not unpleasant, but it was one ant and honestly should probably eat a few more in a bite to get a proper assessment.

My boy wolfs them down in kindergarten.

Quote from: Guybrush on Aug 16, 2023, 07:51 PMOf course! The last time I tried was a few years ago. A little sour, not unpleasant, but it was one ant and honestly should probably eat a few more in a bite to get a proper assessment.

My boy wolfs them down in kindergarten.

Just normal garden ants? Not sure about this mate. I know they're high in protein, think I'll stick to tins of tuna 😲

Only God knows.