Thanks @grindy 🙂

It would seem all those impossible requests about features on MB weren't all impossible after all.

Happiness is a warm manatee

I had two secrets forums visible to me earlier and they've now gone. One was an admin one and the other was some other admin or curator one.

Guessing I have been added and then removed from a user group.

I'm not taking it personally BTW. Just letting you know in case it was an accident.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Sep 01, 2023, 09:23 PMGuessing I have been added and then removed from a user group.

I'm not taking it personally BTW. Just letting you know in case it was an accident.

You guessed correctly 😄

You can read more about it here: https://scd.community/index.php?topic=3.15

Question, is it possible to get a multi quote function similar to the one that we had on MB. I just go through the post and quote each individually then quick edit my post to include responses to different posts.

It would be nice if there was a slightly easier way to do it.

I was this cool the whole time.

#184 Sep 02, 2023, 07:55 PM Last Edit: Sep 02, 2023, 08:02 PM by Guybrush
Quote from: DJChameleon on Sep 02, 2023, 07:42 PMQuestion, is it possible to get a multi quote function similar to the one that we had on MB. I just go through the post and quote each individually then quick edit my post to include responses to different posts.

It would be nice if there was a slightly easier way to do it.

It is possible. I looked into it earlier and there wasn't one then for this version of the forum software, but there was for earlier ones.

Possibly that's changed now, so I'll have a look again.

Edit:

Can't see a multi-quote mod for our forum version still. Someone will probably make or update a mod at some point as I assume it's a common request.

It may also be a baked-in feature with later forum updates.

Possibly, I or someone else could write it, but I don't think I have time for it. Maybe.

Quote from: Guybrush on Sep 02, 2023, 07:55 PMIt is possible. I looked into it earlier and there wasn't one then for this version of the forum software, but there was for earlier ones.

Possibly that's changed now, so I'll have a look again.

Edit:

Can't see a multi-quote mod for our forum version still. Someone will probably make or update a mod at some point as I assume it's a common request.

It may also be a baked-in feature with later forum updates.

Possibly, I or someone else could write it, but I don't think I have time for it. Maybe.

No problem. I was just curious.

I was this cool the whole time.

Thoughts on limiting thread notifications to just one?

I ask because I've just logged in to see 15 notifications. I thought 'ooh, this is juicy', but it was just 15 notifications for the news thread as there had been a debate in there. I think just one would be apt. I think a notification that the thread has been posted in since I last visited is fine, but I don't want a notification for each individual post.

Does anyone agree or am I on my own?

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Sep 09, 2023, 01:32 PMThoughts on limiting thread notifications to just one?

I ask because I've just logged in to see 15 notifications. I thought 'ooh, this is juicy', but it was just 15 notifications for the news thread as there had been a debate in there. I think just one would be apt. I think a notification that the thread has been posted in since I last visited is fine, but I don't want a notification for each individual post.

Does anyone agree or am I on my own?

Interesting, I don't get notifications for posts unless someone replied to me or liked my post. Maybe check your account settings? Cause it's never worked that way for me.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Cheers Mrs. Waffles just had a look and unticked one of the boxes so let's see if that solves it.

Only God knows.

If you click on "Recent Unread Posts" you can see who started the respective threads but not who wrote the last post. (At least not on mobile). Imo this would be a nice addition.

Quote from: grindy on Sep 28, 2023, 03:42 PMIf you click on "Recent Unread Posts" you can see who started the respective threads but not who wrote the last post. (At least not on mobile). Imo this would be a nice addition.

Yes, on PC this shows, but on phone screens, that gets cut out due to space constraints. I'll look into it, but it might be difficult to change.

Quote from: Guybrush on Sep 28, 2023, 04:01 PMYes, on PC this shows, but on phone screens, that gets cut out due to space constraints. I'll look into it, but it might be difficult to change.

Makes sense and I don't consider this to be a big issue. But if possible it would be kinda nice.

I noticed something today as I'm the only one on in the early morning here. There are 10 guests browsing, so I'm assuming those are bots. This may have gone on for a while, but I haven't noticed before now.

They could be indexing for search engines or whatever, I don't know.. but if the site gets slower, perhaps one should consider efforts to keep them out 🤔

I could've swore there was a shoutbox to shout into the void on here?  We NEED one!!!

"I own the mail" or whatever Elph said

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

Quote from: tristan_geoff on Jan 15, 2024, 01:15 PMI could've swore there was a shoutbox to shout into the void on here?  We NEED one!!!

I'm actually for this as well