I am having four chicken thighs and probs microwave some mixed veg for dinner.

I like when the chicken thighs are cooked very well so the skin is crispy and the meat falls off the bone.

I put some jerk rub on the chicken. When my scotch bonnets have been harvested I'll make jerk marinade again and can do it that way. Much better.

Only God knows.

Quote from: SGR on Aug 13, 2023, 03:21 AMI'm not a picky eater, but I despise scallops. It's a texture thing. :puke:

I recently got into scallops when I had to cook them myself through HelloFresh. They usually included it with a shrimp dish. So it was shrimp and scallops together. Love love love them.

How do you feel about shrimp?

I was this cool the whole time.

Over here, a scallop can mean one of two things.

This is the other one:

Its a deep fried potato slice. Usually the cheapest thing the chippy will sell. They're good.

Didn't even know there was something else known as a scallop for years.

Only God knows.

Interesting and super funny.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scallop

Well I mean I guess you know what it is now but it's definitely the name of an animal to be consumed.

From a while ago. Jerk chicken rice and peas. The scotch bonnets I grew myself.

Only God knows.

Looks very good, JJ 🙂

We had squid salad and seafood pasta (with squid and shrimps) yesterday.

We typically don't eat much squid, but I like it.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: DJChameleon on Aug 18, 2023, 10:44 PMI recently got into scallops when I had to cook them myself through HelloFresh. They usually included it with a shrimp dish. So it was shrimp and scallops together. Love love love them.

How do you feel about shrimp?

Love fried shrimp, cocktail shrimp, and shrimp dishes (e.g. shrimp primavera). Shrimp is awesome.

Quote from: SGR on Aug 21, 2023, 10:46 PMLove fried shrimp, cocktail shrimp, and shrimp dishes (e.g. shrimp primavera). Shrimp is awesome.

Scallops has a similar texture to shrimps imo but it could just be a preference thing for you.

Shrimp work well in so many things, very much a staple food in our household. This summer I've been really into grilled shrimp caesar salads, it's simple and quick, and very good for a low calorie yet filling option for my diet.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: DJChameleon on Aug 22, 2023, 01:18 AMScallops has a similar texture to shrimps imo but it could just be a preference thing for you.

Yknow, that's a good point. I'm going to cop to the possibility that I just haven't ever had good ones. I had it a few times as a kid, didn't like em, then a couple years ago, decided to try them again. I was fine eating them, but they definitely didn't win me over and wouldn't be something I ordered again if I had alternatives. For me, condiments are also a big factor, and maybe I just don't know what's best for my tastes in terms of dipping scallops. With fried shrimp, I love both cocktail sauce and tartar sauce, but with scallops, I'll use whatever they (the restaurant) serve with it.

I'm a condiment junkie. When I have breaded chicken - I dip that shit in seven different condiments on my plate, assuming I have them all at the ready (ranch, honey mustard, barbecue, Chic-Fil-A sauce, sweet and sour sauce, chipotle-mayo sauce, and tonkatsu sauce)

The other thing I've found with fried scallops is that they, somehow someway always get cold quicker than fried shrimp. And I hate cold fried food.

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Aug 22, 2023, 04:50 AMShrimp work well in so many things, very much a staple food in our household. This summer I've been really into grilled shrimp caesar salads, it's simple and quick, and very good for a low calorie yet filling option for my diet.

Shrimp Caesar salad? What an idea!

I love a good Caesar salad, so maybe that'd be fun to try 🤔

Happiness is a warm manatee

Had a really nice lamb curry yesterday, paid the price when I went to the toilet this morning. They had it in medium spicy, spicy and Indian style. Thanks god I went for spicy and not Indian style. That would've been gnarly. 

Anyone here a fan of south Indian, maybe @Nimbly9 ? As in all those plant pastes that contain maybe 20 different spices and taste like nothing we're used to (as opposed to the meat curries and other staples of what the Brits sold to the world as Indian cuisine). I like the experience of tasting something really new but I also need some fucking protein in my meal, not just bean pastes and bread and mango pickles, y'know?

Quote from: SGR on Aug 22, 2023, 05:04 AMYknow, that's a good point. I'm going to cop to the possibility that I just haven't ever had good ones. I had it a few times as a kid, didn't like em, then a couple years ago, decided to try them again. I was fine eating them, but they definitely didn't win me over and wouldn't be something I ordered again if I had alternatives. For me, condiments are also a big factor, and maybe I just don't know what's best for my tastes in terms of dipping scallops. With fried shrimp, I love both cocktail sauce and tartar sauce, but with scallops, I'll use whatever they (the restaurant) serve with it.

I'm a condiment junkie. When I have breaded chicken - I dip that shit in seven different condiments on my plate, assuming I have them all at the ready (ranch, honey mustard, barbecue, Chic-Fil-A sauce, sweet and sour sauce, chipotle-mayo sauce, and tonkatsu sauce)

The other thing I've found with fried scallops is that they, somehow someway always get cold quicker than fried shrimp. And I hate cold fried food.

Try scallops at a proper French restaurant to have your mind blown by how good they can be. They're super easy to overcook and the seasoning needs to be super precise.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Aug 20, 2023, 09:49 PMFrom a while ago. Jerk chicken rice and peas. The scotch bonnets I grew myself.

Meal prep... nice. Don't have the discipline for that. I just take it one day at a time.

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Quote from: jadis on Aug 22, 2023, 10:14 AMTry scallops at a proper French restaurant to have your mind blown by how good they can be. They're super easy to overcook and the seasoning needs to be super precise.

I learned this the hard way that it's easy to overcook them then it becomes super chewy and rubbery.

Quote from: jadis on Aug 22, 2023, 10:14 AMAnyone here a fan of south Indian, maybe @Nimbly9 ? As in all those plant pastes that contain maybe 20 different spices and taste like nothing we're used to (as opposed to the meat curries and other staples of what the Brits sold to the world as Indian cuisine). I like the experience of tasting something really new but I also need some fucking protein in my meal, not just bean pastes and bread and mango pickles, y'know?

I am a fan.  My fiancee is Punjabi, but she's a bit of a cooking fanatic and loves to experiment to blend regional styles. One time she showed me some Chicken Frithad variation she made with an interesting spin on the spices (something to do with cardamom) and it was fantastic.

Quote from: Nimbly9 on Aug 22, 2023, 02:39 PMI am a fan.  My fiancee is Punjabi, but she's a bit of a cooking fanatic and loves to experiment to blend regional styles. One time she showed me some Chicken Frithad variation she made with an interesting spin on the spices (something to do with cardamom) and it was fantastic.

Does she do chai? When done properly it's as good as drugs

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism