Quote from: Guybrush on Jan 28, 2023, 08:12 AM
Quote from: robhr on Jan 28, 2023, 07:59 AMHi. Thank you.

Yeah I haven't posted a whole lot at Music Banter.

And great, I will then.

I live in the frozen hellscape of Winnipeg, Canada.

Ah, okay :) Norway here. When I signed up on MB about 15 years ago, I was living in Longyearbyen on Svalbard. It's another frozen hellscape. Now I'm about as far south in the country as I can get.

Neat, I'd love to travel all over Scandinavia. A lot of my favourite music comes out of there.

Quote from: robhr on Jan 28, 2023, 08:15 AMNeat, I'd love to travel all over Scandinavia. A lot of my favourite music comes out of there.

Cool, I'd like to see Canada. There were a few students from Canada on Svalbard so I know a few canadians.

I take it you're a metal fan then? I'd guess our biggest musical export is black metal :) or used to be, at least.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Jan 28, 2023, 08:22 AM
Quote from: robhr on Jan 28, 2023, 08:15 AMNeat, I'd love to travel all over Scandinavia. A lot of my favourite music comes out of there.

Cool, I'd like to see Canada. There were a few students from Canada on Svalbard so I know a few canadians.

I take it you're a metal fan then? I'd guess our biggest musical export is black metal :) or used to be, at least.

I dabble in many genres, but I mostly prefer the more ethereal stuff from that region. But I've been getting into the black metal. I like all the "post-metal" stuff though it technically isn't a genre.

Hey everyone, it's jadis

Nice to see you here Rob!

To everyone else, don't fall for his "Winnipeg is a frozen shithole" spiel, it's actually pretty great in some ways imho though it does get a bit rough in the winter. The cultural scene is rich and fascinating. Guy Maddin alone is as compelling a justification as you could get for any city's existence and there's so much else besides.

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Quote from: jadis on Mar 11, 2023, 02:43 PMHey everyone, it's jadis

To everyone else, don't fall for his "Winnipeg is a frozen shithole" spiel, it's actually pretty great in some ways imho though it does get a bit rough in the winter. The cultural scene is rich and fascinating. Guy Maddin alone is as compelling a justification as you could get for any city's existence and there's so much else besides.

Good to see you too.

And I love Winnipeg, just some tough love.

Hey Jadis, very nice to have you on board! You seem to have settled in nicely already 🙂

Happiness is a warm manatee

Yeah I like it here

welcome bro

I honestly was still 75% under the impression you were OH till you joined this forum lol

Quote from: Jwb on Mar 12, 2023, 02:00 AM

welcome bro

I honestly was still 75% under the impression you were OH till you joined this forum lol

the highest praise i've ever heard

Thanks man

I always say that the weirder one's perceptions of you are, the more interesting. As far as I can gather MB user Occult Hawk is a vastly different personality from me but hey maybe I'll learn something new about myself

I can't say it was an entirely rational theory but sometimes I just go with my gut

Now do you want to try to explain to me what you liked about that Steve Harvey clip? Our little exchange got interrupted.

I just find the general idea of Steve Harvey funny so every hacky and r-worded bit he does is amusing. I think cumtown gave me the Steve Harvey bug

Stanhope is the man though 

Cumtown making fun of Steve Harvey is funny yeah. As a target for comedy he's pretty funny.  And I'm not the most familiar with his stand up so I am not about to just write him off as a comedian completely.  But what I have seen has been underwhelming.i feel like either him or DL were the weakest set on the kings of comedy and the only reason I can't rank them specifically is cause neither of them were memorable.  The order for best comedians on the kings of comedy goes:

1) Bernie Mac
2) Cedric
3) who cares?

#74 Mar 13, 2023, 04:19 AM Last Edit: Mar 13, 2023, 04:21 AM by Jwb
Quote from: Rubber Soul on Jan 24, 2023, 02:54 PM
Quote from: TheNonSexual OccultHawk on Jan 24, 2023, 12:22 AMlucem and batlord and rubber soul are so there's that truth - there's no getting around the length of time i've been away and the strength of my presence
I originally left MB because I thought it was toxic because of the likes of you, OH. In fact I remember you said something of the effect I didn't belong there. Funny how the shoe is suddenly on the other foot.

PS- You forgot jwb.
just saw this when I was searching through this thread to see if it says who jimmy jazz is on MB lol.  Why you bringing my name up here?