Quote from: Marie Monday on Jun 23, 2024, 04:43 PMwhy on earth would you even care about this 😂

I think I made it quite plain when I prefaced my remarks with the curmudgeon thing.
We old people are like that. And actually, while you're at it, get off my lawn. What do you mean, I don't have a lawn? Hey! Call the cops! Someone stole my...zzzzzz

(Actually, it does matter: if someone uses the same artist twice, what's the point of that? Get your own ideas. And while you're at it, get off my... oh.)

Actually people are supposed to get less childish with age sweetie

Not me. I buck the trend.  :)

#93 Jun 24, 2024, 04:36 PM Last Edit: Jun 24, 2024, 04:39 PM by Saulaac
Oops, apols for partaking in the double velvet underground. Well, there could have been two of them diggin' away. They often are..

Lexi, are we talking Henry Cow?

Quote from: Saulaac on Jun 24, 2024, 04:36 PMOops, apols for partaking in the double velvet underground. Well, there could have been two of them diggin' away. They often are..

Lexi, are we talking Henry Cow?

Nope, not Henry Cow!

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

No problem Saulaac. Think I'll break a few rules of my own. Just thought up these two, so with apologies to Lexi (no idea what yours is) I'll just drop them here. Answer whenever you want, either when Lexi's is revealed/deciphered or, you know, whenever. I'll differentiate them by throwing in a TH on them. I guess anyone else who wants to do that can. Hey, what do I care?

TH 1: A very patient male cat (who may also have his own special room)

TH 2: Floating in the sea with Scrooge's dead partner and a fleet of Japanese hunting vessels.

Toodles!

If anyone would like a hint on mine, I'll be happy to drop one!

Is it anything to do with goats?

Quote from: Trollheart on Jun 25, 2024, 11:15 PMIs it anything to do with goats?

As a matter of fact, it is!

#99 Jun 26, 2024, 02:15 AM Last Edit: Jun 26, 2024, 02:21 AM by Trollheart
It's not Goatpenis, is it?  :laughing:

@Lisnaholic Just wanted to say your clue was highly clever. I would never have got it. well done. :thumb:

Quote from: Trollheart on Jun 26, 2024, 02:15 AMIt's not Goatpenis, is it?  :laughing:

@Lisnaholic Just wanted to say your clue was highly clever. I would never have got it. well done. :thumb:

It's not Goatpenis, believe it or not.  :laughing:

Here's another hint: the artist's name does not include the word "goat" specifically, but it is goat related.

Quote from: Trollheart on Jun 26, 2024, 02:15 AM@Lisnaholic Just wanted to say your clue was highly clever. I would never have got it. well done. :thumb:

^ Thank you Trollheart. :love: 
I really appreciate that kind comment.

And thanks for your clues, Lexi ! Thanks to them , I'm now ready to guess that "The one on the farm who is most admired" is Billy Idol

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

Quote from: Lisnaholic on Jun 26, 2024, 04:49 AM^ Thank you Trollheart. :love: 
I really appreciate that kind comment.

And thanks for your clues, Lexi ! Thanks to them , I'm now ready to guess that "The one on the farm who is most admired" is Billy Idol

You are correct!

^ :thumb:

I don't often think about Billy Idol, but thanks to this game, the next time I do, it will be as Billy-goat Idol, which perhaps should've been his stage name all along.
I'll try to think of another cryptic name, but in the meantime, we have Trollheart's to mull over: 

Quote from: Trollheart on Jun 25, 2024, 12:16 AMTH 1: A very patient male cat (who may also have his own special room)

TH 2: Floating in the sea with Scrooge's dead partner and a fleet of Japanese hunting vessels.

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

So these ones jumped out at me like a sore thumb (I think I mixed up a couple of idioms there).

TH 1: A very patient male cat (who may also have his own special room)
Tom Waits

Bob Marley and the Wailers  (The "whaling vessels" was a bit of an easy one, TH  :D)

Coming up with cryptic clues is hard, so feel free anyone to chip with the next round.