Quote from: tristan_geoff on Jan 24, 2024, 05:36 PMcorrect me if I'm doing or saying wrong but I recently discontinued using deodorant altogether.  I started doing this after both taking into account that the active ingredient in my deodorant was aluminum (a metal going into ur body hmm) and the fact that the deodorant companies literally had to once persuade the general public that body odor was undesirable and that we needed deodorant.  idk if I've got all the facts right but I haven't gotten any complaints or funny looks yet so idk.  I shower every other day cause it'll dry the fuck out of your skin to do so daily or even multiple times a day like some do.

I rarely want to or need to wear anti-perspirants which are an irritant to me. Deodorants I understand as having less chemicals but still I am not keen on those kind of products. There are a few alternative products around it you search for natural anti-stink remedies. Liking the smell of human bodies is not weird, it is how we get attracted to people, in my view anyway, so why else would you have a nose if it not for breathing in and out and taking in the smells around you.
..I am a known sniffer of things. Does that need washing, does the material smell pleasant for me to wear that, dinner wow that smells delicious, crikey what's that burning in the kitchen, smells are everywhere. It's natural... one of our important senses that should be used more for pleasures as well as alarms. Covering up human smells with perfume and such like is really not healthy for us, body and mind wise.

Elvis was supposed to be a bit of a knob but the thing that really disgusted me about him was when I saw a picture of his worn underwear that sold at auction.

🤢

Only God knows.

That's vile. Wipe your bum ffs.

Speaking of wiping your bum,

What does everyone prefer?

Toilet paper, wet wipes or were you fancy enough to spring for a bidet?

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Mar 04, 2024, 10:32 AMSpeaking of wiping your bum,

What does everyone prefer?

Toilet paper, wet wipes or were you fancy enough to spring for a bidet?

I'd prefer a bidet, but they're not a thing in this country.

Happiness is a warm manatee

I've never used a bidet before. We had one in Madeira but I was too scared to use it, potentially love it then have to go back to TP when I got home. I have no idea how you're supposed to use one either 😅😂

Quote from: FETCHER. on Mar 04, 2024, 10:11 PMI've never used a bidet before. We had one in Madeira but I was too scared to use it, potentially love it then have to go back to TP when I got home. I have no idea how you're supposed to use one either 😅😂

It's just a jet of water that rinses dookie from your bum, but..

Yeah, I've never used one either. I'm sure we talked about this earlier in this thread, but I'm just somewhat put off by how we smear poop around with paper and don't wash until we hit the shower 😅

But it works.

Wet wipes sound good, but I think it would be too tempting to toss them in the toilet.. which is a mortal sin.

Happiness is a warm manatee

I've used bidets when staying at nice hotels. It's okay but nothing beats a shower imo