Yeah so I had this idea for a thread awhile back but never posted it until now.

All things hygiene and hygiene related questions.

So I wanted to know a couple of things from the crowd.

Do you prefer night time showers or morning showers? Also do you just end up showering twice a day? Do your showering habits change based on the season?

What do you use in the shower to soap up with? Wash cloth? Loofah? Bare hand and bar of soap?

Do you prefer bar soaps or body wash and preferably why?

Do you actually wash your legs or just let the soap suds flow down your legs not ever touching them? How frequently do you shower/wash your hair?

If you come into this thread, keep your judgements to yourself about others hygiene habits. I don't want people to not feel comfortable being able to open up about theirs.

In the summer, I have to do both and sometimes end up with three showers a day depending on how hot/sweaty the day is and if I have to go back out into public. In the winter I stick to mostly just morning showers especially if I'm not leaving the house.

I'm a bar soap kind of person and I use a washcloth. I buy those like 20 packs and rotate through them. I sometimes wash a few of them in the laundry but they are kind of disposable and I just end up throwing them away after a bit. I know super wasteful but whatever.

Since I use a washcloth I make sure to scrub my legs and the bottoms of my feet as well when I shower.

Daily showers and I shampoo my hair every three days or so.

I was this cool the whole time.

As a fairly active person who often gets down and dirty with deep cleaning, I did have to step up my game with washing myself over time. I very much value being presentable, and so I also use deodorant, antiperspirants and perfume every day.

As for showering, I do it in the morning right after my exercise routine. I'd actually like to be able to shower again later as I often change clothes from more housework-friendly ones to nicer dresses in the evening when Mr. Waffles gets home, but I don't want to waste makeup by taking it all off and putting more on just to get in another shower. It happens in some situations though, like date nights. At any rate I do have a little everyday freshening up routine in between getting home from work and starting on dinner.

I use a wash cloth and body wash, and I shampoo and condition my hair every 3 days usually, though sometimes I cheat a bit and wait a fourth day. At any rate dry shampoo is my best friend.

And I very much wash my legs. I admit I don't always give them the most attention as my showers do need to be timely, but yeah I do wash them.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

I shower in the morning. If I spend the day out and get really fonky I'll shower when I get home. I like night time bubble baths in the winter.

I use exfoliating shower gloves and shower gel. I drop the bottle less than I do a bar of soap.

I wash my legs and feet in the shower in the summer because I get corn chip feet when it's warm. In the cooler months I don't pay them much mind in the shower unless they're dirty, but I wash them in the bath.

"She paints, she reads, she lights things on fire."

I use a shower puff every few showers or so. You don't need one every time and my skin can get irritated if I overdo it.

I also have a bar of soap especially for washing my arsehole and my bellend.

I don't wash my hair because I haven't got any. My bald head gets washed with my beard wash which I also use for my face. I use soap in my ears and behind them.

Yes I scrub my legs and feet. Why would you not?

I prefer soap bars. Every few months I might treat myself to a nice one that costs a bit more. My last one was cinnamon scented and it was great. Usually just use plain soap though.

I use Old Spice deodorant that has no alcohol because it is cheap and smells great. I also use Old Spice EDT.

I trim my armpits and my pubes every few weeks. Sometimes might squat down and shave my arsehole.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Aug 30, 2023, 03:31 PMI use Old Spice deodorant that has no alcohol because it is cheap and smells great. I also use Old Spice EDT.

When I was little I thought the aquarium stank so I poured some Old Spice in and murdered my uncle's fish.  :-[

"She paints, she reads, she lights things on fire."

Quote from: MonaSomona on Aug 30, 2023, 03:57 PMWhen I was little I thought the aquarium stank so I poured some Old Spice in and murdered my uncle's fish.  :-[

😂

I used washing up liquid to 'clean' the fish bowl with the fish in it when I was a kid and did the same thing. I cried. Was about 4.

Only God knows.

Do you prefer night time showers or morning showers? Also do you just end up showering twice a day? Do your showering habits change based on the season?

Usually mornings after I work out. If I can't get a morning work out, I'll skip the shower and wait until evening to work out and then shower.

What do you use in the shower to soap up with? Wash cloth? Loofah? Bare hand and bar of soap?

Bare hands and a bar of soap.

Do you prefer bar soaps or body wash and preferably why?

Bar soap. The few body washes I've tried were a bit too fragrant for my taste.

Do you actually wash your legs or just let the soap suds flow down your legs not ever touching them? How frequently do you shower/wash your hair?

Usually wash my legs. Once in a while I'll just let the soap suds flow down my legs without touching them.

I shower and wash my hair once a day. Once in a great while, I might shower twice in one day but I'll only wash my hair once.

Fun thread idea :D

I prefer morning showers because it wakes me up and I get to start the day feeling fresh. I shower once a day, with bare hands and bar soap (Pears soap in my case), I like the texture of a soap bar and just think Pears smells really neat. I always wash my legs and I wash my hair every 3 or 4 days, I try not to do it so often but it gets greasy fast. I wash my face twice a day at least, but just with water. That's about it, apart from toothbrushing and deodorant

Quote from: Marie Monday on Aug 30, 2023, 09:06 PMFun thread idea :D

I prefer morning showers because it wakes me up and I get to start the day feeling fresh. I shower once a day, with bare hands and bar soap (Pears soap in my case), I like the texture of a soap bar and just think Pears smells really neat. I always wash my legs and I wash my hair every 3 or 4 days, I try not to do it so often but it gets greasy fast. I wash my face twice a day at least, but just with water. That's about it, apart from toothbrushing and deodorant

Speaking of texture of soap bars, I've really gotten into handmade soaps lately. It started with Dr. Squatch then I decided to step away from corporate stuff and support local businesses that make handmade bar soaps so I've been getting into that lately. I love the texture of them but they end up forcing me to use just hand and the bar soap.

I stick to Irish Spring otherwise if I don't have a handmade soap available and Irish Spring is much easier to use with a washcloth.

Oh yes, I wanted to ask about face washing habits as well.

In general, does everyone wash their face twice a day? Or do you prefer morning vs night?

I tend to only wash my face in the morning, I feel like I should do it at night as well to wash away the grime of the day. When I shower after coming back from the gym then I will wash my face to get rid of the sweat from working out.  Also I start with hot/warm water to open up my pores and then when I'm rinsing my face off, I use cold water. I also use a cleanser from Neutrogena that has like exfoliating beads in it.

I was this cool the whole time.

I usually have makeup on for most of the day, so I do wash my face in the morning, then I also do a rinse and cleanse when I take my makeup off, which I do at some point between dinner cleanup and just before bedtime. So yeah twice a day for me.

Since I got my hair dyed blonde last November, I've been using purple shampoo and conditioner to help preserve the dye job. Still looks pretty good after 10 months. I don't use bar soap because I'm a butterfinger haha.

I kinda wish I had the time to take more baths. If anyone's taking a bath in this house it's usually the mister, I have too much to get done and when I do have free time it's never one of the things that pops in my head to do.

I usually shower after taking a dump even if it does sometimes lead to multiple showers a day. Anyone else doing that? I can go without it but it feels unpleasant. I also prefer to rinse my dick under the tap after taking a piss, so there's also that.

Quote from: grindy on Aug 31, 2023, 01:39 PMI usually shower after taking a dump even if it does sometimes lead to multiple showers a day. Anyone else doing that? I can go without it but it feels unpleasant. I also prefer to rinse my dick under the tap after taking a piss, so there's also that.

No but you know the trays that you keep your bars of soap on at the sink, for washing your hands? You will get that sludgy soap that collects in it. I use that to wash my arsehole after having a shit. Dip your tissue in it and clean 8)

Its economic, hygienic and shows initiative.

We don't have bidets here but that's no excuse to have a dirty bumhole.

Only God knows.

Quote from: grindy on Aug 31, 2023, 01:39 PMI usually shower after taking a dump even if it does sometimes lead to multiple showers a day. Anyone else doing that? I can go without it but it feels unpleasant. I also prefer to rinse my dick under the tap after taking a piss, so there's also that.

I do this after a wank :laughing:

About showering, it used to be pretty much every day. Then electricity got super expensive for various reasons, including war. We all cut down to save on bills, so 2-3 showers a week became the norm. Now I'm exercising five days a week or more, so that makes me shower more.

I usually try to get it done quickly. I currently use a bar soap. The ones we use are inside small bags made of a mesh so the soap gets through and it also has a slight scrubbing effect. For nether regions, I just get soap on my hands and scrub with those. I sometimes try to dig the nails in a little :laughing: Ass, dick and armpits get first priority and then feet and everything else.

I usually don't wanna have sex unless I feel nice and clean.

Happiness is a warm manatee

sounds like you should just invest in a bidet or one of them Japanese toilets

#14 Aug 31, 2023, 05:22 PM Last Edit: Aug 31, 2023, 05:26 PM by Lexi Darling
I find I actually shower after sex more frequently than before. There have certainly been times on the weekends when we've had a little afternoon delight and had to freshen up afterwards to do something else later in the day.

I wear a lot of antiperspirant deodorant and perfume, but there's only so much that can do when I've gotten all sweaty from some spontaneous sex.