Quote from: Psy-Fi on Jan 17, 2024, 06:11 PMShe's got that crazy look in her eyes.
seriously bro I think this bitch is an android. Along with Hillary Clinton and Elizabeth Warren.  Why does
Quote from: Nimbly9 on Jan 17, 2024, 03:27 AMHe certainly doesn't waste any time.  He still wants to be POTUS one day.  If you can't win on your own, nab that VP slot and pick up the pieces when your nearly 80 year old running mate keels over during his 4 year term. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
maybe. But if Trump wins and lives through his term,  being his VP isn't necessarily going to help Vivek in 4 years.  Just ask Mike Pence. 

Not so convinced he will be his VP anyway.  Could just end up being another Christie who thinks Trump will reward him for loyalty only to find out that you've been used.

Quote from: Nimbly9 on Jan 18, 2024, 01:21 AMLol

fuck this is exactly what I war thinking but couldn't put in to words

There's something about female politicians that give me serious uncanny valley vibes.

Quote from: SGR on Jan 16, 2024, 09:55 PMDo you think he'll start to go out and stump for Trump? If he does, I think he'll be highly effective. Vivek articulates practically the same messages as Trump, but he's much more incisive and articulate.

No that's a bad idea. He hit up 300 spots in Iowa and Trump voters reduced him to a dirty Muslim. Trumps audience doesn't care about someone being articulate. He went hard in Iowa to walk away with 19%. He would do Trump more harm than good if he went out speaking for Trump.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Jan 18, 2024, 04:40 PMNo that's a bad idea. He hit up 300 spots in Iowa and Trump voters reduced him to a dirty Muslim. Trumps audience doesn't care about someone being articulate. He went hard in Iowa to walk away with 19%. He would do Trump more harm than good if he went out speaking for Trump.

I wasn't thinking about him speaking for the purpose of persuading Trump voters. Trump voters don't need to be persuaded, they're voting Trump no matter what. I was more thinking about him stumping for Trump in the general - and Vivek's ability to articulate Trump's message in a way that's more persausive (than Trump) for undecided or swing voters.

Quote from: SGR on Jan 18, 2024, 06:44 PMI wasn't thinking about him speaking for the purpose of persuading Trump voters. Trump voters don't need to be persuaded, they're voting Trump no matter what. I was more thinking about him stumping for Trump in the general - and Vivek's ability to articulate Trump's message in a way that's more persausive (than Trump) for undecided or swing voters.

Undecided and swing voters are undecided because they don't want to vote for Trump so Vivek caping for Trump still won't help in that aspect.

RFK Jr. is gonna end up picking up most of the independents if he gets on the ballot in all the swing states. Just my prediction.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Jan 18, 2024, 08:37 PMUndecided and swing voters are undecided because they don't want to vote for Trump so Vivek caping for Trump still won't help in that aspect.

To be fair, they're undecided because they don't really want to vote for Trump and they don't really want to vote for Biden. Obama stumping for Biden will help (assuming said undecided voters liked Obama), but I think if Vivek is given a big enough stage/platform (e.g. RNC convention), he'd help Trump. I'd be willing to wager a large number of undecided voters haven't even heard of Vivek, or if they have, they haven't really heard him speak.

Quote from: Nimbly9 on Jan 18, 2024, 09:56 PMRFK Jr. is gonna end up picking up most of the independents if he gets on the ballot in all the swing states. Just my prediction.

It raises an interesting question - how many undecided voters at this point in the race typically go with one of the two main parties? I'm sure there are some that aren't willing to vote third party just because they'd feel that it is a wasted vote (and in some ways, it is). Others might stick to their convictions of fuck both Trump and Biden, I don't care if I'm voting for a spoiler, I'm not giving my vote to either of these dudes, and will vote for RFK (somewhat similar to what happened in the 1912 election with Wilson/Taft/Roosevelt, except Roosevelt played spoiler so well he got more votes than the Republican Taft).

:laughing:

https://x.com/mindys_stuff_
May 21st, 2024

mindy_meme_agency

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

Lmao he's so real for this

QuoteMidway through the Q.-&-A. section of Nikki Haley's town hall, earlier this month, at the Veterans of Foreign Wars post in Merrimack, New Hampshire, a man named Ted Johnson stood up to announce that America was heading for civil war. "So," he asked Haley, "how can I get back to that day, in the nineteen-eighties, when I was happy, running in the street, riding my bike?

https://www.newyorker.com/news/the-political-scene/nikki-haleys-consensus-appeal

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

I can't see Nikki Haley catching on with enough Republican voters to stay in the race much longer.

Down goes DeSantis

DeSantis Drops Out