#75 Dec 19, 2023, 03:23 PM Last Edit: Dec 19, 2023, 03:36 PM by Guybrush
Quote from: DJChameleon on Dec 19, 2023, 01:31 PMKeith was also another one of those like "ew I can't believe he's a cult leader he's not that charming looking but he's definitely more charismatic than the dude leading Twin Flames.

Yuck. Keith Rainere is such a dopey eyed douchebag, I can't really see the appeal there either. He's obviously a good salesman, but some of the stuff he says seems so hacky, like platitudes that sound deep but are actually untrue, empty or irrelevant. Like he likes this idea of hell; that on the day you die, you meet the you that you could've been.

I'm like why is that a particularly bad hell or even good idea of hell? It's obviously just because it lines up with the exact narrative he wants to imprint on people.

These cultists vary a little bit, but they all seem like relatively innocent people who lack critical thinking skills. I might offend someone writing this, but I do get the impression that religion has probably primed some of these peeps into becoming potential cult victims.

Happiness is a warm manatee

We just watched the first episode of Fargo S5 and wow, what a season opener. Already looking forward to diving further into that one 🙂

Still trying to get through Outlander. I'm at the beginning of season 5, but I haven't started it yet. Need a break to maybe watch some other shit for a bit.

I talked Micha into watching Euphoria with me. It took us some time, but we finished it last week. I've seen it 3 times now. Can't wait for the new season, in 2025...

"She paints, she reads, she lights things on fire."

https://twitter.com/shhon_
April 25th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

Just finished Fargo season five and it was amazing. Currently watching Feud and I'm not into it so I'm on my phone. I'm sure it's perfectly fine but I'm not into it.

Quote from: robhr on Jan 28, 2024, 03:31 AMJust finished Fargo season five and it was amazing. Currently watching Feud and I'm not into it so I'm on my phone. I'm sure it's perfectly fine but I'm not into it.

Love it!! We got two episodes left and In just looking forward watching it this evening.

Finished Fargo S5 last weekend and thought it was pretty great 👍 liked it a lot.

Now we're on to True Detective S4 Night Country where Jodie Foster and Kali Reis are Alaskan detectives investigating the disappearance of researchers from an arctic research station. The events take place at the start of the dark season or polar night, hence the title.

Although it's Alaska and not Svalbard, having lived in the arctic and having been on a research station etc. there's some things here that feel familiar and that's enjoyable.

The show itself is part True Detective, part Twin Peaks, part The Thing. I like it so far, 3 episodes in.

Episode 4 of True Detective S4 was a piece of feel-bad art. I like it a lot.

Apparently the show's getting some flak from TD fans who think it's too supernatural and maybe doesn't closely follow the TD format. I do feel like they just slapped TRUE DETECTIVE on there to tie it to a recognizable IP so people would watch it. However, forgetting about TD and just judging it as its own thing, it's very good imo. I'd recommend.

We're a few episodes into Masters of the Air and I'm really enjoying it. Worth a watch if you liked Band of Brothers and The Pacific.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Watching Mr. and Mrs. Smith and it's really good but it is one of these series you either really love or you hate. It is an interesting take on what we got with the movie. Donald Glover does it again imo.

I was this cool the whole time.

We started watching Jury Duty on Amazon prime. The concept is genius. It's a courtroom and a court case, but everyone's an actor - except one guy who thinks its real and that he's simply in a doc about jury duty. So the whole show is like a prank on this one guy.

The concept may be funnier than the execution, but it's still enjoyable so we'll probably finish it.

Quote from: Guybrush on Feb 19, 2024, 05:01 PMWe started watching Jury Duty on Amazon prime. The concept is genius. It's a courtroom and a court case, but everyone's an actor - except one guy who thinks its real and that he's simply in a doc about jury duty. So the whole show is like a prank on this one guy.

The concept may be funnier than the execution, but it's still enjoyable so we'll probably finish it.

That kind of reminds me of Murderville, which is also pretty funny. In each episode, a celebrity with no knowledge or script has to improvise their way through solving a murder with Will Arnett and the rest of the cast.

Quote from: Janszoon on Feb 19, 2024, 05:05 PMThat kind of reminds me of Murderville, which is also pretty funny. In each episode, a celebrity with no knowledge or script has to improvise their way through solving a murder with Will Arnett and the rest of the cast.

I've only seen one episode of Murder ville, but it was fun and so is Will Arnett. An aside, but my favourite joke from Arrested Development might be how his character's name was Jobe, but spelled Gob 😄

And the never-nude analrapist (analyst/therapist) is also pretty funny.

Quote from: Guybrush on Feb 19, 2024, 05:11 PMI've only seen one episode of Murder ville, but it was fun and so is Will Arnett. An aside, but my favourite joke from Arrested Development might be how his character's name was Jobe, but spelled Gob 😄

And the never-nude analrapist (analyst/therapist) is also pretty funny.

There's always money in the banana stand!

I'm big into feudal Japan - I love the clothing, the armor, the samurais, the architecture, the environment, the hierarchies etc. Just a fascinating time and place. So I'm really looking forward to watching this new show, 'Shogun'.