Quote from: Psy-Fi on Jun 29, 2023, 06:59 PMWhy Are There 10 Hot Dogs in a Pack but Only 8 Buns?

I love this I wonder if there is any other place outside of Canada that does 10 hot dog buns in a pack.

I was this cool the whole time.

Good but not quite great. There are better ones imho

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

I've eaten that too. Enjoyed it.

I am a big fan of cheese.

Only God knows.

I think I tried Brie once when I was making a shark coochie board but I don't think I liked it. I found out I don't like the taste of blue cheese either.

I love cheese, though more reasonably priced brie is often a little mild. Still good, though. I love it with a bit of cherry jam or a dribble of nuts and a bit of honey.

I prefer rødkittost, but I've no idea what it's called in English. Maybe it's red smear-ripened cheeses? I love them <3

I don't mind the smellier ones and blue cheese is great, even on pizza. I had a lovely chunk of Gorgonzola when we recently went to France.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Jul 12, 2023, 08:21 PMI love cheese, though more reasonably priced brie is often a little mild. Still good, though. I love it with a bit of cherry jam or a dribble of nuts and a bit of honey.

I prefer rødkittost, but I've no idea what it's called in English. Maybe it's red smear-ripened cheeses? I love them <3

I don't mind the smellier ones and blue cheese is great, even on pizza. I had a lovely chunk of Gorgonzola when we recently went to France.

That's exactly right. The ones that make life worth living are the really strong ones and they're always really expensive. But then I like brie so much that during the pandemic I even accustomed myself to having the shitty Israeli version cause that's all I could find, and it's still pretty good all things considered.

Quote from: Guybrush on Jul 12, 2023, 08:21 PMI love cheese, though more reasonably priced brie is often a little mild. Still good, though. I love it with a bit of cherry jam or a dribble of nuts and a bit of honey.

I love gorgonzola on pizza and just in salads too. There is a pizza shop near me that puts cranberries gorgonzola and walnuts into the salad. I get that every time when we order from there.

Quote from: Psy-Fi on Jul 20, 2023, 01:28 PMBurger King assistant manager arrested for serving customers fries from trash can  :o

sad. I prefer BK to Mickey Ds but now I will always be kind of weary about if I'm getting trash fries or not. I will have to keep my eye on them as they are putting the fries into the container.

Speaking of trash, living solo hasn't been good for my eating habits. All I have for breakfast these days is pepperoni sticks with some whole wheat crackers and black coffee. Which is highly Canadian of me tbh

A week ago, we came home from our 10 days vacation in Denmark. As somewhat of a foodie, one of the things that excites me in Danish stores is their lovely herring.

Here's a picture from the pantry. Fresh, brown farm eggs and a bucket of marinated herring filets. God damn do they go well together.

We also always get cheeses, but the Dan-something cheeses that are sold everywhere in Denmark are a little strange. They're relatively pungent and a little soft yellow cheeses. I like pungent cheeses. However, these typically aren't that good as a spread and also not particularly good when enjoyed on their own or, say, with crackers, wine and some grapes.

It's like I just can't figure out the best way to eat them. Maybe they're just not very good cheeses.

Their blue cheeses are alright, though.

I'm so mad right now. I went to cook some brown rice that wasn't opened that I got from Wal-Mart and there were two dead moths inside. They had to have been sealed inside from the fucking factory. My lunch is ruined.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Jul 20, 2023, 09:32 PMI'm so mad right now. I went to cook some brown rice that wasn't opened that I got from Wal-Mart and there were two dead moths inside. They had to have been sealed inside from the fucking factory. My lunch is ruined.

Decent protein in them moths tbf.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jul 20, 2023, 09:41 PMDecent protein in them moths tbf.

I did a little research and I guess it's a thing.

Rice moths/pantry moths.

They were inside the bag because Wal-Mart left that particular bag in the store for a month or longer and they grew from eggs that were inside idk.

Yesterday, we were driving to some place when we saw a roadside sign saying someone was selling knåost, knead cheese. It's a creamy, heat treated cheese with caraway seeds. Me and my wife bought a bunch many years ago and it was so good and we've thinking about it ever since, but you can't get it anywhere so.. we were like STOP THE CAR!!

I rang the door and some old guy with a purple alcoholic's nose answered and yes, he didn't make the cheese himself, but he sold it from his freezer in the garage. Brilliant.

I bought three of the things and we later thawed one out. We tasted it. Yes, that's the stuff!

Then I found a fucking black hair in it. God damn it you old cheese wiz.