Quote from: Guybrush on Mar 27, 2024, 08:47 AMYou can, @Lexi Darling 🙂 You go, girl!

Sounds like a hassle changing those weights unless you have a couple of those clever dumbbells.

It's also mixing up training goals a little and must be more difficult to sorta calibrate to your level, but that aside I guess it should be okay.

I assume he goes to a gym and they have all kinds of dumbbell weights anyway. But yeah, this is still an unnecessary hassle.

Quote from: grindy on Mar 27, 2024, 08:53 AMI assume he goes to a gym and they have all kinds of dumbbell weights anyway. But yeah, this is still an unnecessary hassle.

Oh yeah, my brain was in home gym mode. Good dumbbell racks are certainly nice.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Mar 27, 2024, 08:47 AMYou can, @Lexi Darling 🙂 You go, girl!

Sounds like a hassle changing those weights unless you have a couple of those clever dumbbells.

It's also mixing up training goals a little and must be more difficult to sorta calibrate to your level, but that aside I guess it should be okay.

Changing weights all the time just adds into keeping my heart rate up. I don't take much of a break in between sets but when I get to the heavier weights I do rest a little longer.

I was this cool the whole time.

I am consistently running 4-5kms for easy runs and doing a slightly longer run at the weekends. I've got my longest ever run coming on Saturday which is 7km so a bit daunting but I know I'll get it done fine.

I've also had huge improvements on my daily steps thanks to the tips I got here but it's left me a bit short for time so it's meant I'm not on here as much 🙈

Nice @FETCHER. 🙂 Well done!

I haven't done any real exercise for a week other than skiing a bit. Vacation got in the way and it might take a little while until I can get a proper exercise in still as we got a concert coming up on Saturday that we have to rehearse for.

I might be able to get something in today 🤔

Happiness is a warm manatee

Today was not a good day. I did chest day and felt so weak. I was struggling to complete my sets at weights that I normally complete. I have only felt like this when I was in the beginning stages of coming down with a cold but I currently feel fine now. No fever or cold coming on.

I hate when I show up to the gym later than I normally do. On Tuesday I wanted to do chest day but that whole area was packed and no benches were free. Sometimes I will talk to someone and hop on in between their sets but I didn't feel like it so I did the 30 minute circuit instead.

Recovery or diet could be the issue. I doubt you're over training.

Are you eating right? How many meals a day? What sort of thing? Are you sleeping OK?

Only God knows.

It might be diet. I thought also sleep but I get a good amount of hours it's just a weird sleep schedule.

So instead of my old midnight to 6am sleep time. I've been going to bed at 8pm and waking up at 2am but I've been doing that for a few months now.

I've only been getting in one meal a day. Been super busy with work stuff.

It might also be hydration too. I haven't been drinking as much water as I normally do.

There are loads of options to increase protein intake Big D.

A large pot of Skyr has 45g protein which is is a lot. Skyr is like yoghurt basically. I just looked at Walmart and they only have small pots and you'd need three and that's come to almost five dollars. £1.35 in Asda here for the big pots. Have a look mate.

If you add one of those and whey protein for breakfast and before bed, you're gonna be close to your protein target. None of it is time consuming.

Also yes hydration will affect it. I have a big water bottle I drink before I train. My piss is just glowing with clarity. Like a chalkstream.

Only God knows.

Has anyone else deliberately reduced alcohol intake to improve with exercise? Anytime I drink I end up taking a week off from running and walking and it's impossible to reach my goals. It's annoying because I still want to go out and enjoy myself but everything else suffers so much it's not becoming worth it any more.

Quote from: FETCHER. on Apr 07, 2024, 12:44 PMHas anyone else deliberately reduced alcohol intake to improve with exercise? Anytime I drink I end up taking a week off from running and walking and it's impossible to reach my goals. It's annoying because I still want to go out and enjoy myself but everything else suffers so much it's not becoming worth it any more.

Yeah, I quit for five months at the start of 2010 for that reason. I was getting tired with eating well all week, lifting four times and then undoing the hard work and having days off to recover.

Alcohol and fitness don't mix.

I haven't had a drink for over 7 years now. That was down to mental health problems. But the upside is since I get back into training it's just so much easier to be consistent. Gainz gainz gainz all the time.

It does sound like you might need to knock it on the head at least for a bit.

I know it's really fucking difficult BTW.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 07, 2024, 01:27 PMYeah, I quit for five months at the start of 2010 for that reason. I was getting tired with eating well all week, lifting four times and then undoing the hard work and having days off to recover.

Alcohol and fitness don't mix.

I haven't had a drink for over 7 years now. That was down to mental health problems. But the upside is since I get back into training it's just so much easier to be consistent. Gainz gainz gainz all the time.

It does sound like you might need to knock it on the head at least for a bit.

I know it's really fucking difficult BTW.

Good on you! 7 years is some achievement!

Yeah at this stage other than the plans I have already made I am going to stop and massively reduce when I am out.

It's a bit tiring constantly taking 2 steps forward and then one back again. I am definitely needing to reevaluate what is more important. The amount of doomscrolling I do for weeks after a night out is shameful. It's such a waste of time.

Also as you mentioned it is definitely not good for mental health. I do notice a huge dip in my general mood after a night out 🫣

Grats on 7 years Jimmy. I was at the 7 year mark until last year. I broke it to partake in wine with my ex. I don't go out drinking much at all and if I do anything at home alone it's probably an edible and I don't do that often.

I have tried working out while high and I don't know how people do it. Maybe it's because I was doing cardio at the time but I felt like my heart was about to burst out of my chest so I got off of the elliptical like 7 mins in. There are a few gym goers that will light up before they work out AND afterwards and I don't know how they do it. I think they only lift though.

I've lifted the day AFTER smoking weed and even that had a negative effect.

I've played football when high. And also when drunk. It was fun, felt like I was playing like Messi but in reality I probably wasn't.

Only God knows.