Quote from: Lisnaholic on May 27, 2023, 06:30 PMProblem solved ;)

Yeah, I've never gone the walkman music route in any circumstance: beach, hike, even train commute to work - I prefer to be alert to the sounds around me, like a wary animal. Especially if you're engrossed in a book, it's good to keep your ears open at least.

Haha, nice beach chair!

I guess I'm the opposite in terms of headphones. I wear them pretty much anytime I walk anywhere.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

QuoteSennheiser HD 599

i need bluetooth even though i admit it doesn't sound as good

i dealt with wires for 35 years

Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 27, 2023, 06:50 PMWouldn't wear any headphones in public. I've got some wireless ear buds Honor sent me, they're fucking great but I'm not walking around in public where I can't hear my surroundings. I dunno how people do it.

I can hear my surroundings while I'm wearing my ear buds.

Quote from: Janszoon on May 27, 2023, 07:00 PMI can hear my surroundings while I'm wearing my ear buds.

Are they shit ear buds? Or do you have the volume on almost silent?

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 27, 2023, 07:06 PMAre they shit ear buds? Or do you have the volume on almost silent?

They're $20 wired Sony earbuds. The quality is pretty good for what they are. I don't have them almost silent but I also don't blast them. I'm not saying I can hear as well as I could without them in, but I can hear well enough to not get hit by a car.

Quote from: Janszoon on May 27, 2023, 05:51 PMI've never found a comfortable way to read at the beach and I'm not going to play music there because I think it's an obnoxious thing to do in public.

Playing music in public at a beach is fine. I feel like that's just an insecurity or something on your part.

I play whatever the fuck I'm in the mood for in public and don't care what others around me think. I don't see it as making them suffer by having to hear my music taste or whatever. I just wanna hear certain songs and will listen to it loudly fuck outta here.

The only time when it becomes obnoxious is when it happens late at night when people are trying to sleep and have to work the next day but at a beach I think that's fine.

I was this cool the whole time.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I actually find it very obnoxious to be subjected to somebody's loud music in public. If it's being piped over the radio by the property that's whatever, that can't really be helped. But if it's some rando blasting it, then I think I have a right to find what they're doing to be annoying and inconsiderate. And that even applies to music I normally like.

I have two main modes when it comes to listening to music.

If the mister is here, that's the time to put in the earbuds and listen to serene, ambient or low key music, or if it's more full sounding I'll at least play it at a low volume. I do this so I can always hear him easily if he needs to get my attention.

The minute he leaves for work at 8:00 AM, it's all the loud obnoxious stuff, just full on death metal and hardcore, forget the earbuds, forget the neighbors, crank that shit.

And honestly I'm rarely in a situation where I even want to listen to music while I'm in public, earphones or not. But of course that's just me.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: DJChameleon on May 29, 2023, 08:20 AMPlaying music in public at a beach is fine. I feel like that's just an insecurity or something on your part.

I play whatever the fuck I'm in the mood for in public and don't care what others around me think. I don't see it as making them suffer by having to hear my music taste or whatever. I just wanna hear certain songs and will listen to it loudly fuck outta here.

The only time when it becomes obnoxious is when it happens late at night when people are trying to sleep and have to work the next day but at a beach I think that's fine.

Insecurity? :laughing: No, playing music out loud in public is obnoxious, so I don't do. It's pretty simple. I will say, doing it at the beach is less obnoxious than doing it in the waiting room at a doctor's office, which I've actually experienced before. I would hope you would at least not do it in that context.

Yep it's obnoxious af when people do that, sorry. If headphones didn't exist I'd have some sympathy for it, but as it is there's no justification. And I think you vastly underestimate how much hearing loud music disturbs others

someone doing that better be in a big group or you'll get your fucking ass stomped

Poor DJ 😅

But yes, listening to music in public is obnoxious - the louder the worse, of course.

A beach being crowded is almost certain to ruin most of the enjoyment for me, so I/we generally try to find places where it's just us. That's nearly impossible or unfeasible in Oslo, but where we live, it's not too hard.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: DJChameleon on May 29, 2023, 08:20 AMI play whatever the fuck I'm in the mood for in public and don't care what others around me think. I don't see it as making them suffer by having to hear my music taste or whatever. I just wanna hear certain songs and will listen to it loudly fuck outta here.

You don't see how this comes across as having no consideration for others?

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 29, 2023, 04:27 PMYou don't see how this comes across as having no consideration for others?

Nope not really. I'll just have to agree to disagree. If you are at a beach just chilling play whatever tunes you want. Playing music in public is fine. If someone doesn't want to hear it they can clearly move or put in headphones to block it out.

Now doing it in a Dr's office waiting room is obnoxious but at a beach no way. I feel like you guys are a bit uptight on this issue.

It's not the same as those people that walk around with their bluetooth speakers blasting music on the subway or public transportation like on a bus. I get how that's annoying but public on a beach or in a park is totally fine imo.

I have my headphones most of the time other places.

Do y'all also drive in silence or only play music at low volumes with the windows up too when you are driving?

I was this cool the whole time.

You can play music in a car that's loud enough for you and the passengers to hear but not so loud that everyone going past can hear it too. If it falls into the latter then that's obnoxious.

Park or beach is lower down on the cuntometer but still registers. Public transport, shopping centres, walking down the street, driving in residential areas = extreme cuntishness.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 30, 2023, 12:28 AMYou can play music in a car that's loud enough for you and the passengers to hear but not so loud that everyone going past can hear it too. If it falls into the latter then that's obnoxious.

Park or beach is lower down on the cuntometer but still registers. Public transport, shopping centres, walking down the street, driving in residential areas = extreme cuntishness.

tbh here the beach has areas where no one is likely to be around and other spots that are really crowded

the crowded spots are obviously for bikini watching and partying so yeah if i'm there just to watch titties bounce around kids blasting music is to be expected but nobody is on that tip in the isolated spots

but if it's like miami beach where there is no escape from people then making more of a ruckus than necessary is unfair and like i said if you're not in a big group good luck