Well, do you?

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Yeah, I know one who is about mid 30's now and another who is about 50 odd.

Edit: I also know someone with a dog called Bruce if that counts.

I only know one Bruce personally, and he is (I believe) in his 60s.

I was going to say the fact that I've known him since he was in his 40s disproves Janszoon's thesis, but then I realized that doesn't actually make sense and I only thought it did because I woke up like 10 minutes ago.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: FETCHER. on Jul 18, 2024, 04:57 AMYeah, I know one who is about mid 30's now and another who is about 50 odd.

Edit: I also know someone with a dog called Bruce if that counts.

Is the dog below retirement age?

Bruce Dickinson is still going strong, as is Bruce Willis.

Quote from: Trollheart on Jul 18, 2024, 06:05 PMBruce Dickinson is still going strong, as is Bruce Willis.

Bruce Willis is not going strong at all these days.

Quote from: Trollheart on Jul 18, 2024, 06:05 PMBruce Dickinson is still going strong, as is Bruce Willis.

Both well above retirement age, and as Grindy said, Bruce Willis literally had to retire.

I used to know someone named Bruce but he died before he got to retirement age.

He'd be retired now if he hadn't croaked.

Quote from: Janszoon on Jul 18, 2024, 09:44 PMBoth well above retirement age, and as Grindy said, Bruce Willis literally had to retire.

Got you on Willis, yes, but what do you consider retirement age? That can be up to seventy years old, and as we all know, ahem, heavy metal never dies. Dickinson is still on the road with Maiden, still flying commercial airliners, writing, producing, and not looking likely to be heading for his pipe and slippers or spending time on the golf course any time soon.

If you're talking simple age, then that's a separate question, but if you mean who SHOULD be retired, well then, Berry was performing up into his nineties. Kind of wonder, too, what the point of the question is? Don't you like people called Bruce? Or are you just bored? And why Bruce? Why not Terry or Larry or Dave? Or Quentin? Or Wowbagger the Infinitely-Prolonged, for that matter?

Let's say state pensionable age. I certainly won't be working any longer than I need to. I think most would retire tomorrow if they had the resources, only 36 years to go woooooo