Me and my love of words! See how many album titles you can string together to make a cohesive sentence.

Achtung, Baby! Wish You Were Here, Where the Sun is Silent. We Sold Our Soul for Rock and Roll; When the World Knows Your Name, As the World Bleeds Like a Virgin, Off the Wall Home Thoughts from Abroad Gracelands The Stranger, The Man Who Sold the World, Desperado, Once in a Very Blue Moon, Plays Live.

That's U2/Pink Floyd/Alesana/Black Sabbath/Deacon Blue/Theocracy/Madonna/Michael Jackson/Clifford T. Ward/Paul Simon/Billy Joel/David Bowie/Eagles/Nanci Griffith and Peter Gabriel.

Can you do better? Rasp!

Strange days moanin' in the moonlight obscured by clouds. A momentary lapse of reason waiting for the sun. Help!

Doors/Howlin' Wolf/Pink Floyd/Pink Floyd/Doors/Beatles

^ Very poetic, with the sentences hanging togther nicely !

I'm afraid I got rather lost in your second line, Trollheart, but the thread idea is intriguing. Thanks.

Show some emotion: yonder is the clock, another self-portrait, rock art and the x-ray style.
(Joan Armatrading, The Felice Brothers, Bob Dylan, Joe Strummer)

What if, on Avery Island, tempted and tried poetic champions compose songs for swingin' lovers dedicated to you but you weren't listening ?
(Dixie Dregs, Neutral Milk Hotel, Steeleye Span, Van Morrison, Frank Sinatra, Kieth Tippett Group)

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

Great work, Lisna! :thumb:

Let me break my somewhat esoteric sentence down then:

We Sold Our Soul for Rock and Roll; (self-explanatory) When the World Knows Your Name, As the World Bleeds Like a Virgin, (also, I hope, obvious) Off the Wall Home Thoughts from Abroad (Thoughts of home while  you're away, which may be a little strange (off the wall) Gracelands (grace ie occur on, lands (which) The Stranger, (also known as)The Man Who Sold the World, (who is a) Desperado, Once in a Very Blue Moon, (sometimes but very rarely) Plays Live. (Gigs at)

This should be easier to follow, I hope:

Hunting High and Low, Brothers in Arms Lovesexy Killers And They Have Escaped the Weight of Darkness, Reaching into Infinity After the Gold Rush, 2112, When the World Falls Down.

(A-ha/Dire Straits/Prince/Iron Maiden/Olafur Arnulds/Dragonforce/Neil Young/Rush/Balance of Power)

Darkness on the edge of town, down by the jetty. Freaks, faggots, drunks & junkies. They only come out at night.

Bruce Springsteen/Dr. Feelgood/GG Allin/Edgar Winter Group 

Rain Dogs, Hunting High and Low, Ride the Lightning On Every Street, Under a Blood Red Sky Somewhere in Time.

(Tom Waits/a-ha/Metallica/Dire Straits/U2/Iron Maiden)

#6 Aug 10, 2024, 03:35 PM Last Edit: Aug 10, 2024, 03:46 PM by Lisnaholic
You are conjuring up some dark scenarios, Psy-Fi and TH, as perhaps befits rock n roll's fascination with the gloomy underbelly of life. If you want a respite from the sinister characters that haunt your sentences:-

After bathing at Baxter's, loosen up naturally in a silent way looking thru pictures at an exhibition of rivers and religion

Jeff Airplane / Sons of Champlin / Miles Davis / Passport / ELP / John Fahey

Nice one, Lisna, and thanks for not letting this thread die.
Let's see if I can get a less "ominous/dark" one. Admittedly, this is a few sentences, more like a paragraph but anyhoo.

Well, Well! Said the Rocking Chair - The Cat is Out. Nevermind; By the Time it Gets Dark We Shall Overcome Day for Night: The Sun Also Rises, Born Again Into the Electric Castle. Exiles on Main Street, When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?

Yeah it's not great but anyway that's made up of:
(Dean Friedman/Judie Tzuke/Nirvana/Mary Black/Bruce Springsteen/Spock's Beard/Knight Area/Black Sabbath/Ayreon/Stones/Billie Eilish)

Thanks for the kind comment, Trollheart, and your latest paragraph. I think this is a fun game as it pushes us to create mildly surreal text without recourse to psychedelic or other Class A drugs. At least, that's the case with me; I can't speak to what you may be doing in the privacy of your own  home ;)

Quote from: Lisnaholic on Aug 11, 2024, 05:37 PMThanks for the kind comment, Trollheart, and your latest paragraph. I think this is a fun game as it pushes us to create mildly surreal text without recourse to psychedelic or other Class A drugs. At least, that's the case with me; I can't speak to what you may be doing in the privacy of your own  home ;)
Oh you'll see. You'll all see. You'll be sorry... everyone will be sorry....

I wouldn't pay £385 to see the Oasis reunion concert, but I'd pay £385 for a chance to witness this:-

When the eagle flies, the Grand Wazoo, dead, can dance with the Beatles in a gadda da vida.

(Traffic/Zappa/Dead Can Dance/Beatles/Iron Butterfly)