Hey gang!

I thought it might be fun to share some titles from our watchlists / to-do lists. Maybe we can write a little something about why we wanna watch them and why we haven't yet and others who have seen them can chip in on whether they think we should push the movie to the top or the bottom in our priorities - or maybe somewhere in between?

I'll go first and will choose a classic for this first mention.

Seven Samurai (1954) by Akira Kurosawa

I wanna watch it because it's an immortal classic and has had a huge impact on movies in general.

Yet I haven't yet because it's 3,5 hours long and I'm a little worried it's a slog.

So.. Is it dull or will it keep me thoroughly entertained for its considerable runtime?

Happiness is a warm manatee

It's a great and very entertaining movie. Didn't bore me at all.

I have around 1500 movies bookmarked. I've accepted that I'll probably never watch most of them.

I'm in a similar place as Seven Samurai with Lawrence of Arabia.

It seems to have a lot going for it, though. Peter O'Toole is handsome and it seems very ambitious.

It's also at 3+ hours, so similar runtime as Seven Samurai, I believe. I just find it a little hard to get started on these super long movies because I've no chance of getting through in one sitting. Probably not two.

But.. uhm, how good is it?

seven samurai is one of my favourite films. fantastic, never dull, and not a bit dated. go watch it already mate

Quote from: Marie Monday on Dec 06, 2023, 11:40 PMseven samurai is one of my favourite films. fantastic, never dull, and not a bit dated. go watch it already mate

Well, it would be because you're a jap freak.

I'll see if I can have it lined up for the weekend.

Thanks for your input!

Quote from: Guybrush on Dec 06, 2023, 11:17 PMI'm in a similar place as Seven Samurai with Lawrence of Arabia.

It seems to have a lot going for it, though. Peter O'Toole is handsome and it seems very ambitious.

It's also at 3+ hours, so similar runtime as Seven Samurai, I believe. I just find it a little hard to get started on these super long movies because I've no chance of getting through in one sitting. Probably not two.

But.. uhm, how good is it?

Seconding Marie. Rewatched it today and loved it once again. Fantastic and incredibly entertaining.

Lawrence of Arabia we saw a while ago, but not Seven Samurai quite yet. It's bumped up, though 🙂

I was also recently reminded that I should watch Kiss of the Spider Woman from 1985.. Anyone seen that one? 🤔

The Godfather (1972)
The Godfather Part II (1974)
The Exterminator (1980)
The Godfather Part III (1990)
Scent of a Woman (1992)
Braindead (1992)
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)
Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith (2005)
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983)
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)
Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)
Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)
Iron Man (2008)
The Equalizer (2014)
Etc

I'm very confused on how Star Wars has to start on Episode IV but whatever.

"I am the son
And the heir
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar"

I wouldn't bother with star wars at all honestly

Quote from: Marie Monday on Apr 16, 2024, 01:03 AMI wouldn't bother with star wars at all honestly

That makes sense I found a list of how you're supposed to watch it like in order and it was pretty long.

"I am the son
And the heir
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar"

Quote from: Janiya on Apr 16, 2024, 01:10 AMThat makes sense I found a list of how you're supposed to watch it like in order and it was pretty long.

You can watch it in numerical order or based off of when it was released.

Personally, I would go with release dates.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: Marie Monday on Apr 16, 2024, 01:03 AMI wouldn't bother with star wars at all honestly

Yeah, Star Wars is lame af. Liked it as a kid but that's basically who it is for.

Quote from: Guybrush on Jan 02, 2024, 07:44 PMI was also recently reminded that I should watch Kiss of the Spider Woman from 1985.. Anyone seen that one? 🤔

I watched that maybe 15 years ago and I remember pretty much nothing about it.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

I would say this but would only apply it to 7, 8, and 9. The first 6 are actually perfectly good movies if you're not taking it too seriously. Revenge of the Sith is one of my favorites but the new sequel is just god awful trash.

I was a big Star Wars fan in the late 90s, it's pure nostalgia to me now and I think I can agree that it's not really something I would probably enjoy if I saw it for the first time as an adult.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards