1 (100%)
The Harder They Fall (2021)
0 (0%)
The Unforgiven (1992)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: Sep 29, 2023, 11:28 AM

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Jan 24, 2023, 12:29 AM
QuoteI think this burgeoning little club of ours could DEFINITELY need someone who likes to get high and watch Meet the Feebles. What do you say? :)

I would love to join!

My only worry is staying consistent; I'm not sure what I would do about movies that aren't on Netflix or free streaming, it's not within our budget to pay for another streaming service.

But I'll participate when I am able, so sign me up!

Don't worry: I've got yer back there.  :beer:  :pssst:

Next week will be polling time. Any other suggestions for things to see?

Following Troll's example suggesting two movies, I'd like to suggest Wild At Heart because it's one of two Lynch films I've not yet seen (the other one being The Straight Story).

I remember a certain person here doesn't like Lynch but I'm assuming that's because of the unintelligibleness (??) of movies like Mulholland Dr. or Lost Highway with actors swapping characters and dopplegangers and whatnot. My impression is that Wild at Heart is more cohesive (more like Blue Velvet perhaps?) and is a love story between two young people played by Nicholas Cage and Laura Dern. I also think there might be really bad people after them, but I'm not too eager to spoil myself in any case.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Dear film club. First movie to win a poll and get chosen for our viewing pleasure is Heavenly Creatures. Feel free to watch it at your own leisure.

I'll make a thread :)

#18 Feb 12, 2023, 09:24 AM Last Edit: Feb 12, 2023, 09:26 AM by Guybrush
Next week will be polling week, but I forgot to ask for suggestions.

Which movies would you like to watch? Give me your one or two suggestions :)

Here's one from me (sorry Trolls):

Mad God (2022)

Stop motion animator Phil Tippett worked on this as a side-project for something like 30 years. It seems like it might be inspired by Dante's Divine Comedy, bringing the viewer on a trip through hell for a look on that grotesque fantasy world, its inhabitants and the tortures inflicted on them.

Sounds good to me :laughing:

I'll make another suggestion later on. I figure we can collect suggestions and then run a poll from Thursday.

There was only my one suggestion, so that means.... Mad God is this week's assignment!

I'll also take your suggestions, although I do suggest we keep it down to one suggestion each for next week. At least for now.

My suggestion for next week's poll will be..

Midnight Run is a crime action/comedy movie from the 80s featuring Bob DeNiro in the lead role. I've bever seen it, but it is supposedly a lot of fun, so.. it's been on my to-do list for quite a while now.

Midnight Run is up!

I'll take suggestions for next movie as well 🙂

I'm not quite sure whether or not I can actually get a hold of it, but I would like to suggest Chairman of the Board as our next movie. @Mrs. Waffles gave it a glowing review as her favourite bad movie. Sounds good to me.

Everybody of course loves prop comedian Carrot Top. He stars in this 90s comedy where I'm just going to assume he takes over a company for some reason and probably runs it to the ground. Or more likely, it all turns out fine and there's some wishy washy moral twist at the end? I don't actually know what it's about, but I'm willing to find out. ;D

Hahaha, yes! One of the most obnoxious films I've ever seen and I love every minute of it. I would love to hear SCD's thoughts on it.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

I don't know if I can commit to watching that movie. :laughing:  I'll say this though: I saw Carrot Top live in 1994, thought he would suck, and was pleasantly surprised by how funny he was.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

I don't know.. Carrot Top has always seemed cringe to me, especially when he got weirdly buff and all that. But I've never watched his standup and I guess it makes sense he'd be good at it. He is famous after all.

As a side note, so many famous comedians had some very defined schtick or physicality back in the 80s and into the 90s. I'm thinking of the likes of Rodney Dangerfield, Bob Goldthwait, Gilbert Gottfried, Pauly Shore and Jim Carrey.

Anyways, this week is polling week. If you'd like to suggest another movie, feel free to do so before.. say, thursday? :)

Sorry guys! I'm a week late with this announcement, but...

By way of being the only suggested movie, this week's film to watch is Chairman of the Board starring Carrot Top!

I'll also take suggestions on next movie.

#27 Apr 04, 2023, 11:36 PM Last Edit: Apr 05, 2023, 07:59 AM by Guybrush
Hoops, this is polling week and I haven't even made a suggestion.

In the hopes of getting some more eyes and ears on this beautiful, extravagant piece of art, I'd like to suggest Forbidden Zone.

Yes, yes, you're probably tired of my raving about it. But really, watching it is an experience and let's face it. It's probably healthy too.

The movie was made by Richard Elfman, brother of Danny Elfman, who just went and made a movie without knowing much about anything about how to get that done. It apparently cost him his house, but what is a house compared to the genius that is Forbidden Zone? The ultimate cult movie, it is funny, controversial, crazy and made with passion and vision. Everyone who likes weird things should watch it at least once.

Edit:

It should come with a disclaimer warning that it contains some extremely outdated and offensive jokes.

Sorry for being slow. With no other suggestions, Forbidden Zone it is 🙂

You are encouraged to watch it at your leisure.

The Changeling by Peter Medak.

It might just me you me and Tore going forward in the movie club but I'm down also give me a bit to find Forbidden Zone.

I was this cool the whole time.