What's your favorite exercise equip?

Besides manuals, a bench and a barbell, I really like my pull-up bar. Here's a picture of the type I got.

It's fits into a doorframe, so that's nice as it saves space. You can also toss it on the floor and use the handles for pushups, etc.

I came across a warm recommendation for ab-wheels as a useful gizmo for training upper body, so currently looking for that and a jump rope.

Happiness is a warm manatee

If I had a proper pull up bar I'd go for that but I'd probably say squat rack as I use it for so much.

Only God knows.

Probably my squat rack which includes a pull up bar. (It also has a cable pulley system but I could take it or leave it.)
Obviously one should also have a barbell, weights and a bench to fully make use of the rack.

This may well be standard equip at every gym.. and if so, I hope you'll excuse me :laughing:

But the rack at work looks like this:

And the bar has these gizmos:

So fastened to a vertical bar so it only moves straight up and it's got these hooks so you can always secure it to the rack at various heights. This is the second time I describe this, but I didn't have the pictures last time.

I absolutely love it for squats! Not quite so much for bench presses.

It's called a Smith Machine. It has the benefit of additional stability however it can also force one into a less comfortable bar bath or body position on some lifts. Imo it's a fine piece of equipment but it also doesn't completely replace free weights.

Quote from: grindy on Sep 06, 2023, 09:53 AMIt's called a Smith Machine. It has the benefit of additional stability however it can also force one into a less comfortable bar bath or body position on some lifts. Imo it's a fine piece of equipment but it also doesn't completely replace free weights.

Yes, I think that's kinda what I felt about doing bench presses.

Luckily, there are also free weights there and holders for that too.

You could also try doing your Bulgarian split squats on that, Tore. Just find a stool that enables you to rest your balancing/non working leg.

Go light obviously but your legs will explode.

You could train your calves with it too.

Looks like you've got a nice set up at work mate. Will you be using it often?

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Sep 06, 2023, 07:07 PMYou could also try doing your Bulgarian split squats on that, Tore. Just find a stool that enables you to rest your balancing/non working leg.

Go light obviously but your legs will explode.

You could train your calves with it too.

Looks like you've got a nice set up at work mate. Will you be using it often?

Good ideas! Already thought of the calves potential. The Bulgarian splits.. you mean while also using the barbell? Ooo, sounds like a quick route to some sweet burns.

I plan on using it at least a couple of times per week, probably more.

You can see there's a bunch of different size manuals in the back, so did my biceps curl drop set there. I loved that.

There's also a couple of rowing machines.

Yeh with the barbell also. Try it just with the barbell before adding weights then take it from there if your form and everything is good and you feel comfortable.

I can see the resistance bands so I assume you have been doing something with those? You could do triceps pushdowns in multiple ways and also work your shoulders with those. And your bis. Looks like you can do pullups too as well as rows.

Honestly you can do so much with that.

Only God knows.