YouTube highlight videos of Ronaldinho or Bergkamp or Messi or Henry or Maradona or Romario or whoever else you love watching are among the best things in life. But the music that accompanies them is usually the worst. You can either have the energy to collect and edit together great footage OR you have a decent taste in music. Never the twain shall meet apparently.

So the question is, what songs would you edit into highlights reels of some of your favorite players if you were someone who does great football videos?

I'll begin. I need to see Ronaldinho doing his dancing to this tune

Always found this song consonant with Yaya Touré: power and flair but with an air of melancholy

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Here's one for Grealish the rat

I'll be back with more soon.

Only God knows.

One of my all time favorite players. The English usually hated him as a cheat, which he was, but he was also one of the most inspired and intelligent midfield schemers. Unreal close control made up for lack of pace and physicality. Right now I'd choose this Jun Togawa number (maybe because he looks vaguely Asian?) 

They were a bunch of shits but also some really creative players

For Coutinho I want a sad song, cause there's something sad about his career. One of the world's greatest talents, played like a hybrid of Ronaldinho and Iniesta, and not a whole lot to show for it.

And then some players have songs written about them.  :)

This one is for former Burnley striker Ashley Barnes. Its not bad.

Bacchus - Ashley Barnes

Best song I've heard about a footballer is that dance tune that came out for Zidane about ten years ago.

Was genuinely good.

Only God knows.