I usually gravitate toward classic, simple, linear language-based games like Scrabble and Boggle, but last summer I was introduced to a fun series of games called "Vinyl."

The game's mechanisms are that of Hand Management and Set Collection where you build a vinyl collection while shopping in a record store.

The indie game was crowdfunded on Kickstarter and has since expanded to additional editions like Vinyl: Holiday, Vinyl: Jukebox, and Vinyl: Totally Awesome 80's. I've played most of the offshoot and they're fun variations on the central theme which introduce new dynamics and elements, and with the exception of Totally Awesome 80's expansion deck do not require the original version to play.

Understandably, the creators were not able to use real album names or artwork, but it doesn't detract from the enjoyment factor of building collections and the challenge and strategy balances well with the luck-of-the-draw elements of the gameplay.

The base game is for 1-5 players age 10 and up and is more fun and more challenging the more people join.

I was glad that I could help support an indie game series like this and will have fun playing it again in the future.

If you're curious, there are some introductory videos about the game on their official site at https://talonstrikes.games/product/vinyl/.

(I'm like this all the time.)

Cool! That actually sounds like it could be a lot of fun 🙂

I'll check it out!

Happiness is a warm manatee