And another...

Ever wondered what happened to that band you used to listen to and haven't heard from since? No? Then fuck you. If however this is something that has occasionally occurred to you, this may be the place to find out. I'm going to be looking into the careers of artists who had what are termed one-hit-wonders (which I feel is often very much a misnomer; just because they only hit the chart once doesn't mean they hadn't a successful music career) and also those who may have had one big album and then were no longer heard from again, or who were big in a certain era and then seem to have dropped off the face of the earth. Did they break up/get out of the business? Did they plod along with poorly-selling albums? Did they end up with a big fanbase but no more commercial success? Are they even still alive? Did they find Jesus? He's usually down the side of the sofa or fallen behind the fridge, though often also found in jail.

These are the questions I'll be looking into here. No reviews, as such, and nothing terribly deep, but a basic idea of "where are they now?" as I try to trace the career of each artists and see where, if anywhere, they ended up. If you would like me to trace someone for you, fuck off. No seriously: let me know and I'll do my digging. My rates are twenty dollars an hour plus expenses. All right then, ten. With expenses. Without expenses. Oh, all right: I'll do it for free. Cheapskates.

I already have a list of artists I want to find out about myself.
And here it is.

(These may or may not be done in order, depending on how I feel and what other projects attract my hummingbird-like interest. More will almost certainly be added as I think of them.)

Timbuk3
Paul Young
F.R. David
King
Johnny Hates Jazz
M
Icehouse
The Thompson Twins
Howard Jones
Kajagoogoo
John Parr
Climie Fisher