Recently I've been checking out albums I haven't heard in years upon years, for example listening to Automatic for the People by R.E.M. at the moment and I haven't heard it since I was getting into music in early high school.

What's an album you've forgotten about/had forgotten that recently became a hidden gem of yours?

Aside from Automatic for the People, here's another blast from my past

"I own the mail" or whatever Elph said

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

I recently rediscovered this from my late teens :laughing: it's drinking music.

One More Megabyte by Toy Dolls

Title track goes like this:

It's obviously music for another time and my tastes have evolved a lot since then, but I still like it :)

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: tristan_geoff on Jan 14, 2023, 07:14 AMRecently I've been checking out albums I haven't heard in years upon years, for example listening to Automatic for the People by R.E.M. at the moment and I haven't heard it since I was getting into music in early high school.

What's an album you've forgotten about/had forgotten that recently became a hidden gem of yours?

Hi, tristan ! Nice to see you here, and congrats on a cool avatar, whatever it is I may be looking at  :-\

By chance, I was quite moved the other day when I listened to Supertramp's first album, which I last heard about 45 years ago. Suddenly I was back in the livingroom where me and my pals used to listen too it on a regular basis. Back then they were a little known band, and we were like a secret brotherhood, sitting around up to no good and listening to a band no one had heard of. Regardless of other opinions, I still see that album as Supertramp's finest hour:-

To get lost is to learn the way.

Badfinger - Straight Up (1971)

This one recently came up in a thread at MB and it was an album I hadn't listened to in probably 40+ years. I had forgotten all about it but when I re-listened to it, I was struck by how good it sounded and how good of an album it is. It also got me listening to their other albums and getting into some of their other songs from those albums.

Rare Bird - Epic Forest (1972)

One of those early West Coast flavored prog records that is just exceptionally well put together, but hadn't really given it the due it deserved til recently. Been spinning it off and on the past week and the songwriting is just superb without overstaying or overindulging.

^ Nice D :) Never heard of the album or even the band before.

Happiness is a warm manatee