Just experienced a total music coincidence!

I saw a live video in my social media feed of Prodigy performing "Fuel My Fire," the album-closer from Fat of the Land.

I thought, "you know, the song is structured almost identically to L7's "Riding with a Movie Star." I remembered the song from an industrial/grunge metal mixtape someone made me back in high school.

So I Googled it. Lo and behold, "Fuel My Fire" was originally written and performed by L7. And not only that, it's from the same LP as "Riding with a Movie Star!"

Crazy!

(I'm like this all the time.)

Was listening to this tune again today. A steady drum and bass rhythm. The keys noodle the verses and the horns lay down the choruses. The keys solo at 2:14 until 3:15 is quite dirty.

Paolo Zavallone ‎– Papillon Rouge (1975)

:laughing:

This song man, makes no sense when MAGA hat wearers don't like black people.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Apr 23, 2024, 07:54 PM

This song man, makes no sense when MAGA hat wearers don't like black people.

Is this song sarcastic?

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 23, 2024, 09:09 PMIs this song sarcastic?

Nope I found other black maga rap songs while looking for the extended version of one that I found posted on X recently.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Apr 23, 2024, 11:16 PMNope I found other black maga rap songs while looking for the extended version of one that I found posted on X recently.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

#519 Apr 25, 2024, 05:37 PM Last Edit: Apr 25, 2024, 05:40 PM by DJChameleon

I saw this clip on IG and had to find the full video. Now I'm a Camilla fan.

Full video is so weird and trying to be random but I like some of the concepts. Getting beer poured out of a gas station pump.  :love:

Also as many times as I have listened to this song. I can't understand what Playboi Carti is saying. Grrrrr mumble rap

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Country_Disco

He's here, he's queer and he's made a great album.

If you like catchy pop or disco or synthpop or just want to feel good and happy then get this. It is really good.

Only God knows.

Enjoying some nostalgia

And also revisited Missing Persons. I like this one:

Happiness is a warm manatee