Serge Gainsbourg / Charlotte Gainsbourg - Lemon Incest

Boys Dont Cry - I Wanna Be a Cowboy

Sheena Easton - What Comes Naturally

Eric Carmen - All By Myself

Sepultura - Territory

Olivia Newton John - Xanadu

I saw a Witch Club Satan gig yesterday which was a lot of fun, so here's some for you as well:

Happiness is a warm manatee

A bit of later stage Genesis perhaps. I've never not liked Phil Collins' voice. And certainly some Sergent Pepper / Beatles vibes.

Genesis - Pigeons (1977)

Quote from: Saulaac on Mar 16, 2024, 09:14 PMA bit of later stage Genesis perhaps. I've never not liked Phil Collins' voice. And certainly some Sergent Pepper / Beatles vibes.

Genesis - Pigeons (1977)

I like it 🙂 nice song.

About voice, how do you feel about Phil Vs Peter? Or did I ask that already? 🤔

Quote from: Guybrush on Mar 17, 2024, 07:50 AMI like it 🙂 nice song.

About voice, how do you feel about Phil Vs Peter? Or did I ask that already? 🤔

From what I remember, they sound quite similar imo. Especially on the higher notes. If say someone put on a Genesis song on a juke box, the chances are I wouldn't know what year it was from and therefore wouldn't know which P it was.

I probably subscribe to the traditional school of prog fans and say that Peter was "better" because he was the original vocalist during their best era. (Hope I haven't rubbed any G fans up the wrong way with my blissful ignorance haha   :embarassed:  :palmface: )

Quote from: Saulaac on Mar 17, 2024, 11:45 PMFrom what I remember, they sound quite similar imo. Especially on the higher notes. If say someone put on a Genesis song on a juke box, the chances are I wouldn't know what year it was from and therefore wouldn't know which P it was.

I probably subscribe to the traditional school of prog fans and say that Peter was "better" because he was the original vocalist during their best era. (Hope I haven't rubbed any G fans up the wrong way with my blissful ignorance haha   :embarassed:  :palmface: )

My wife also thinks they sound similar 😄 I'm like.. But Peter Gabriel is so much more husky!! I definitely like PG more, but I'll say his voice and the way it's produced isn't great in early Genesis (imo). Something happens when he becomes a solo artist and then I love it.

I think I posted this song in this thread already, but I'll repost as it's on topic and interesting as they both sing on it 😊

^ That's a very nice song, GuyBrush, but I still couldn't really tell the difference between Gabriel and Collins. Was Collins mostly doing the backing vocals?

From memory, Gabriel did well with "Sledgehammer" and Collins did well with "In the Air Tonight". Both were great songs in UK.

Listened to a bit of Zopp. I got this CD for the car a couple of years ago and I've been banging out "Before The Light". A gentle heavy Canterbury rock sound.

Quote from: Saulaac on Mar 19, 2024, 10:05 PM^ That's a very nice song, GuyBrush, but I still couldn't really tell the difference between Gabriel and Collins. Was Collins mostly doing the backing vocals?

Peter Gabriel sings first and Collins joins on backing vocals eventually. Around 1:55 or so, Collins takes over lead vocal duties for a short minute or so before Peter returns and does most of it as the song comes to a close 🙂

Fever Ray is an interesting artist 🤔 I kinda like this.

Superdrag - "Sucked Out" (1996)

(I'm like this all the time.)