Come on: we all love a good showtune. Don't pretend you don't.

"A Couple of Swells" - from Easter Parade

"Gethsemane (I Only Want to Say)" from Jesus Christ Superstar

Only heard this last week but loved it.

"Defying Gravity" from Wicked

Not just a good song, but also an amazing dance scene.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Janszoon on Feb 23, 2023, 01:36 PM

An absolute classic!

Funny story, there was a period a couple years ago where I got on a roll of constantly singing that song every time I would say good morning to my partner, haha. That was back in 2020 and that year is such a blur to me that I completely forgot I used to do that.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

My favorite musical

The Word has spoken :D

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Feb 23, 2023, 01:47 PM
Quote from: Janszoon on Feb 23, 2023, 01:36 PM

An absolute classic!

Funny story, there was a period a couple years ago where I got on a roll of constantly singing that song every time I would say good morning to my partner, haha. That was back in 2020 and that year is such a blur to me that I completely forgot I used to do that.
That's really funny because that same thing happened with me and a former coworker a few years ago. We didn't sing the whole thing or anything but just greeted each other by singing "Good morning! Good mooooorning!" We did it so much that eventually I looked the song up on YouTube and was so blown away by the dance routine that I went and watched the movie, which I also ended up loving.

Quote from: Janszoon on Feb 23, 2023, 01:55 PMThat's really funny because that same thing happened with me and a former coworker a few years ago. We didn't sing the whole thing or anything but just greeted each other by singing "Good morning! Good mooooorning!" We did it so much that eventually I looked the song up on YouTube and was so blown away by the dance routine that I went and watched the movie, which I also ended up loving.

Wow, that's amazing, haha. I also just sang the "good morning" part, something about it really is kind of addictive to sing.

The movie is a great one! I grew up watching a whole bunch of old movies, my mom grew up in the 50s and always had stuff like that on in our house when I was a kid.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Other than the original 'West Side Story,' I've never cared much for musicals or show tunes but this one popped into my head several days ago and I find it rather amusing...

Ethel Merman - There's No Business Like Show Business

This is probably my favourite :laughing:

I have been known to break out in song every now and then singing this, but I try to keep it inside the house.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Ya gotta love this one!

"Mean Green Mother from Outer Space" from Little Shop of Horrors

Yes! I love The Little Shop of Horrors :D

To my wife's horror, I got our much-too-young daughter hooked on it. She doesn't mind the plant so much, but Steve Martin as the dentist is a bit too much (though what a lovely performance :laughing:)

Not only did I love Little Shop of Horrors when I was growing up, but I was actually in a school production of it when I was in my teens!

And nobody thought of this one?

The Word has spoken :D

Oh man I fucking HATE The RHPS!

I love RHPS too. Let's do the time warp :)

This may be stretching the definition a bit, but while on the topic of weird musicals.. From The Forbidden Zone:

Some classic big hitters...

"Phantom of the Opera" (forget what it's from: Waters was apparently seriously pissed but understood the futility of taking on ALW in a copyright battle...)

"All I Ask of You"

"Look Down" from Les Miserables