Quote from: Trollheart on Mar 08, 2023, 01:14 PMJust want to say I LOVE your new avvy! So cool and classy! :thumb:

Oh gosh, thank you!

I drew it in MS Paint, like all my art. It's quick and dirty but it does the job, haha.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Oh wow you made it?I offically hate you.  :laughing:  :love:
You're really talented! Well done!

Quote from: Trollheart on Mar 08, 2023, 04:32 PMOh wow you made it?I offically hate you.  :laughing:  :love:
You're really talented! Well done!

Thank you! The symbol on the heart is my personal symbol that my partner and I designed, I explain it a bit more in the "what is your avatar" thread.

It has a special significance to both of us, and right now we're trying to get some custom accessories made that have that symbol.

Quote from: fire on Mar 04, 2023, 10:41 PMMy recommendation for Mrs. Waffles
Discovered last year I only listened once to the album.

Ikivirta
by Sarah Palu

released March 12, 2020

I enjoyed this album! I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but it was a cool hybrid of acoustic folksy sounds and classical string parts, very evocative and reminded me of modern film scores. I really dig how intricate it is, the different musical parts weave and interlock together in a really satisfying way. A lot of it has a sort of wintery vibe as well, which is very much up my alley. I really enjoyed track 6's more ambient peaceful vibe, and it's so good it makes me wish it was longer. Overall this is very good stuff, thank you for the recommendation!

Quote from: Trollheart on Mar 07, 2023, 05:19 PM

Woe by An Abstract Illusion, courtesy of Tristan

I fucking love this album! When Tristan suggested it I thought it might be some sort of doom metal, and I think I was right, except it's absolutely, to use a word I hate but which fits, awesome. The textures, the moods evoked by the music, which is really as close to ambient metal as it comes, with tons of progressive metal, some black metal, death metal, you name it, it's here. In earlier days, the sudden shock of the growling death vocals would have turned me off in disappointment, but here they work perfectly to complement the dark and troubling soundscapes laid down by the band. They appear to Swedish, and kind of nobody is entirely sure how to categorise their music, but my god, I think the words terrible beauty encapsulate it well. Just a riveting, continuous tapestry of hard-hitting metal with softer edges, kind of like being spoken dirty to by an angel, or as Douglas Adams once put it, havng your brains smashed out with a slice of lemon. Wrapped around a large gold brick.

Best tracks come towards the end, with "Prosperity", "Blomsterkrans", "In the Heavens Above, You Will Become a Monster" (with completely unexpected female vocals) and "This Torment Has No End, Only New Beginnings," but I love everything here. Will be downloading the album and any more from them, and if you have any more recs for this sort of music, Mr. T., lay them on me! Superb.

Rating: 10/10. Fuck it: 11/10

Hell yeah I'm glad you loved it :) I'll try to listen to your rec tonight, and if you want some more music like that I've been digging the new Periphery

"I own the mail" or whatever Elph said

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

I seem to remember listening to a Periphery album (two I think) and not being impressed. Chaos or somethng like that? Oh no nothing like that: Juggernaut Alpha, on checking back. And Juggernaut Omega. Didn't sound anything like that album to my mind.

Quote from: Trollheart on Mar 11, 2023, 04:35 AMI seem to remember listening to a Periphery album (two I think) and not being impressed. Chaos or somethng like that? Oh no nothing like that: Juggernaut Alpha, on checking back. And Juggernaut Omega. Didn't sound anything like that album to my mind.

they're similar in that they're both heavily relient on progressive chord changes but that's probably about it lol.  Other than that, do you like Altar of Plagues or Svalbard?

"I own the mail" or whatever Elph said

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

Trollheart do you want to be my pair?

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Mar 10, 2023, 06:12 PM
Quote from: fire on Mar 04, 2023, 10:41 PMMy recommendation for Mrs. Waffles
Discovered last year I only listened once to the album.

Ikivirta
by Sarah Palu

released March 12, 2020

I enjoyed this album! I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but it was a cool hybrid of acoustic folksy sounds and classical string parts, very evocative and reminded me of modern film scores. I really dig how intricate it is, the different musical parts weave and interlock together in a really satisfying way. A lot of it has a sort of wintery vibe as well, which is very much up my alley. I really enjoyed track 6's more ambient peaceful vibe, and it's so good it makes me wish it was longer. Overall this is very good stuff, thank you for the recommendation!

glad that you liked it  :)
I have chosen the first track Alkuääni for a song contest on facebook and it won first place, it was a theme contest "winter/christmas/holidays"

@Janszoon wanna go again? :) I need some input!

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: fire on Mar 11, 2023, 11:27 PMTrollheart do you want to be my pair?
Sorry, fire: only saw this now.
Sure, sock it to me.
Do you want to use the same album (and me use the one I have) or start a new pairing, as it were?
Sorry for the late reply.

Quote from: Guybrush on Mar 23, 2023, 06:35 PM@Janszoon wanna go again? :) I need some input!

Sorry, I just noticed this! I'm up for it if you still are.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Janszoon on Mar 30, 2023, 03:10 AM
Quote from: Guybrush on Mar 23, 2023, 06:35 PM@Janszoon wanna go again? :) I need some input!

Sorry, I just noticed this! I'm up for it if you still are.

Brilliant 🙂 I'll send you my album pick later today.

Quote from: Trollheart on Mar 30, 2023, 02:51 AM
Quote from: fire on Mar 11, 2023, 11:27 PMTrollheart do you want to be my pair?
Sorry, fire: only saw this now.
Sure, sock it to me.
Do you want to use the same album (and me use the one I have) or start a new pairing, as it were?
Sorry for the late reply.
thanks
a new album will be fine  :)

@Janszoon are you familiar with the 1980  album Feminina by Brazilian artist Joyce?

If not, that will be my pick 🙂 if you already know it, I'd like to find something else.