What should be the theme for the March contest?

Madness/Insanity/Paranoia
3 (60%)
Anything Irish
1 (20%)
Food, Cooking, and Dining
1 (20%)
Aliens
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: Feb 17, 2023, 01:23 PM

Do I get to wear a wig?

I can barely read and write as it is. I'd be an imbecile as a judge. A complete imbecile.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Would it be within the rules to take something I've already written and trim it to 700 words or does it have to be something new?

#18 Feb 18, 2023, 01:19 PM Last Edit: Feb 18, 2023, 05:49 PM by Trollheart
Quote from: Trollheart on Feb 17, 2023, 09:07 PMDo I get to wear a wig?

You can wear stockings and high heels for all I care :D
[/quote]

Hey man that hurts! I told you that in confidence...  :o 
Quote from: Guybrush on Feb 17, 2023, 11:25 PMI can barely read and write as it is. I'd be an imbecile as a judge. A complete imbecile.

That's okay. We've had imbeciles as judges on the writing forum too. :D
[/quote]
It's practically required for qualification!
Quote from: robhr on Feb 18, 2023, 07:03 AMWould it be within the rules to take something I've already written and trim it to 700 words or does it have to be something new?

Who would know anyway? I've done this once or twice. I've written a new one for this, though.
QuoteOkay, so I still need two judges along with myself. Does Trollheart go drag queen? :D
If I can just keep these false... uggh.. oh now! I was going to say eyelashes! If I can get them to stay in...

The Word has spoken :D

The preceding post was not made by Rubber Soul but by me, accidentally apparently editing instead of posting. Don't want anyone thinking he wears stockings and high heels...

Or, um, that I do...
:shycouch:

Don't forget. Here, at least, I can edit yours too NYAHH! NYAHH!

Oh no! Has it come to this? Was it always meant to? Are we doomed to EDIT WARS???!!!

#22 Feb 19, 2023, 03:56 AM Last Edit: Feb 19, 2023, 04:02 AM by Lady of Synth
Just confirming, we're locked in for the insanity theme, correct? I have a bit of free time tonight to write, so I'd like to get started and I wanted to know if it's totally decided. Thanks in advance!

Edit: nevermind, I didn't see RS's last post on the last page.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Don't forget, the contest doesn't start until March 1 so don't post anything till then. That's when the rules will be posted.

Not even sure why you need judges to be honest. Isn't it normally a case of everyone votes and whoever gets the most votes wins? Has been, on any writing competition on any site I've been on.

It shouldn't be a popularity contest, Trolls. the idea is to hopefully give good critique to the entries. I probably won't submit an entry as it will give me independence as a judge.

By the way, the basic criteria would be to A) check on grammar (and hopefully we can note the different English and American spellings), if you find that the story flows, how plausible it is, etc. And, of course, how much you like the entry. You can grade it anyway you like on a scale of 1-10. I'd tally up the scores and would announce the winner at the end of the month.

So does that sound like a plan?

PS- You didn't enter any contests at WF, did you? We always did critiques there.

You mean I can't just buy votes??

With a picture you stole from Dreamtime? Really?  ::)

Shut up! Here's more money! And I can get more! Just give me.... twenty-three hours and forty-nine minutes.

What about @Lisnaholic? Although I guess this might look a little too similar to his regular job 😅

Happiness is a warm manatee