So this may be a weirdly specific gripe. You're welcome.

I just saw an article about how there are no rivers in Elden Ring. There are swamps and lakes, but no apparent transport of water from one body of water to the next. Unrealistic, right?

But I'm thinking there are much bigger offenders. Take Assassin's Creed Valhalla. You can be next to the sea, a river or a lake and go down into a cave or even a well and it's usually all nice and dry. These caves and wells should be drenched. Why else dig a well? It seems to be a world entirely without ground water. The same problem actually applies to Elden Ring too and is a much bigger problem, to my mind, than a lack of rivers. At least rivers can dry up, but it's hard to explain why there's no ground water right next to the ocean.

So, uh, anyone else have a gripe about unrealistic game worlds? :laughing:

Happiness is a warm manatee

Super Mario Bros. No matter how many pipes I've climbed into, I've never warped to anywhere.  >:(

This is what you want. This is what you get.

You know, I've always wondered what those pipes were for. They lead to caves and stuff with coins and goombas in them? Why? Who put them there?

They should get George R. R. Martin or someone to flesh out that world and add some realism to it.

Happiness is a warm manatee

It was the Supreme Plumber.

This is what you want. This is what you get.