Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 26, 2023, 03:44 PMI was going to play Elden Ring at some point based off the reviews but looking at the game it looks similar to ESVS so I haven't bothered yet.

The only game I play is GTAV pretty much.

Elden Ring is nothing like Skyrim. Elden Ring is much better - on account of the great combat.

Yes, while both are fantasy open world games, they play quite differently.

Something I liked about Elden Ring is the world was filled with surprises in terms of landscape, design, monsters etc. There was a joy to exploring it that I don't usually feel now that most of us have gotten so used to open world games.

Also the combat is a lot of fun.

When I'd finished it, I didn't want it to be over.

Happiness is a warm manatee

The only thing that kinda sucks about Elden Ring is that a large amount of the joy it brings is, like you said, that initial wonder and surprise you get when you first explore the world. It's a pretty huge game with a lot of different tricks up its sleeve - but once you get through the game a first time, you're not going to have that wonder and curiosity as much with subsequent runs. As a result, I've felt a lot less compelled to play the game again since I completed essentially everything last year. It's a trade off for sure, and given how well it sold, the trade off seemed to work, but I hope FromSoftware doesn't abandon its more structured, less open world design in favor of Elden Ring's style of open world for all their future souls-like games.

Oh man, Elden Ring. That game consumed my fiance for what felt like months when it came out. My only exposure to video games these days is through him, and for quite a while that game was the only thing he played.

I love watching him play the Dark Souls style games though. We had many a late night staying up playing Bloodborne with the lights off back in early 2019. Love the aesthetic of that game.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Feb 08, 2023, 04:32 PMI still play online, ten years old and still amazing. Such an incredible game.

Is anyone else a fan of this work of art?

Idk why but I couldn't be bothered with GTA V online. When GTA 4 online came out. I played that for what seemed like forever but it didn't cross over to GTA V. I didn't care enough to really get into it. I like the base game/story but that's it.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on May 12, 2023, 12:00 PMIdk why but I couldn't be bothered with GTA V online. When GTA 4 online came out. I played that for what seemed like forever but it didn't cross over to GTA V. I didn't care enough to really get into it. I like the base game/story but that's it.

I hated GTA 4. The driving was so sluggish and bad and I don't think NY is a good location for the game.

If they sorted the driving out I might give it another go.

Only God knows.

I'm from NY so I guess I liked seeing NY in the game. The multiplayer didn't have much to do with driving so I didn't mind it.

I was this cool the whole time.

I was playing online recently and another player appeared out of nowhere. He was almost entirely naked but wearing a Jock strap and dog's collar. He then just kept walking up to me and licking me.

It was absolutely surreal. Never had that happen before.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 27, 2023, 02:08 AMI was playing online recently and another player appeared out of nowhere. He was almost entirely naked but wearing a Jock strap and dog's collar. He then just kept walking up to me and licking me.

It was absolutely surreal. Never had that happen before.

I've only had it happen in real life.

This is what you want. This is what you get.