Hi.

I was curious on who your writing influences might be and what would be your writing style.

As for me, I like to write satire, both political and social as well as with pop culture. I like to think I am a disciple of what would be called stream of consciousness. In that, I mean, I will come up with an idea, and come up with more ideas to compliment the original one (if that makes sense). Anyway, I seem to come up with my best stuff when I'm writing while deep in thought. But that's me.

So how about you? Do you like horror, romance, children's books? Which writers influence you the most? :)

The Word has spoken :D

Kind of an interesting story for me.

I never liked reading books very much as a youngster, and I became a writer mainly because it was hard to find books that I liked, so I wrote my own. The Garth Marenghi quote "I've written more books than I've read" might not be far off from my reality. I started out writing fanfiction circa 2000 and original fiction in 2003. I started writing about one of my other passions, music, around that time as well.

I wrote a lot of pretty awful fantasy between 2003 and 2016 or so. I wouldn't say I'm proud of anything I wrote in my teens or 20s. I am currently working on a mystery sci-fi psycho-thriller trilogy that I really want to be my masterpiece.

I am inspired in large part by my own life, my own sense of aesthetics, and, speaking as a writer of adult fiction, my views on and experiences in relationships. My writing is true to my own life and my values. All I need is a word processor and the truth, to paraphrase a classic music quote.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Most of what I write falls in the vicinity of weird fiction, horror, sci-fi, or magical realism. Some of my biggest influences are Kurt Vonnegut, Philip K. Dick, Richard Matheson, Neil Gaiman, Marlon James, Douglas Adams, Gabriel García Márquez, Junot Díaz, Ernest Hemingway, Haruki Murakami, Cormac McCarthy, Dashiell Hammett, Chester Himes, H.P. Lovecraft, and pulpy 1950s EC horror, sci-fi and crime comics.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

I generally write psychological drama but I dabble in every genre.