Quote from: innerspaceboy on Sep 12, 2024, 11:16 PMThanks for asking! I'm pleased to report that they were some of the highest-attended events we've ever held, and each inspired vigorous conversation. The community response was overwhelmingly positive.

I've launched a subsequent new event series where we screen conspiracy theory themed films and debunk/debate their validity. It's just a little trickier because we have to secure screening rights for each film.

You're welcome

Congrats on it going well! The lecture on Cosmic Inflation and the Beginning of the Universe with Will Kinney, looks very interesting.

https://cfiwny.org/lecture-series/

The short story, "All Summer in a Day" by Ray Bradbury has long been one of my favorites, up there with Asimov's "The Last Question," "The Last Answer" and Le Guin's "The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas." Today someone mentioned Bradbury's "Kaleidoscope" as being similarly impactful as "Summer."

I pulled out my signed complete Bradbury hardcovers and dug up "Kaleidoscope." Bawled like a child, just like "Summer." I needed that.

(I'm like this all the time.)

After reading the book about Washington, a huge take away I got is all the people arguing that Amercans couldn't have intentionally spread small pox to the natives are utterly full of shit because it's very clear that they did understand that you could spread the disease through infected items.

Not only that but they were inoculating people back then, too.

It was a very good and interesting book. Learning how most of the founding fathers abhorred slavery, how the French revolution was inspired by America and the birth of blatantly false & inflammatory propaganda by the Replubican movement against the Federalists.