Feb 21, 2023, 01:13 AM Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 08:02 AM by Guybrush
Do you like food? What food do you like to eat? What food do you dislike? What restaurants do you like? What are your controversial food opinions? Are you hungry?

This thread is for all things food.

Eat up!

Only God knows.

I try to like everything. If I don't like something I keep trying until I do. If people like things I don't like I feel like I'm missing out.

My favourite is pizza but the food I eat the most is Mexican.

I wouldn't consider myself a "foodie" per se but I do all the cooking in our household and I'd say I'm fairly adept at following and tweaking various diverse recipes. It helps to have been raised by a mother who did the same, and having access to her secret archive of recipes accumulated since the 1980s.

I'm a big fan of Italian food, always love a nice pasta dish. I'm generally a fan of hearty dishes; I am on a fairly strict calorie diet but it just means I have to portion differently.

The other day we had chicken breast in raspberry cream sauce, a personal favorite recipe.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

I'm a glutton and like just about anything, including dishes that others often find challenging. I like trying weird things and do so if I get the chance, like various fried bugs from a street vendor, fermented Greenland shark or lamb trotters wrapped in tripe.

My only problem with food is I have IBS and, uhm, let's just say it may be nice to have a toilet close by.. I love hot food, but it can upset my bowels literally for days. Fatty food and cod family of fish I also seem to react to, though not as bad.

Taking probiotics helped a lot, but had the unfortunate side effect of making me quickly gain like 10 pounds as I actually started digesting the things I eat :laughing:

Happiness is a warm manatee

Anyone got a decent chilli recipe?

8)

Only God knows.

Ate a pack of beef mince.

Only God knows.

Not plain beef mince I hope? :yikes:

canned soup with corn

https://twitter.com/shhon_
May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

Quote from: Marie Monday on Apr 30, 2023, 11:37 AMNot plain beef mince I hope? :yikes:

Pepper and stock cubes in. I'm not cheffing it up. It just needed to be eaten.

Only God knows.

Mate imagine the chili you could have made with it

Quote from: Marie Monday on May 02, 2023, 04:56 PMMate imagine the chili you could have made with it

Would have been a lot better than 2/5.

Only God knows.

Maybe I posted this somewhere else, but this is one of my top want-to-eat-foods out there :)

The fly-maggot-infested Casu Marzu cheese. I figure people wouldn't put live maggots in cheese unless it was really good. And I do love cheese!

Happiness is a warm manatee

bought the wild rice this time at the store to mix with the other Spanish style. I tried it the other day because that's all this small-town's store had. turned out so good I got both kinds this morning to mix together.

plus been eating the rice/chicken/sausage soup from the can, taking a cheap can of corn and draining the corn juice and dumping that corn into the soup like that photo I posted, pretty tasty

https://twitter.com/shhon_
May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

Quote from: Guybrush on May 03, 2023, 08:20 AMMaybe I posted this somewhere else, but this is one of my top want-to-eat-foods out there :)

The fly-maggot-infested Casu Marzu cheese. I figure people wouldn't put live maggots in cheese unless it was really good. And I do love cheese!

I posted about this on the other forum many years ago. Absolutely rancid. It's filled with maggot faeces. It's banned in the EU cos it's so dirty. And people have the cheek to criticise our cuisine!

Not trying to change your mind BTW hehe x

You'd probably have to go to Sardinia to try it. If you do you must review it mate.

Only God knows.

Quote from: Mindy on Apr 30, 2023, 11:51 AM

canned soup with corn

i respect that

simply adding corn considerably ups the quality of a budget meal

unshucked corn on the cob cooks really well in the microwave and is a much cheaper and healthier alternative to normal microwave stuff