But

a particle; a fragment of totality

You could always use an RNG (Random Number Generator) if you want. Or an RLG (Random Letter Generator). Letters can be represented by numbers obviously, then you use the RNG to select which album by that artist and then which track. It's a bit messy but if your music is all physical (CDs I assume, or LPs?) that would be the only way I could see of randomising it.

Or she can just pick a playlist tell us the concept of the playlist then put it on Shuffle and list off 10 songs

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: Trollheart on Sep 14, 2024, 06:17 PMYou could always use an RNG (Random Number Generator) if you want. Or an RLG (Random Letter Generator). Letters can be represented by numbers obviously, then you use the RNG to select which album by that artist and then which track. It's a bit messy but if your music is all physical (CDs I assume, or LPs?) that would be the only way I could see of randomising it.

I have like 50+ playlists currently, I'm just looking for any parameter to narrow it down. I don't want to choose the playlist for objectivity. And I want Lucem to pick for me. And to annoy dj.

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on Sep 14, 2024, 09:18 PMI have like 50+ playlists currently, I'm just looking for any parameter to narrow it down. I don't want to choose the playlist for objectivity. And I want Lucem to pick for me. And to annoy dj.

I was this cool the whole time.

You two are cute

Enough kerfuffles, get to the shuffles.

Next one up:

Vegas Shuffle - Rod Stewart (Blood Red Roses)
I Know - Soul Asylum (After the Flood: Live from the Grand Forks Proms)
Key to the Highway - Eric Clapton and B.B. King (Riding with the King)
I'm On My Last Go-round - Leadbelly (The Blues Collection Volume 30)
Litorali - Rondo Veneziano (Fantasia D'Inverno)
Life of the Bird - Cinematic Orchestra (Falling)
Lost in Translation  Threshold (Legend of the Shires - Deluxe Edition)
All the Aces - Motorhead (Bomber)
Train Song - Tom Waits (Franks Wild Years)

I Come Alive (Date with an Angel)* Russell Hitchcock (Russell Hitchcock)

* (More like Date with a Bullet!) ::)  ::)

Wifisfuneral - Hills

Pissgrave - Suicide Euphoria

Ouija Macc - Juggalord (FREESTYLE)

Rivers Of Nihil - Perpetual Growth Machine

Dark Lotus - Garden of Evil

Psyclon Nine - Widowmaker

Kxng Crooked - GiveUDatHammer

Suicide Commando - Pleasure

Alla Xul Elu - Skin

Army of the Pharaohs - Hollow Points

Guardian of the Sea - Shadowkeep (Shadowkeep)
Anthem for No State - Godspeed You! Black Emperor (Luciferian Towers)
Abundance - Legenda Aurea (Aeon)
The Shadows and the Wind - Uriah Heep (Wonderworld)
Bring Him Home - Colin Wilkinson (Stage Heroes)
There for You - Crystal Project (Crystal Project Volume I)
Shiva - Holocaust (Predator)
Gates of Fire - Grand Illusion (Prince of Paupers)
Bright Lights, Big City - Jimmy Reed (The Blues Collection Volume 11)
Who Was It - Gilbert O'Sullivan (The Berry Vest of)

Don't have a main playlist for shuffling, but I put my spotify "Liked songs" playlist (containing somewhere in the range of 1200 tracks) on today and these are the first ten that came up, personal highlights in bold:

Alice Cooper - "The Awakening"
Hatfield and the North - "(Big) John Wayne Socks Psychology on the Jaw"
The Megaphonic Thrift - "Den evige heten"
Chelsea Wolfe - "Eyes Like Nightshade"

The Moody Blues - "Evening"
The Fabulous Wailers - "Shivers"
Jefferson Airplane - "Today"
Jefferson Airplane - "Comin' Back to Me"
M83 - "Don't Save Us From the Flames"
Refused - "Summerholidays vs. Punkroutine"

My god, there are... bands I know in there! Shock! And possibly also, horror!
Here's my latest for you all to laugh at:

To Get Back to You - Nelson (Lightning Stikes Twice) Decent enough AOR
The Graves We've Dug - Harakiri for the Sky (Arson) Wonderful; love these guys and need to listen to more of their music
Crawling Chaos - Axemaster (chortle) (Crawling Chaos) Oh my sides! At least they have a cool cover for the album. That's about it. I mean, really? Axemaster? Why not call themselves Heavy Metal Gods or something and just go for it?  :laughing:  :laughing: Also, the song was absolute shit.
Hijos del Odio - Tierra Santa (Medieval) The Spanish Iron Maiden. Love these guys. Sons of Odin, maybe? Surely not sons of odiousness?
First Light - The Amnis Initiative (Relaxation Music) Oh man was this boring! I must have downloaded this once for Karen at a time when she couldn't sleep. That's my excuse anyway.
Little Bird (Utah Saints Version) - Annie Lennox (Little Bird) Good enough but I prefer the other side - "Love Song for a Vampire" is a classic track.
London Kid - Jean-Michel Jarre (Images) I like a lot of JMJ's work. This I did not like. Very pedestrian and boring. "Play Oxygene! No, the whole album, s'il vous plais!"
Dream Baby Dream - Bruce Springsteen (High Hopes) Love Bruce but man was this boring. So very repetitive. We get it, Bruce: she should dream. What happened to the man who wrote songs like "Racing in the Street" and "Nothing Man"? Is this what he's been reduced to?

The London Boy - David Bowie (London Boys) Early Bowie number; shows the promise that was there, even if the old cockney accent is a bit strong there. Do wot? Shut it!
Hurricane - Y&T (Earthshaker) Brings me back to my younger days. No, the earth did not shake due to the passage of dinosaurs, thank you so very much!

And with that, I shall bid you adieu, until next time.

Quote from: Trollheart on Sep 19, 2024, 02:34 AMDream Baby Dream - Bruce Springsteen (High Hopes) Love Bruce but man was this boring. So very repetitive. We get it, Bruce: she should dream. What happened to the man who wrote songs like "Racing in the Street" and "Nothing Man"? Is this what he's been reduced to?

Based on your description it seems like it's a cover of the song by Suicide but I don't know for sure